2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hardly ever put money on ANY aberdeen game incase of a jinx :s

never bet on scotland games either...

I had 20 on France to beat Scotland at Hampden, and every game since i've put 20 on the other team as a superstition. Quite a bit up thanks to Georgia at 9-1!! Would've taken 3points instead though :down:

I didn't think we played that badly last night.

Pana really didn't look that good a side! They were there for the taking. We just didn't have enough belief. Calderwood should have went 2 up front at the start of the second half.

They were diving all over the shop (that's what happens in europe though). First goal was never a foul. Second goal was a terrible ball from mcnamara and the third goal was poor defending after a good save from langfield. Simple mistakes we were punished for. That's what happens at this level.

You learn from this though. We got back into the game as the first half progressed, then seemed to go right off the boil after the break. Calderwood should have changed it earlier.

Atmosphere was gash in the stadium too.

Hopefully the home games will be better!!!!!!!!

You gotta look for more from the Expierenced players ie, Seve and Macnamara. Both of them were guilty of giving the ball away to often. But what a miss by Clark though. It's just a pity we didn't test their keeper. At least it was another decent display by Langfield, could done a wee bit better with the second, if he could just work on his kicking.

Lets make Falkirk and Caley suffer for that!!!

Cant wait to get home next week. 4 games in 2 weeks, bring it on!!!

You gotta look for more from the Expierenced players ie, Seve and Macnamara. Both of them were guilty of giving the ball away to often. But what a miss by Clark though.

I'm with on MacNamara but, although he played a few poor balls, Severin, as always, got put under a lot of pressure by the other midfielders unwillingness to take any responsibility whatsoever. Time after time he's the only one offering an option, and he gets so many hospital passes from the likes of Clark. Wasn't his best game last night, other than the fucking great tackle he got booked for.

I didn't think Clark's miss was that bad, was a difficult ball to take.

Mcnamara brings nothing to the Aberdeen team. He's been drivel this season. Can't pass to save his life. I think he'll be on his way at christmas or end of the season for sure.

Wouldn't bother me too much given how much we must be paying him.

Going back to your previous post, was the shite atmosphere nae because that Gate 13 lot or whatever their main group's called are having some kind of protest? About being made to give personal details when buying season tickets or something I think.

Going back to your previous post, was the shite atmosphere nae because that Gate 13 lot or whatever their main group's called are having some kind of protest? About being made to give personal details when buying season tickets or something I think.

aye they were boycotting the game would have been cool to see them there though, they turn up at heaps of things including womens volleyball lol!

on another note scottish cup 2nd round culter tomorrow should be interesting :gringo:

think culter have a few injury doubts tho :down:

well thats culter thru to the 3rd round decent game had a bit of everything, goals, off side goal, meaty challenges, red card. hope the next round draw is a good one! :D

Ended up at the Culter game aswell, was a good game apart from VOL throwing in badly judged challenges for most of the game. They could easily have been down to about eight men by the end.

Let's all laugh at Stenny (again)!

de Ramos in at Spurs seems pretty much a certainty, where do you think Jol and Mourinho will end up?

There were Newcastle fans on Talksport today protesting to have Sam Allardyce removed from his job. Gotta love them Geordie fans and their patience They're fucking 8th for Christs sake, which isn't bad for a team still recovering from Graeme Sounness! :laughing: