aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

Ha - I like the enthusiasm.

Motherwell are red-hot right now, so it's not as bad as you think. Could be worse - you could be a Killie fan, which, I can assure you, is no fun at the moment.

I know but what's not bad about a 3-0 score line regardless of how good the other team are? You would expect a hiding like that from the top teams in the world not the 3rd in the SPL.

Anyhoo, anyone got any statistics about how shit we play when Seve starts a game? Hart on as Captain the last couple of games and we win. I can't help thinking that near all the wins have been when Severin is out! Other forums saying he was awful today (again). Kick up the arse didn't work then...

On a positive note. It sounded like they battled away with the youngeens getting some chances late on and the commentators saying that the Dons deserved at least one goal from the game.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has it ever been fun being a Killie fan?

Yeah - 1994-95 was pretty good. We whitewashed another team by beating them 4 times that season...and I believe it's been the only time it's happened to that particular club - canny mind who though ?(

1996-97 was OK too, we won the Scottish Cup that season.

So it's not all doom and gloom at the Theatre of Pies.

Oh - I remember who we whitewashed - Aberdeen :kiss:

Yay! Inverness v. Celtic today :love:

Chance to make up some ground on Hearts and the Dons. Doubt it'll happen, but who knows? We always give them a game at our place and have been in pretty good form of late.

Drop Roy McBain and put in Barry Wilson to take advantage of Celtic's makeshift fullbacks and we'll win. Brewster isn't going to do that though... :down:

Yay! Inverness v. Celtic today :love:

Chance to make up some ground on Hearts and the Dons. Doubt it'll happen, but who knows? We always give them a game at our place and have been in pretty good form of late.

Drop Roy McBain and put in Barry Wilson to take advantage of Celtic's makeshift fullbacks and we'll win. Brewster isn't going to do that though... :down:

Should have been a draw, McDonald was onside.

Guest idol_wild
Listening to the Newcastle game on Five Live... David Pleat just said that the Fulham leftback "has a lovely physique," o_O

He and Graham Taylor come out with some classics.

On the subject of The Dons, I took little interest in Saturday's game, other than to check teletext for the score update. I'm finding it difficult to really give much of a shit about the club at the minute. The European venture seems to be covering over a few cracks. We've still been inconsistent in the league, and really, the vast majority of the performances, by all accounts, have been poor. I think attendances reflect this. Yet the attitude to attendances is to have a go at the stay away fans. That won't work. I think the club should be looking at ways to get people into Pittodrie on match days. Our team, on the most part, is pretty mince. We have to thank many penalty decisons for a fair few of the points we've picked up at Pittodrie this season.

Many people are suggesting we "stuff the league, let's concentrate on Europe". What the fuck?? The league is our bread and butter. Europe is a bonus.

The Beer Festival several weeks back is the busiest I've ever seen the RDS at any one time.

He and Graham Taylor come out with some classics.

On the subject of The Dons, I took little interest in Saturday's game, other than to check teletext for the score update. I'm finding it difficult to really give much of a shit about the club at the minute. The European venture seems to be covering over a few cracks. We've still been inconsistent in the league, and really, the vast majority of the performances, by all accounts, have been poor. I think attendances reflect this. Yet the attitude to attendances is to have a go at the stay away fans. That won't work. I think the club should be looking at ways to get people into Pittodrie on match days. Our team, on the most part, is pretty mince. We have to thank many penalty decisons for a fair few of the points we've picked up at Pittodrie this season.

Many people are suggesting we "stuff the league, let's concentrate on Europe". What the fuck?? The league is our bread and butter. Europe is a bonus.

The Beer Festival several weeks back is the busiest I've ever seen the RDS at any one time.

Hear that... I can't help myself though. Me and the lad get drawn back in every week no matter how bad they were. There is the hope, see, that JC will play the team that played well the week before, but... Take Motherwell as an example playing well and ripping up the table due in part too, and I'm not sure of the exact fgures, the same team, give or take a couple of changes due to injury etc, having played for - insert double figure here-.!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Doin this may result in players remembering where their team mates are supposed to be and what they should be doing. Example: 'Touzani proving to be a very talented midfielder, gets slung into defence' has poor game.

293504310.jpg

How could he be onside!? ;)

Just watched the whole game again. Our midfield were incredible; pissing on 8million's worth of overated "Internationals".

Save of the year from Mikey as well

Top 6 perhaps this season?

Clearly photoshopped. To say your midfield was incredible is an exaggeration, although I'll admit ours is overrated, particularly Brown.

Edit: woops missed that winking smiley thing, and didn't notice they were ALL offside in this pic. I thought it was genuinely sneaky move.

293504310.jpg

How could he be onside!? ;)

Just watched the whole game again. Our midfield were incredible; pissing on 8million's worth of overated "Internationals".

Save of the year from Mikey as well

Was that from McManus' chance in the last minute.

There's a great photo of that in the scotsman.

Special Brew is a weird guy when it comes to consistency.

That has been coming for quite a while (off field problems, say no more here), to be honest.

He's been training with County, and looks like signing for them instead.

Good luck to him, just hope he doesn't blow another chance at it......

ach.. was hoping to catch a few more folk out with thinking it was wee Chesney :love:

He impressed me in the cup game a few seasons back. Surprised he's willing to make the move up north though.