aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seem to remember a Scotsport argument where Andy Wanker said as soon as you get contact in the box you should fall to the ground, and Graham Spiers retorted "Would you throw yourself to the ground if you bumped into someone on the street?"

I'd imagine Lee Miller avoids Union Street at all costs; just think of all those prams and old ladies that could bump into him!? He could fly under a bus!

:up:

That's a corker.

Seem to remember a Scotsport argument where Andy Wanker said as soon as you get contact in the box you should fall to the ground, and Graham Spiers retorted "Would you throw yourself to the ground if you bumped into someone on the street?"

I'd imagine Lee Miller avoids Union Street at all costs; just think of all those prams and old ladies that could bump into him!? He could fly under a bus!

I personally thought he got hit quite hard to fall down but that's just my opinion. We won so that's all I care about just now!

I personally thought he got hit quite hard to fall down but that's just my opinion. We won so that's all I care about just now!

It was deceiving... as a Hippopotamus disguised as a right back brushed past him, which would make it look like a hard challenge I agree. However, I also feel that Ronnie Corbett making the the same challenge would result in Miller falling down like that, such is my belief of his diving tendencies.

It was no comfort to know that I had indeed predicted his tumble... :down:

Onwards and upwards though, Gretna tomorrow. My heart says win, my coupon says draw.

Onwards and upwards though, Gretna tomorrow. My heart says win, my coupon says draw.

Ken Bigley won the pools once....but then he lost his coupon

I gotta say that I'm amazed people are even debating the Miller penalty incident. Forme, there is no doubt the referee got it spot on. A clumsy barge from behind by a defender nowhere near the ball will ALWAYS have the same result. Why are people criticising Miller for getting fouled? It's Tokely who should be getting the stick for getting on the wrong side then making a panic challenge.

Love from Christy

Guest idol_wild

To be fair, all diving and "deceiving" aside, I think if Inverness were a team with guts and balls, they would have mashed Aberdeen long before the penalty.

Aberdeen had a field of very limited players playing out of position. If it weren't for dodgy penalty decisions this season, we'd be firmly in the bottom six.

Ken Bigley won the pools once....but then he lost his coupon

I gotta say that I'm amazed people are even debating the Miller penalty incident. Forme, there is no doubt the referee got it spot on. A clumsy barge from behind by a defender nowhere near the ball will ALWAYS have the same result. Why are people criticising Miller for getting fouled? It's Tokely who should be getting the stick for getting on the wrong side then making a panic challenge.

Love from Christy

Aye... Pretty obvious from the tv that it was a daft challenge. Miller knew what he was doing but didn't look to go down too easily. He probably knew there was chance of being hoofed over and fouled by the defender and played it out as is a 'footballers' want. He had worked hard to get there though.

Going pretty fucking dreadfully for the Toon at the moment. Rumours today suggesting that Big Sam is about to punt Emre for Steve Sidwell or Kevin Nolan (who are nothing players, in my opinion) :down:.

I like Big Sam and I think he should be given at least until the end of the season to prove himself, but he seems hell bent on replacing every creative/flair player we have in the squad with some bloody hopeless grafter. Not saying that Emre is some kind of midfield genius or anything, but he's a heck of a lot more exciting to watch than Butt, Geremi, Smith and Barton, and he does try to drag us away from the disgusting long ball crap we've been playing this season. Not only that but he's dug us out of the shite a couple of times this year too.

Can you imagine a midfield of Nolan - Butt - Barton in Big Sam's beloved 4-3-3 formation? Jesus wept.

All graft and no flair makes me very sad :(

Glad of a comfortable 3 points :up:

Next goal Caley score will be our 1000th competitive goal since we joined the SFL division 3. Hopefully we get it in a sneaky 1-0 win away to a poor Hibs side in the cup next week; Wyness please...

Glad of a comfortable 3 points :up:

Next goal Caley score will be our 1000th competitive goal since we joined the SFL division 3. Hopefully we get it in a sneaky 1-0 win away to a poor Hibs side in the cup next week; Wyness please...

Congrats.

You don't think Brewster wants to buy Chris Clark do you? I can't believe this guy thinks he can hold out for a better deal or that someone wants to buy him! He is utter gash! Missed an open goal (again) by all accounts. Take his name off the table for a contract and bin him. Gives his wages to the youth players. He's worse than a man down

Congrats.

You don't think Brewster wants to buy Chris Clark do you? I can't believe this guy thinks he can hold out for a better deal or that someone wants to buy him! He is utter gash! Missed an open goal (again) by all accounts. Take his name off the table for a contract and bin him. Gives his wages to the youth players. He's worse than a man down

I'm very thankful that Chrissie thinks himself as better than Inverness Caley, as I would hate to have him in my team. Terrible player, even as a bright eyed youngster in Elgin.

Chris Clark AWOL: Last seen in Ross Paterson's pocket in 1994 ;)

It's one of the sad things about footballers and their agents these days. These guys like Clark are too daft to realise that by playing in a relatively successful Aberdeen team they have realised their limited potential and are at the peak of their careers. With someone whispering in their ears about the chance to earn mega bucks playing in the English championship they start to get delusions of grandeur and think they merit a 2m transfer down south, apparently unable or unwilling to learn the lessons from those who have gone before them.

Chris Clark is not a better player than Eoin Jess, Russell Anderson, Kevin McNaughton etc. He wouldn't get a game for the Old Firm and would be lucky to get on the bench for a decent English side, so why he'd even consider leaving a team who are challenging for cups, playing in Europe and where he is guaranteed first team football is beyond me.

It's one of the sad things about footballers and their agents these days. These guys like Clark are too daft to realise that by playing in a relatively successful Aberdeen team they have realised their limited potential and are at the peak of their careers. With someone whispering in their ears about the chance to earn mega bucks playing in the English championship they start to get delusions of grandeur and think they merit a 2m transfer down south, apparently unable or unwilling to learn the lessons from those who have gone before them.

Chris Clark is not a better player than Eoin Jess, Russell Anderson, Kevin McNaughton etc. He wouldn't get a game for the Old Firm and would be lucky to get on the bench for a decent English side, so why he'd even consider leaving a team who are challenging for cups, playing in Europe and where he is guaranteed first team football is beyond me.

We have the same problem with John Rankin. Decent player who has an arse of an agent, touting him around the other SPL clubs whilst we are doing our best to keep him. Because Rankin has around 18 months to go on his contract, he'd be likely to go for 65-100k, which i'm assuming, a percentage would go to said agent. Shower of bastards, the lot of them...

But I don't think most Dons fans would be too concerned if Clark did move on... Apparently Diamond has made noises that there will be changes afoot...

But I don't think most Dons fans would be too concerned if Clark did move on... Apparently Diamond has made noises that there will be changes afoot...

I'll be well gutted if Hart, Zander and Barry Nic leave, Clark can fuck right off though. Their deadline's tomorrow, isn't it?

Newcastle vs. Stoke today, could be Big Sam's last stand if we don't win. I suppose the one positive of a manager change is that a new manager probably wouldn't want to sign Kevin Nolan.

I really rate Nolan, can you tell? :up:

We were fucking ghastly, thought Stevie T and Faye were the best two players on the pitch though. Michael Owen was about a mile off the pace, David Rozehnal is a fucking bombscare and by Christ do we need some creativity in the centre... Kazenga LuaLua made more forward runs in 15 minutes than Smith and Butt did in 90.

We're shite and we're sick of it!