RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should we expect ranting? ;)

Cover your ears when Ross logs in...

Oh the irony :)

Largely a dire game but better than much of what the Don's have been producing lately. Hampered by defenders that can't play or think. Byrne did have a cracking tackle to stop a sure goal though. Timed to perfection it was, unlike the rest of his and Mair's game.

I liked Clark applauding at the end when most were probably muttering 'fuck off' under their breath.

I did laugh when the pen was awarded, once I noticed it was Lee Miller lying on his arse. Looked very soft where I was, but not going to pass judgement till I see the highlights.

Not that bothered about the result today to be honest, as I did have a bad feeling about this game. Again you controlled the first half, we controlled the second; which seems to be a theme of the games we share.

We had a couple of chances to win it before Miller's ice skates took his balance away, so that was a bit sickening.

Happy enough with my team and their performance, something that very veeerrry few Dons fans will be able to say tonight!

I did laugh when the pen was awarded, once I noticed it was Lee Miller lying on his arse. Looked very soft where I was, but not going to pass judgement till I see the highlights.

Not that bothered about the result today to be honest, as I did have a bad feeling about this game. Again you controlled the first half, we controlled the second; which seems to be a theme of the games we share.

We had a couple of chances to win it before Miller's ice skates took his balance away, so that was a bit sickening.

Happy enough with my team and their performance, something that very veeerrry few Dons fans will be able to say tonight!

im a HUGE dons fan, was there tonight, but had to laugh cos its so true. EVERY time some one challanges him he falls, BADLY. hes just lucky he has nae been sent of for diving. hes a good player but needs to grow some balls.

im a HUGE dons fan, was there tonight, but had to laugh cos its so true. EVERY time some one challanges him he falls, BADLY. hes just lucky he has nae been sent of for diving. hes a good player but needs to grow some balls.

He's on his ass lots due to him gettin in aboot more than most of his teams meats. Nice to see Severin upping his game again.:up:

Well that was pretty grim.

I'm gonna come to Byrne's defence and say that he's still a much, much better player than Mair. Mair is slow, weak and both technically and tactically inept. Nae good.

I also think it's a wee bit unfair to have a go at Miller when the Nacho Novos of this world are still at large. As for the penalty today, I'd guess that there was contact from the defender, that it wasn't enough to knock Miller over, but that to the letter of the law it was a foul. Again, much as I'm not in favour of players going down easy, defenders need to wise up.

Playing both Aluko and Smith wasn't the way to go today - you can sometimes afford one passenger, never two. And the fact that Nicholson was no more involved than those two makes it really hard for me to take when folk still want to criticise Severin.

I thought Black was the best player on the park, you lot hanging onto him, RossP?

I thought Black was the best player on the park, you lot hanging onto him, RossP?

He's contracted to the summer of 2009. Unless you've got 400k or so, you won't get him...

Ross Tokely on the other hand is out of contract in 6 months, so maybe you could get him to replace Michael Hart? Go on... please?

as scorge mentioned, montrose stuffed arbroath 5 - 0 yesterday at Links Park.

We didnt even play that well!

"CAAAN WE PLAY YOU EVERY WEEK..."

And yet another Garry Wood goal. I've heard he's extended his loan for another month, and i've also heard he's on loan till the end of season; which is it? As I wouldn't mind him being in our squad for a few months before the season's up.

His contract is up in the summer which is a worry :down:

two goals for wood

his second was sublime, rounded a few defenders then chipped the keeper

his loan has been extended for a month, would love for it to be until the end of the season though, he has been magnificent for us. i doubt he would make any appearences within the first team though surely?

Handy to have as a under 21 sub. Has he been playing as a striker or Attacking Midfielder?

He'd be up against Niculae, Bayne, Wyness and McCallister (although hopefully he'll get punted soon). From what i saw in pre-season I think he'd be handy to bring on and reliable enough to start should injuries and suspension force it.

It was a very stylish few moves into the box from Miller and also a very shrewd choice of direction change just before he was bundled to the ground by said oaf, you think defenders would be getting wise to his ways but thankfully not ;). Seen some great footwork from Miller this season. Surpasses much of what his team mates seem capable of. He's an ungainly chap and you never really notice the skill he produces to keep the ball, more often than not... I also hear rumours that he trains on Judo crash mats:up:

I like big Lee. Seems like he would be fun to get pissed with but might fall over a lot at the end of the night

It was a very stylish few moves into the box from Miller and also a very shrewd choice of direction change just before he was bundled to the ground by said oaf, you think defenders would be getting wise to his ways but thankfully not ;). Seen some great footwork from Miller this season. Surpasses much of what his team mates seem capable of. He's an ungainly chap and you never really notice the skill he produces to keep the ball, more often than not... I also hear rumours that he trains on Judo crash mats:up:

I like big Lee. Seems like he would be fun to get pissed with but might fall over a lot at the end of the night

Seem to remember a Scotsport argument where Andy Wanker said as soon as you get contact in the box you should fall to the ground, and Graham Spiers retorted "Would you throw yourself to the ground if you bumped into someone on the street?"

I'd imagine Lee Miller avoids Union Street at all costs; just think of all those prams and old ladies that could bump into him!? He could fly under a bus!