aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watch out for the glory hunting bastards nicking your tickets

I really don't agree with having that attitude.

I think it should be seen as a good thing that we are attracting much more people for this game now even if they are glory hunting. It is a shame that they won't stay and watch spl games against non OF sides but at least if we get the win then attendences will increase. Although that's mroe from a bsuiness point of view, personally they should get to every game and support there team. If it wasn't for my annoying Saturday shifts I would be there.

Although the only reason I feel defensive cause I only really got back into supporting Aberdeen last season when we started to play better football. Blame Pele, that's what I do.

In terms with Pittodrie moving I don't agree with a 30,000 seater unless we closed off higher sections for our games. It would be good to move to a place that would enable people to get to easier. The parking at pittodrie is attrocious but then they should really just walk, the lazy bastards!

I really don't agree with having that attitude.

Although the only reason I feel defensive cause I only really got back into supporting Aberdeen last season when we started to play better football. Blame Pele, that's what I do.

In terms with Pittodrie moving I don't agree with a 30,000 seater unless we closed off higher sections for our games. It would be good to move to a place that would enable people to get to easier. The parking at pittodrie is attrocious but then they should really just walk, the lazy bastards!

Luckily you missed Alex Millers 'reign'. Stunning stuff. In the worst possible way. Made Pele look like a demi-god.

The current spot earmarked for the new stadium is across the road by the beach leisure centre. So it won't be any easier to get to if that goes ahead.

Porthlethen would be good in some ways and it has the train links and wouldn't require travelling through aberdeen for away fans and dons fans coming up from the south. Although businesses and pubs in town would take big dent. Double edged sword.

Keep it close to where it is, it's close to my flat ;)

Guest idol_wild
Well, we started winning. Didn't see much better football.

Here, here.

I actually pine for the Ebbe days sometimes. Sure, we were an unorganised mess, but we had genuinely exciting (though very raw) players who sometimes justified the admission fee.

The football AFC have played under Calderwood is absolutely woeful. Seriously despondent stuff. But he's won a bigger percentage of games than most managers in the past 12 years or so.

glory hunters are part and parcel of the game i'm afraid. last saturday cambridge got a crowd of 4,500 (usual average is just over 3,000) for their second round FA cup against weymouth - the club threw in the added incentive of possibly getting a big gun in the third round by handing out vouchers for a possible 3rd round home tie.

season ticket holders would get first option on such a game and they also got a voucher which they could use to give to someone else. i think we should have handed out vouchers at a lower profile cup game such as the FA Trophy or Setanta Shield which will probably be pretty poorly attended (though in the FA Trophy we have a local derby against kings lynn which should attract a decent crowd anyway)

quite frankly when your club is skint i welcome anyone whose pays money to get in a game though i see the point of it being a little annoying that certain people will only turn up for the big games or if the team is doing well.

Here, here.

I actually pine for the Ebbe days sometimes. Sure, we were an unorganised mess, but we had genuinely exciting (though very raw) players who sometimes justified the admission fee.

The football AFC have played under Calderwood is absolutely woeful. Seriously despondent stuff. But he's won a bigger percentage of games than most managers in the past 12 years or so.

Hahah, Ebbe days? Seriously? Bottom of the league. Good times. It was great fun talking to him in Safeway when he was filling his trolley with booze. Even more of a pisshead than Pele, but he could handle it. 7-0 tonkings by the tims every other week. Ace. ;)

I wouldn't say the football has been woeful under Calderwood. He has steadied the ship. Sure, we haven't seen any of his 2-4-4 formations for a while, and he plays chris clark and richie byrne every week, but if he can sign the majority of the squad up again and add some quality in the transfer window, we'll be sitting pretty.

Porthlethen would be good in some ways and it has the train links and wouldn't require travelling through aberdeen for away fans and dons fans coming up from the south. Although businesses and pubs in town would take big dent. Double edged sword.

why should we cater for, say, 200 Gretna fans though?

surely 200 of them getting to the beach is better than 10,000 home fans taking the car (and, given the shittiness of the train service, they WOULD take the car) to Portlethen.

why should we cater for, say, 200 Gretna fans though?

surely 200 of them getting to the beach is better than 10,000 home fans taking the car (and, given the shittiness of the train service, they WOULD take the car) to Portlethen.

