aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Lucifer

Re-discovering great bands.

Is there anything more satisfying? "On The Turn" by Kerbdog, "I Heard They Suck Live" by NOFX and Handsome's record are my current favourite forgotten gems.

So, anyone else found anything recently that they forgot was ace?

I'm fairly sure you stole two of those three offa my hard drive...

Anyhoo, Sepultura "Arise" and the Supersuckers "Evil Powers of Rock N Roll" have both made re-appearances. your mention of Kerbdog means I'm gonna have to listen to that again - fabulous record.....

The Kerbdog album is ace :) i love the song 'Severed', pity Wilt weren't as good :(

The Handsome record was good too, and i love everything by NOFX.

I've been listening to 'The More Things Change' by Machine Head a wee bit recently.

I'd remembered to download some Cro-Mags the other day, and that took me back, gotta love harley flanagan.

palladium.jpg

that's him, sitting with mick jones, when he was 12. (not mick, Harley, fooo!)

"I Heard They Suck Live" by NOFX is great. Beer Bong and Bob are probably my favourites.

Also rediscovered are

Therapy? - Semi Detached

Symposium- On the Outside, and Live on the BBC

WildHearts- Best Of...

Purple Munkie - Fisty EP

Beatles - Revolver / Hard Days Night

The Who - A quick One / Who Sing My Generation

Jimi Hendrix - Are you experienced / Axis Bold as Love

Yes - Yes / The Yes Album

The Prodigy - Experience / Music for the Jilted Generaton

Queen - Queen I / Sheer heart attack

Tea Party - Splendor Solis

Cream - Disraeli Gears

All great forgotten albums from my youth which I now own in smaller CD form :D

They've never completely drifted away from being a frequent listen for me, but somehow over the last few weeks 'Machine Head' have jetted to the top of my favourite bands list. :up:

Just can't get enough of them really! :rockon:

The Prodigy - Experience / Music for the Jilted Generaton

All great forgotten albums from my youth which I now own in smaller CD form :D

Im having a similar revival of those two. A sound thats still way ahead of its time.

Reminds me of feeling overly happy and de-hydrated in the Hoochi on Windmill Brae. Now Moshulu.

Im having a similar revival of those two. A sound thats still way ahead of its time.

Reminds me of feeling overly happy and de-hydrated in the Hoochi on Windmill Brae. Now Moshulu.

I really hated Experience at the time, probably due to the song "out of space"....but the rest of the album is amazing, and I agree, very ahead of its time if you consider the rest of what was happening in "rave" at the time (something I stayed well the fuck away from...) 'Horns of Jericho' sounds awesome through the moorings PA :D

Man in me avatar is a bit of a genius...even if he doesn't half like bragging about it aswell! :)

The Vandals - Look What I Almost Stepped In

Hundred Reasons - Ideas Above Our Station

Millencolin - Pennybridge Pioneers

Fenix TX - Lechuza

Lit - A Place In The Sun

They've all been storming my CD player lately, not that i've ever entirely lost interest in them, but listening to 'em again fairly takes me back a few years.

Millencolin - Pennybridge Pioneers

Another great album.

Thats made me remember Midtown- Save the world, lose the girl. Must look that out. Great live band, saw them in Kingtuts yyyeeeeeaaaarrrrrsss ago, the day before Jimmy Eat World at the QMU.

I really hated Experience at the time' date=' probably due to the song "out of space"....but the rest of the album is amazing, and I agree, very ahead of its time if you consider the rest of what was happening in "rave" at the time (something I stayed well the fuck away from...) 'Horns of Jericho' sounds awesome through the moorings PA :D

Man in me avatar is a bit of a genius...even if he doesn't half like bragging about it aswell! :)[/quote']

Aye I detested the rave scene too (very fake), but I loved the early Prodigy stuff cos theres something furiously demented about it, that just refuses to date.

He might be a genius but his bird is dork!

Good call on Pist.on. The second album '$ell out' was also a good 'un.

I'v recently been relistning to mad capsule markets, three fish, and custom. Last monday I looked out a whole pile of cd's that I had almost forgotten about, and pulled out loads of albums which I'm enjoying again.

mansun - six

fucking timeless, and an album that everytime you listen you hear somethign new

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hot snakes - automatic midnight

fuck me with a brick please

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oceansize -efflorescence

fucking masterpiece

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aereogramme - a story in white

• Upvote 1

Guest bluesxman
I really hated Experience at the time' date=' probably due to the song "out of space"....but the rest of the album is amazing, and I agree, very ahead of its time if you consider the rest of what was happening in "rave" at the time (something I stayed well the fuck away from...) 'Horns of Jericho' sounds awesome through the moorings PA :D

Man in me avatar is a bit of a genius...even if he doesn't half like bragging about it aswell! :)[/quote']

Out Of Space is a great tune! Charly was the real villain of the piece!