aberdeen-music

Films you just dont understand

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

I realised that I still can't get my head round the Back to the Future movies at all. All those doc's leaving and suddenly re-appearing again. I think its a mix of all the crap he spews about modulator regulators and michael J Fox continually shouting to him "I have to tell you about the future".

Anyone have a film thats pretty simple to follow but substantially more cryptic when you bring into account what the fuck that is actually happening?

Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind is pretty close too but its more just a movie about headfuck anyway

Young Adam. Not so much that I didnt 'get' it...more like I couldn't understand why nothing really happened in it. Pi is another one, although I quite enjoyed it. There's a lot of films I quite like but don't really get; American Psycho, The Shining, Space Odyssey...etc.

It's called 'Abre Sus Ojos' and is an incredible film.Vanilla Sky is an ok remake of it' date='but tried too hard I guess.

As for the question,pulp fiction confused me the first time I saw it but I can't think of any others[/quote']

Abre Los Ojos.

Open Your Eyes.

And it's the best.

I'm surprised people struggled to follow Vanilla Sky. It explains everything very clearly...

Any Lynch title is pretty difficult to understand, but I don't think his titles are about following a storyline as such. You gotta pick out the symbolisms and parallels with our world that he's trying to make.

Check out David Lynch's "The Grandmother" - one of my favourite Lynch movies.