Indeed, I see you point mr chisholm, but it's not down to me where we move sadly, these are just suggestions made by the club.... who knows what masterplan they will come up with.

We'll maybe use Jimmy's tombola to decide the destination of the new stadium.

Guest idol_wild
Hahah, Ebbe days? Seriously? Bottom of the league. Good times. It was great fun talking to him in Safeway when he was filling his trolley with booze. Even more of a pisshead than Pele, but he could handle it. 7-0 tonkings by the tims every other week. Ace. ;)

We were bottom of the league one out of his three seasons (it was just three, right?), and he improved us within three years. And genuinely wanted to play exciting football. Going to Pittodrie became good fun, because at the very least you knew something exciting would happen.

These days we have Chris Clark and Derek Young playing week in, week out in our midfield. Two workman-like players, but with extremely limited ability.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against Calderwood at all. He's done an excellent job with limited resources. I was just saying that sometimes I pine for some excitement back down Pittodrie way. ;)

Luckily you missed Alex Millers 'reign'. Stunning stuff. In the worst possible way. Made Pele look like a demi-god.

No, I really never.:(

I still detest now that Alex Miller as an effin' Champions League medal.

I stopped going halfway through Ebbe's reign, as I had started working and generally started to lose interest in football in general.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I'm not sure I would have sacked Kenny, but you can't really say that the decision can't be justified.

We had two good cup runs, but a few wins against big teams does not a good team make. We have had a horrendous league record under his management - 8 wins in 38 games. Let's not forget that Kenny did get us relegated from the SPL (with a talented and able squad) and now, almost halfway through the season, we're languishing in the lower reaches of the 1st division with not a hope of promotion and potentially a relegation dogfight on our hands.

I can't agree that the senior players have been the problem - Crawford and McManus, for me, have been about the only two players with a bit of passion about them. We have a weak squad completely unsuited to the division we're in. We have had a lot of injuries, but we still shouldn't be getting thumped 5-0 at home.

Kenny has made some terrible calls with regards to player management - shipping McGuire off on loan was plain stupid, and spending a large part of his wage allowance on Sol Bamba wasn't wise - for every good game, he has two shockers.

Kenny has had success in the past, but he has, ultimately, failed at Dunfermline.

I hold you entirely responsible for the state we're in! Ever since you made that "we're all over it" post, I've been waiting for us to plunge down into the shitline. This is all your bloody fault, you should know what happens when Pars fans get optimistic...

:up:

We were bottom of the league one out of his three seasons (it was just three, right?), and he improved us within three years. And genuinely wanted to play exciting football. Going to Pittodrie became good fun, because at the very least you knew something exciting would happen.

These days we have Chris Clark and Derek Young playing week in, week out in our midfield. Two workman-like players, but with extremely limited ability.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against Calderwood at all. He's done an excellent job with limited resources. I was just saying that sometimes I pine for some excitement back down Pittodrie way. ;)

I cant remember how long uncle ebbe was here... I was as drunk as him for most of his reign! I remember the 10 home wins on the trot, that was great. ;)

Lets hope calderwood signs a few flair players next month. Still, could be worse.... we are in a cup semi, top half of the league and a great chance to still be in Europe after christmas. Last time we managed that was about 1985/6...... onwards!

I hold you entirely responsible for the state we're in! Ever since you made that "we're all over it" post, I've been waiting for us to plunge down into the shitline. This is all your bloody fault, you should know what happens when Pars fans get optimistic...

actually i think you'll find phil collins is to blame for dunfermline's recent poor form. :up:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
actually i think you'll find phil collins is to blame for dunfermline's recent poor form. :up:

That's a point, it all started to go wrong when they started showing that advert with the gorilla playing drums...

it might get called off as they've had some bad weather down there but if it does go ahead then its going to wet, windy and very muddy!!! should be some comedic errors in defence!!!

and the exciting draw for the fourth round of the setanta shield at half time!!!