aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed it was. I took my AFC-loving daughter to the game today and it was utter pish. The match ball should have been sponsored by NASA, given the number of time it was launched into the Ionosphere.

The only highlights were Diamond & Aluko for the Dons and Finnigan for the Bairns.

Still, Killie rumped the Jambos on Saturday, so I'm happy.

I din't think Zander had his best game today. Couple of good challenges and did well for the penalty but he also got overexcited and nearly cost us a goal on more than one occasion.

Severin looked head and shoulders above everyone else in the first half. He then faded a bit in the second; but that's only to be expected when trying to do three midfielders work alone. Speaking of which, Nicholson and Clark were abysmal.

Also thought Miller looked very very good today, he just desperately needs someone to play with...

Agree with that. Fully expected Miller to get 'man of the match'. He must be getting tired of holding the ball up then trying to pass to himself. Aluko looked a sharp cookie at both ends and De Visscher showing some good thinking if a little sluggish. Severin was all on his own in the middle the entire game, it seemed... Even Calderwood seemed a little lethargic

Poor performance by the Dons and Falkirk. Miller is coming onto a game but he can't do much with nae support. Young had a bad game. I'm not at all impressed by de Visscher, never seen him beat a man yet. Hope Aluko gets a start on Wednesday because he looks sharp and put in 2 or 3 decent crosses which is more than the rest of the team put together over the past few games. Hart and Foster sucked today and Chris Clark should be dropped. Very boring day out.

Shite match on Sunday.

The Dons better turn up on Wed as I want a trip to Hampden.

Aluko to start on Wed please. Drop Clark, he was horseshit yesterday.

And get Maguire up front with Miler.

here here.

And for those that booed at the end shame (not that they will be reading this). Okay it wasn't pretty or clever and was very frustrating but shouldn't we be supporting our team through thick and thin?

3rd round draw:

Albion Rovers v East Stirlingshire

Forfar Athletic or Dumbarton v Berwick Rangers

Culter v Huntly

Brechin City v East Fife

Stranraer v Stirling Albion

Clyde v Montrose or Pollok

Cove Rangers v Edinburgh University

Partick Thistle v Ayr United

Threave Rovers v Raith Rovers

Greenock Morton v Buckie Thistle

Linlithgow Rose v Dalbeattie Star

Arbroath v Cowdenbeath

Ross County v Whitehill Welfare

Livingston v Alloa Athletic

Peterhead v Queen of the South

Airdrie United v Queen's Park

Bit disappointed with that, Ayr at home is no cakewalk.

Haha!! I just got a phone call from ICT to say i'm appearing at a half-time competition for our game v. Motherwell next saturday.

Basically its a Flybe sponsored goal scoring challenge between 2 folk, with the winner getting 2 free return flights from Inverness to Belfast or London. Hope the other guy is rubbish (or a girl, below the standard of Julie Fleeting!). Get hospitality tickets for 2 and lots of merch too...

Off to buy a new pair of boots!!

Can't scrape myself off the ceiling!!!

Roll on tomorrow night!!!!

How much is it to get into Todders nowadays? Might pop along if I get bored......

:up:

I read on the Caley messageboard its 21 adult, 15 concession (which i guess includes students).

It'll be pretty empty i'm guessing. Although, from what early reports on our board there could be 300-500 Caley fans which isn't bad for a cold wednesday evening.