aberdeen-music

What Grinds your Gears?

Benji

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nonsense. There is practically bugger all to do in Aberdeen and the surrounding area (no' date=' I don't count "walking aimlessly about" as something to do) when compared to most other cities in the U.K. (bigger or smaller). Bearing in mind we are the supposed "Oil Captial of Europe" this city is seriously underachieving.

I'm with Sue on this one. I'm fed up with some people who insist Aberdeen is a great city to live in. It's not and the quicker they realise this the quicker they, along with everyone else, should start putting on pressure on the powers that be to try and get this place to actually fulfil it's potential.

Don't make me quote those government statistics that show that Aberdeen is projected to have one of the largest population declines in Scotland in coming years. That's right folks, the ways are going Dundee will be a bigger city than Aberdeen in 10 - 20 years time. Now surely that must indicate something is wrong?[/quote']

hey i didn't say aberdeen was perfect but there's certainly stuff to do.

i think there could certainly be more museums, art spaces, places to get a good milkshake...

the main reason there's a population decline up here is because there's fuck all jobs outside of the oil and IT industries. and the few that do come up have ridiculous competition. most folks end up looking elsewhere i guess or working in shops/bars. i doubt it's due to a distinct lack of amenities.

i mean what do you want to do that you can't in aberdeen? in aberdeen and the surrounding area there's gyms, sports centres, cinemas, abundance of parks, football pitches, lan cafes, mountains(climbing and snowsports), go karting, paintball, swimming pools, rivers(fishing, rafting etc), surfing and other watersports, amusement park, rehearsal rooms, pubs, clubs, venues, theatres(including amateur dramatics groups), martial arts, community arts centres, galleries, maritime museum, forests, walks, bike trails, golf courses(both cheap and expensive ones), nature reserves, falconry centre and probably a whole lot of other stuff too. that was just off the top of my head. i'm sure others could add to this list.

watch out for pedestrians crossing

a road into which you are turning.

If they have started to cross they

have priority' date=' so give way."[/quote']

i've lived by this rule for a long time, it fucking bugs me when people honk at me for crossing the road before they turned in. i also have constant arguments with the missus about this too, as she reckons we should move out of the way. she drives, i don't.

pedestrians get too hard a time i reckon and this is just common sense.

1. People who REEK of B.O, theres no need! unless your homeless everyone can have a shower/wash.

2. people who REEK of Piss. ^see above^

3. People who spray deodrant on the buss.

4. Roger the Doger

5. cheap battries

6. parents letting there kids SCREEEEEM on the bus as well as spit, shout and throw things

7. constant bus fare rises

8. bus/taxi drivers

9. snobby M&S shoppers

10. people who try to return worn undies

11. people playing music on there mobile phones on the bus, usually shitty dance music

12. constant fag price increases

13. cinema food

14. Emo Kids

15. Retro Rebels

16. people trying to ban air guns

17. People moaning about passive smoking

18. wasps

19. unoriginal reality TV shows

20. how everything right now revolves around england wining the world cup

People who actually think that M+S is proper upmarket shopping.

I'd like to mention that most girls are rubbish and i hate you. And most guys are dicks and i hate you.

No wonder im such a self loving' date=' arrogant cunt rag.[/quote']

Loffle!

BTW - If you shop at M&S you are officaily upper class !! That's the way it goes.

Girls who take the piss

I hate it when girls think they are god gift thus shouldn't EVER pay for drinks' date=' taxi's, clubs and naturally they should be offered a jacket to wear home if chilly (why would they actually bring a jacket themselves?). Idiots. I'd like to take a shovel to every tart I see wondering about like a fucking barbie doll. The men that indulge them also deserve a shovel for encouraging them.

;)[/quote']

Having only been chatted up once but one such woman (because Im not gods gift) She was chatting with me and couldnt stop running her hand through her hair i.e. look at me I have pretty have, Im so sexy, look at me everyone. I asked her if she had nits. *stunned silence, then she walked off in a huff*. Not my fault if she had to feel the need to run her hands through her hair every 10 seconds, it was verging on an affliction. Women who love themselves like that are usually uninspiring, dull and worthless beings.

Having only been chatted up once but one such woman (because Im not gods gift) She was chatting with me and couldnt stop running her hand through her hair i.e. look at me I have pretty have' date=' Im so sexy, look at me everyone. I asked her if she had nits. *stunned silence, then she walked off in a huff*. Not my fault if she had to feel the need to run her hands through her hair every 10 seconds, it was verging on an affliction. Women who love themselves like that are usually uninspiring, dull and worthless beings.[/quote']

umm. isn't playing with their hair an unconscious sign of attraction? it's one of those things you're supposed to look out for that I never notice...

Jeremy Kyles "brave kids special", just about to bite into a poppy seed bagel with cream cheese when two scary lookin little fuckers with a disease which causes them to shed theiir skin ever 2 weeks come up on the screen, apatite ruined, bagel gone cold, fucking cunts

Jeremy Kyles "brave kids special"' date=' just about to bite into a poppy seed bagel with cream cheese when two scary lookin little fuckers with a disease which causes them to shed theiir skin ever 2 weeks come up on the screen, apatite ruined, bagel gone cold, fucking cunts[/quote']

Lesson - Don't watch daytime tv.

There's a difference between playing with yourself and constantly grooming yourself.

It's like being chatted up by a guy who spends the majority of the time checking his hair in the mirror behind the bar - which I have experienced... funnily enough it went nowhere.

Pfft who needs hair!

Guest five years

1) nearly all the people that i ever served working in exodus.

2) the people that told said people to dress like that - mtv, alex zane, topman/topshop it's been covered.

3) getting woken up by my flatmates when they stumble in pissed because "it's funny" NEWSFLASH: it fucking ISN'T.

4) retarded as it sounds, this woman that gets my bus every morning as she's paid walks

up the aisle and looks for people she knows, i don't know why it annoys me but really does!

5) nearly all of big brother contestants

6) when people moan about englishness and english people.

7) pretty much all television programmes

8 ) a large amount of new music, why people give a shit and defend the vaccuousness of it.

9) elitist metal/hardcore fans.

10) shit metal/hardcore bands - normally consisting of 9).

Customers who use deodrant cans as testers when they clearly aren't- It's a damn annoyance because they already know what it smells like and forget to realise that people will be buying it.

New drivers that decide that now they can drive they don't need to walk to anywhere -even if it's just down the road to the shop- and become attached to their car.

1.Busses that never turn up at the right times.

2.Being late for work because a bus hasn't turned up on time even though I've left the house in more than good time to get the bus.

3.Having to write down every thing I do in a day at work down to the minute because of one day when a couple of people were having a laugh..This making a person who has never once been polite and even given eye contact to us, go and complain saying no one does any work around here(even though we were on our break)!

4.People who look at me like I'm crap and sit and "whisper" loudly because I'm not wearing the mini skirts they are and have an orange face!

5.My own forgetfullness really bugs me.

6.People who won't give a band/singer a chance because they will only listen to one genre of music.

7.Chain letters through email!!!(omg if u dnt rply 2 all ur matez u will die in 6 hrz!!!!)

8.People who get angry at everything you do, i.e My gran who shouted at my boyfriend who she just met because in her opinion he was using too much coffee in the mugs.

9.Old people who are so ignorant to anyone else around them(not all old people) and also little kids who have no mannors and swear at everyone.

10.Socks pulled up over trousers!