aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm smacked of gob and grinningly stunned! Didn't see that coming. So Aberdeen have been the underdogs and unlikely to progress or play well against any of the other teams in the group... Just transfer some of that ability into the SPL! World class first goal by Smith!

I was hoping for a 1 goal win for Christmas, I got 4. Copenhagen were guff and made to look even worse by the Dons.

Wish I was in town! Gonna be jumping tonight.

Same on Sunday please!

its an old cliche but aberdeen played a blinder whilst copenhagen had a nightmare. it puts your faith back in the beautiful game. i remember last season when cambridge lost seven on the trot and everyone was calling for jimmy quinn's head and we went out and stuffed woking 3-0.

greavsie was right it is indeed a funny old game!

I said to my mate at half-time "this has got 0-0 written all over it," what a tit I felt at the end!

Great result, I was hoping we might scrape a 1-0 or something, but fuck me, 4-0!? That's insane. Jimmy must've said something special at half-time.

I thought that Hutchinson bloke had a decent game for Copenhagen but otherwise they were gash, defence in particular.

Regarding that hooters, I actually quite liked them... it's not often we get that amount of noise at Pittodrie after all. That said, I'm not one of the unfortunate souls who had one going off in his ear every 10 seconds (I was in the South Stand).

But yeah, excellent result. We face one of the teams that finished first now, right? That means:-

Everton

Villarreal

Hamburg

Bayer Leverkusen

Bayern

Getafe

Bordeaux

Well that was blinding. Still can't believe it actually happened. Missed the first goal because i was in the queue for a pie. I was in the south stand, and am guilty of hootering my way through the match. I liked them, it gave the impression of a constant atmosphere.

Is the draw on telly tomorrow? Any idea of times?

Fantastic game!

Was a bit nerve racking in the first half, especially with Langfield not kicking a ball properly, but redeemed himself with some great saves.

Severin was really quiet it seemed(from Upper RD point of view) but he pretty much set up one of the goals so can't really complain.

So noise hooters were really annoying. Great for the start of the match but they drowned out nearly every chant. Felt sorry for anyone in Pittodrie area doing an early shift the next day!

Any preferences in the draw?

Wouldn't mind one of the easier teams to be honest. Would like to improve our chances of fluking it past into the last 16. Hamburg or Munich would make a good trip though.

Guest idol_wild

I still can't believe that. When the third goal went it I had no idea how to celebrate. So I just sort of laughed in pure disbelief, with my arms in the air.

Lee Miller was absolutely brilliant. I suggested before the match that he was a key player for us in this match in particular, and he fucking delivered a brilliant target man performance. I don't recall him losing a single header. For a centre-forward, that is insane. Two assists and sheer graft. I hope he changes a few minds after that.

I also thought Ritchie Byrne was outstanding. Despite two kamikaze moments. Diamond was a shining gem at the back, as always. And playing Considine at left-back was a master-stroke from Calderwood. They liked the diagonal balls to the wings, and Considine, after a shakey opening ten minutes, won everything in the air.

Apparently the Sportscene pundits were berating the Dons defence. Our defence was terrific last night. They only really had one clear cut opening in 90 minutes. That's pretty good against a side that beat Manchester United and Celtic last season.

It'll be typical for us to get stuffed by the Huns on Sunday though. :bat:

I still can't believe that. When the third goal went it I had no idea how to celebrate. So I just sort of laughed in pure disbelief, with my arms in the air.

Lee Miller was absolutely brilliant. I suggested before the match that he was a key player for us in this match in particular, and he fucking delivered a brilliant target man performance. I don't recall him losing a single header. For a centre-forward, that is insane. Two assists and sheer graft. I hope he changes a few minds after that.

I also thought Ritchie Byrne was outstanding. Despite two kamikaze moments. Diamond was a shining gem at the back, as always. And playing Considine at left-back was a master-stroke from Calderwood. They liked the diagonal balls to the wings, and Considine, after a shakey opening ten minutes, won everything in the air.

Apparently the Sportscene pundits were berating the Dons defence. Our defence was terrific last night. They only really had one clear cut opening in 90 minutes. That's pretty good against a side that beat Manchester United and Celtic last season.

It'll be typical for us to get stuffed by the Huns on Sunday though. :bat:

I agree with Sportscene for berating our defence at half-time.......while we kept them out, we didnt look convincing. We didnt clear our lines well, and Considine in particular was letting every high ball bounce which is pretty basic stuff, and it made it difficult for us to get ourselves into the Copenhagen half at times.

However, whatever JC said at half time worked, and the whole defence were outstanding for the second half which allowed us to press much higher up the pitch. The rest was just pure fantasy football, and the best occasion I've been to at Pittodrie in years.

Hooters were annoying as fuck though! :up:

Bring on the Germans!! Please god let me be at home!!

What a result last night, what a night in town too, Drummonds was a good laugh!

Getting passed Bayern gives us Anderlecht or Bordeaux! been to Anderlecht stadium before and on our way to the game a copper stopped us and told us to get Anderlecht colours or the home fans may think we are away fans and possibly "knife us"!

Getting passed Bayern gives us Anderlecht or Bordeaux!

Erm, don't want to rain on your parade but:

1 GK Oliver Kahn (captain)

2 DF Willy Sagnol

3 DF Lcio

5 DF Daniel Van Buyten

6 DF Martn Demichelis

7 MF Franck Ribry

8 MF Hamit Altıntop

9 FW Luca Toni

11 FW Lukas Podolski

15 MF Z Roberto

16 MF Andreas Ottl