aberdeen-music

Which are the best Aberdeen Bands (in your opinion)

CAC

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh' date=' it's why we whore ourselves at every industry event we can.

My TOTP's claim to fame is that I have one of the exec producer's business cards... and yes he gave it to me willingly. :)

It is only a card though... in reality it means nothing.[/quote']

You can get them printed with all sorts of high funcy jobs a the train station for about 3 Well you usd to anyway... :love::D

I saw Hookers Green No.1 a few weeks back' date=' thought they were very good.[/quote']

They are a class act them :).

There is 5 great bands playing on the 2nd of December at Drummonds

Ruinous

My Downfall

The Extract

Your Own Disaster

Shmuk

Even if you decide you dont like them once your there its only a 2 entry :) so no worries.

Guest bluesxman
They are a class act them :).

There is 5 great bands playing on the 2nd of December at Drummonds

Ruinous

My Downfall

The Extract

Your Own Disaster

Shmuk

Even if you decide you dont like them once your there its only a 2 entry :) so no worries.

Looking at the band names i'm imagining a night of grunting metal type stuff? No knocking it, each to their own, but not my thing!

:rolleyes: With this information I could grow a beard and destroy dreams' date=' Jim.

Oh yes... and the musical velvet that is Staccato set.

I was trying to avoid listing every band I like but I fear I've started a domino type motion.[/quote']

Thought you had a beard already! :D

Staccato set are actually shite and the drummer is a big 'bald bonce nonce'

(See Events forum and 'coming soon' thread' for details of when you can make up your own mind about how rubbish they are!)

J

Ladytron? We were told that in regards to line-up there wouldn't be a problem with us playing... however Ladytron's equipment list was somewhere in the region of 3 A4 pages I believe... thus making it that basically no actual band could have supported them at tunnels.

Beastman got the support and had about 1 metre square to play in and had a game boy' date=' a box and some wires.

So... that had nothing to do with the quality of my band... more the practicalities... Ladytron don't share equipment and if you saw the amount of stuff they had on stage (4-7 synths... drum kit with numerous electronic booster thingies) 6 people and what I estimate as somewhere in the region of 150 leads (seemed like it anyway) plus their own lighting, a seperate sound-desk and also a desk which changed the lights (at least I believe that's what it did).

No band could have fitted on that stage and done a change-over in less than 40 minutes I reckon.

So no... it wasn't blunt in the slightest, it was completely understandable. Was an awesome gig too. :)[/quote']

It was a great gig indeed but theres nothing worse than playing in a square metre of stage!! It compromises your performance and you end up looking like a dick!! Especially if you bang into shit!!! You could of maybe done without the Gameboy as they take up a bit too much space and im sure Ladytron sacrificed their PSP's for stage space haha!!

Ladytron? We were told that in regards to line-up there wouldn't be a problem with us playing... however Ladytron's equipment list was somewhere in the region of 3 A4 pages I believe... thus making it that basically no actual band could have supported them at tunnels.

Beastman got the support and had about 1 metre square to play in and had a game boy' date=' a box and some wires.

So... that had nothing to do with the quality of my band... more the practicalities... Ladytron don't share equipment and if you saw the amount of stuff they had on stage (4-7 synths... drum kit with numerous electronic booster thingies) 6 people and what I estimate as somewhere in the region of 150 leads (seemed like it anyway) plus their own lighting, a seperate sound-desk and also a desk which changed the lights (at least I believe that's what it did).

No band could have fitted on that stage and done a change-over in less than 40 minutes I reckon.

So no... it wasn't blunt in the slightest, it was completely understandable. Was an awesome gig too. :)[/quote']

and despite all that, Beastman was was much better than Ladytron whoi are just not as good as they were a few years ago imo

less is more etc