aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

i think the problem at newcastle is that the weight of expectation from the toon army must affect the players and the management. its a bit like man poo in the 80's when bar a couple of FA cups they won fuck all. on paper newcastle have a decent side but for quite some time havent delivered on the pitch. i think they should stick with big sam for now its gonna take time to turn it around and as newcastle have proved changing your managers as regularly as your underwear doesn't guarentee success.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pars at Firhill again on Saturday. I would say I'm confident, but that would be naive.

Although Gallacher doesn't look like he's going to let in another goal ever. What a player.

We were pretty lucky to get a point last time round, nearly sneaked the three though!

Here's hoping for a nice run and ANOTHER Cup final where we'll inevitably get beaten by Celtic in semi-heroic fashion. Again.

i think the problem at newcastle is that the weight of expectation from the toon army must affect the players and the management. its a bit like man poo in the 80's when bar a couple of FA cups they won fuck all. on paper newcastle have a decent side but for quite some time havent delivered on the pitch. i think they should stick with big sam for now its gonna take time to turn it around and as newcastle have proved changing your managers as regularly as your underwear doesn't guarentee success.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Big Sam is right when he says it is a 3-5 year job but he needs to stop playing people in ridiculous positions (Martins on the wing, N'Zogbia at LB, Smith at CM) and switch from the 4-3-3 system he's been using. I do have faith in him getting it right, unfortunately too many of our fans are impatient imbeciles who think we should be top six every year :angel:.

I actually know people who want Sam to be sacked and Shearer to be installed. Jesus fucking wept.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Big Sam is right when he says it is a 3-5 year job but he needs to stop playing people in ridiculous positions (Martins on the wing, N'Zogbia at LB, Smith at CM) and switch from the 4-3-3 system he's been using. I do have faith in him getting it right, unfortunately too many of our fans are impatient imbeciles who think we should be top six every year :angel:.

I actually know people who want Sam to be sacked and Shearer to be installed. Jesus fucking wept.

i can't help thinking big sam wasnt the right manager for the job (he reminds me of mike bassett!!!) but he's in place now so may as well give him a decent shot.

yes the shearer thing makes me chuckle! can you see him giving up his comfy position on the match of the day sofa to take the job??? i dont think so and i dont blame him!

Pars at Firhill again on Saturday. I would say I'm confident, but that would be naive.

Although Gallacher doesn't look like he's going to let in another goal ever. What a player.

We were pretty lucky to get a point last time round, nearly sneaked the three though!

Here's hoping for a nice run and ANOTHER Cup final where we'll inevitably get beaten by Celtic in semi-heroic fashion. Again.

Don't remind me... we should've been in that final. Fucking Pressley...

Bayern Away Tickets

With another mass exodus of The Red Army anticipated for next month's crunch UEFA Cup clash with Bayern Munich in Germany, Dons chiefs have negotiated the pre-purchase of more than six thousand tickets to ensure that supporters will be able to enjoy what will be a massive game in a safe and segregated environment.

The 6200 tickets, priced at 28 and 20, will be allocated by ballot to season ticket holders and shareholders with a minimum of 260 shares and those eligible are invited to post their ballot papers to arrive no later than Friday 18th January. Ballot forms will be available at the Pittodrie ticket office and online from tomorrow (Tuesday 8th January), with full instructions on how they should be completed.

So, what's you think? Is a ballot good or bad? Is there likely to be 6000 people going this time?

I'd love to be confident of giving you lot a good stuffing, but we haven't won a league game at home for ages, and our record against the Pars in the cup is utterly bloody horrible.

I might be heading down anyway, out of blind optimism.....

:up:

a lot of speculation going on just now about the futures of hart, clark, diamond and nicholson

couldnt care less if clark goes but think the other 3 would be a loss if they move on but not irreplaceable

JC and JN could end up moving on too

there goes the stability of the last 3 years o_O :down:

Yeh the current rumour is Barry Nic to Hearts but can't see it IMO.

Will hoping they sign and stay but who knows. How are clubs suppose to progress if their key players are too impatient to stay loyal to their club?

This must be what it's like to be a Hibs fan?

Rumours are afoot that you want John Rankin, and will use whatever money you get from these sales to fund the 100k bid. Just rumours mind...

so if JC is out the door who's going to replace him?

also miller still isn't signed up on a contract yet has he even been offered one??? ?(

Apparently Miller was next up after this four are sorted...

Both Diamond and Miller have expressed their desire to stay, we never heard that from Nicholson and Hart, I don't think, so fingers crossed.

Guest idol_wild

Aberdeen FC have called a press conference for tomorrow. Which, to me, indicates only one thing: Calderwood is resigning.

I think the four contract "rebels" will be offski too. The club is in a bit of a state right now.

Aberdeen FC have called a press conference for tomorrow. Which, to me, indicates only one thing: Calderwood is resigning.

I think the four contract "rebels" will be offski too. The club is in a bit of a state right now.

Yeah, was just about to post this.

Lets be honest, you don't call a press coference to announce if some players are staying at the club or not; I think JC's a goner. Could be wrong tho.

The club is in a bit of a state right now.

*shrugs*

I don't think it's in a state. We've had some success, that's always going to make players think they've got a chance to get paid more elsewhere. The same goes for managers. Calderwood has always said he's ambitious and I always suspected he might jump ship once we got to a certain level and he thought he had a chance to get a job down south.

We've got a good base and as long as we can keep hold of some of the players in the summer then we can rebuild again and hopefully carry on the improvement.