aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear this every game I go to. It infuriates me.

Because he couldn't possibly be blocking of other potential passing options rather than chraging at the boy and making it easy for him to knock the ball past him/pass wherever the hell he likes.

Same goes for the continual shouts of "Mark yer man, Hart, yer a fuckin' full back!" Yes, but if he goes and stands on the winger's toes, right on the fucking touchline, he leaves a gaping space between him and Diamond for a pacey striker to run into and heaps of room for a ball to be played into that area. I'd rather see Hart having to go out and close down a winger once the ball's played than Zander being forced to turn and get in a running race.

Am I sounding like a Tango disciple here?

Because he couldn't possibly be blocking of other potential passing options rather than chraging at the boy and making it easy for him to knock the ball past him/pass wherever the hell he likes.

Same goes for the continual shouts of "Mark yer man, Hart, yer a fuckin' full back!" Yes, but if he goes and stands on the winger's toes, right on the fucking touchline, he leaves a gaping space between him and Diamond for a pacey striker to run into and heaps of room for a ball to be played into that area. I'd rather see Hart having to go out and close down a winger once the ball's played than Zander being forced to turn and get in a running race.

Am I sounding like a Tango disciple here?

Nope. But there is no telling all the armchair managers out there, self included at times...:laughing:

Went to the Bernabeu last night to see Real beat Racing Santander 3-1. Robhinho's 7 keepy ups across the middle of the pitch restored my faith in football. A fantastic experience.

went to that game also. different class. the front three of robinho, raul and van nistelrooy, with schneijder playing off them, were an absolute joy to watch.

went to that game also. different class. the front three of robinho, raul and van nistelrooy, with schneijder playing off them, were an absolute joy to watch.

I think I had a permanent smile throughout. 4 rows from the back behind the goal was an excellent view to watch their movement. Was a great atmosphere sitting next to the Racing fans too.

Raul, Raul, Raul, Raul......Raaaaauuuuul, Raaaauuuuul.

I think I had a permanent smile throughout. 4 rows from the back behind the goal was an excellent view to watch their movement. Was a great atmosphere sitting next to the Racing fans too.

Raul, Raul, Raul, Raul......Raaaaauuuuul, Raaaauuuuul.

I was in the East (main) stand in the second tier up directly in line with Raul's free kick (captured on camera). :up:

Those roof heaters were the fucking business - can we have them in the South Stand next season min Milne?

Apparently its been decided for weeks that John Robertson and Donald Park will take over at Dunfermline, leaving the Derry City job available for Kenny. Just what I heard; and i've rarely been wrong with matters of ICT and ex-ICT!

So Aberdeen are going to build a new stadium, according to various newspapers today. 30,000 capacity!!!!

What are your thoughts on this?

Reading through your financial statements this morning (borrowed from a student's parent who is a shareholder), i've seen some scary figures!! Especially after reading how the Lemon Tree closed, after making a loss every year!! By the looks of things, you'll get 10million for Pittodrie and its land, which will clear your debt. But where is this supposed 50 million coming from for the new stadium?? I guess Stewart Milne will fund it/own it, and rent it to the club? Some money will come from the SFA and Council I suppose, with possibilities of a rugby team using it? but not a lot...

At least you could buy another Paul Bernard or Brian O'Niell with this 1.4mill transfer kitty...

apparently todders now worth 20 mil

wouldn't the new stadium be council owned anyway? or partly council owned?

After re-reading the figures, you are right. It is worth 20million; my apologies.

And from what i've read on other forums, the Council would have a significant (if not 100%) ownership of the new stadium. So it would be rented i'm guessing...

*Currently planning a lesson on what stakeholders are affected in a positive and negative way, if this development goes through. Poor old Pittodrie Bar for example!*

Reading through your financial statements this morning (borrowed from a student's parent who is a shareholder), i've seen some scary figures!!

Bear in mind when reading scary figures that there are two companies involved. AFC and the company which is linked to the stadium and the land. They were separated a year or two ago to protect the club from it's debt.

Christ, who came up with this brainbuster? We couldn't even half-fill Todders this Sunday gone...

The club would be hoping that it'd be used for any upcoming Euro Champs bids from Scotland, as well as the Rugby World Cup. It could also be used for any huge concerts, ala Elton John and Free at the Dee (or Pittodrieeee).

The club would be hoping that it'd be used for any upcoming Euro Champs bids from Scotland, as well as the Rugby World Cup. It could also be used for any huge concerts, ala Elton John and Free at the Dee (or Pittodrieeee).

Fair enough, I'm thinking of it more from an AFC point of view though... the atmosphere at Todders isn't exactly jumping at the moment anyway, just imagining how "great" it would be with 10-15,000 "stuffed" into a 30,000 seater.