aberdeen-music

Pet hates

Lemonade

I honestly can't remember. I found the leaflet the other day and lost it' date=' but it was quite a strange one. You'd be surprised though about how many christians and catholics do feel so against spiritualism and magick. . .

Reading this thread though, the people of Aberdeen do seem to be a pretty intolerant bunch :nono:[/quote']

Being Catholic myself there's nothing you could tell me about catholicism that would suprise. What would suprise me though is the ridiculous misconceptions people have. And what exactly do you mean by "spiritualism and magic"? I think you'll find spiritualism at the root of any religion.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pet hates (not including major things that go without saying i.e racism, ignorance).

1. People walking into rooms and standing about they should either sit down or do whatever they want to do and get out.

2. People that leave doors open when they walk into a room (especially if its warm)

3. People who vomit on dancefloors

4. Sunday drivers

5. European Adverts

6. Dirt on the floor when im getting out of the shower

7. People ho are TOO enthusiastic or happy, it just freaks me out a little bit especially in shops and stuff

8. Bullshiters

9. People who don't get to the point when they are telling you something

10. People obsessed with trying to change you

11. Toffs (especially toff skiers)

stupid bints i hated in school who have developed a bunny-boiler crush on my boyf and DONT GET THE HINT!

tall people who shove past me during gigs, im little and easily squashed and I didn't queue to get to the near-front for ages just for you to take my "space"!

14-year old "goths" who have ONE purple/lace/stripe outfit they wear religiously because its alternative, and only listen to slipknot - and only know one song (wait and bleed normally).

people who laugh at my dress sense then I see them wearing something similar not long after (my god school was hell...teuchters just have no idea)

those daft cows who do the "ooh ooh" sound during some crappy dance music and raise their hands in the air

old people who dont talk loud enough then get angry at you when you ask them to repeat what theyve said

old people who phone in an order to my work and then get angry when their helper has taken an alternative and I get blamed

people thinking that I'm automatically a dyke because I listen to something other than westlife and girls aloud

people who pick up my bag thats on the seat next to me on the bus and move it onto my lap, even though there are plenty of seats at the front of the bus - I LIKE TO SIT ALONE

hardcore dancers - anyone got a shotgun i can borrow? lets see the buggers wave their arms then!

Being Catholic myself there's nothing you could tell me about catholicism that would suprise. What would suprise me though is the ridiculous misconceptions people have. And what exactly do you mean by "spiritualism and magic"? I think you'll find spiritualism at the root of any religion.

Spiritualism is a religion on its own. I found this definition of a spiritualist.

A SPIRITUALIST is one who believes in the ability to establish Spirit Communication between the two worlds and who endeavors to mould his or her character and conduct of life in accordance with the highest teachings received by this means.

Of course theres a lot more to it than just that.

Spiritualism is a religion on its own. I found this definition of a spiritualist.

A SPIRITUALIST is one who believes in the ability to establish Spirit Communication between the two worlds and who endeavors to mould his or her character and conduct of life in accordance with the highest teachings received by this means.

I know that but there is a plain english meaning of spiritualism too. I find it a bit audacious that any one religion would call itself "Spiritualism".

really? heroin? crack cocaine? They're worth the danger because of the fun are they?

As we can see from the fun x danger chart, we can ascertain that drugs are not worth the fun.

I wish I could be bothered making a fun x danger chart, it would have made this post far more interesting.

or at the root of most cults. In the US where I hail from, spiritualist are known as cranks.

I personally don't believe anyone can communicate from our world to another, but like watching them try.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jake Wifebeater
2- Faux lesbians/bi-sexuals. I don't care who you are' date=' don't make a statement about your sexuality until you know for sure. I can count at least 5 girls I know who refer to themselves as bisexual for the sole reason that they think Angelina Jolie (etc) is sexy. That's not bi-sexual. When you've had relationships with men and women, then fine. But if you've only been with men and only had a drunken kiss with your best friend, nuh uh. Please don't.[/quote']

Utter poetry. In fact, it transcends poetry and is acquiring a status akin to Homeric verse. Sticking a vibrator up your mate's arsehole in the middle of the Moshulu dancefloor doesn't make you bisexual, it makes you a vapid, vacuous attention-seeking bint who elicits a reaction resembling pity as opposed to the "sensation" you were under the misapprehension you were creating. Please, please, and pretty please with a cherry on the fucking top, just shut the fuck up and fuck the fuck off. Nobody cares.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
And to be totally un p.c' date=' fat people annoy the fuck out of me, especially ones who say it's not their fault that they are fat.[/quote']

Yet more magnificence. In a world where there's people starving, it's just obscene.

"It's not water retention

It's not a slow metabolism

It's not being big-boned

It's being fucking greedy".

Spike - "land of the fat".

They've now invented an implant that sends a signal to the brain, telling people that they're full up when they aren't. Great, just great. Now you have even less incentive to take responsibility for the actions you choose to take. Oh, sorry, I didn't realise you had a "glandular problem".

Disclaimer: There is the odd case where such excuses are genuine, but it's fair to say it's as rare as hen's teeth.

What I'm hating at the moment, is that no matter how much you wanted to go to a festival, went on ebay and everything...

It turns out that one of your friends who hasn't even fucking heard of the prodigy or james brown somehow blaggs cheapo tickets off a friend who said she hadn't any.

So now, while I sit moaning, they're having the times of their lives.

SO what the fucking motherfucking fuck.

I won't even want to go next year because everyone will be like 'been there, done that'. Oh piss off.

Guest haigyman
What I'm hating at the moment' date=' is that no matter how much you wanted to go to a festival, went on ebay and everything...

It turns out that one of your friends who hasn't even fucking heard of the prodigy or james brown somehow blaggs cheapo tickets off a friend who said she hadn't any.

So now, while I sit moaning, they're having the times of their lives.

SO what the fucking motherfucking fuck.

I won't even want to go next year because everyone will be like 'been there, done that'. Oh piss off.[/quote']

oh come ON, if you REALLY wanted to go THAT badly you'd have either got tickets when they first came out or managed to get them somehow.

bugs the crap out of me when i tell someone i'm going to a gig and they say "oh you're so lucky!"

luck has very little to do with it, i saved up my pennies, bought my ticket, booked my transport and now i'm going. it's not like i just sit around and hope that somehow my gig-going will be organised for me.

Still... it's my pet hate of people who go to gigs either disliking the band or genre of music and do one of the following:

1. Grump all evening but then say how ace it was later.

2. Have an ace time but then grump about it later.

So I hope at least somone is singing along this evening at T. I think James Brown hits stage in around five minutes...

oh come ON' date=' if you REALLY wanted to go THAT badly you'd have either got tickets when they first came out or managed to get them somehow.

bugs the crap out of me when i tell someone i'm going to a gig and they say "oh you're so lucky!"

luck has very little to do with it, i saved up my pennies, bought my ticket, booked my transport and now i'm going. it's not like i just sit around and hope that somehow my gig-going will be organised for me.[/font']

Aye! I've not missed out on the chance to go to any gig that I REALLY wanted to go to for about a year, because I've made sure I'm signed up to the mailing lists of my favourite bands to ensure "pre-sale tickets" access, and also I make sure I'm on the internet the SECOND the tickets are being sold. And if I can't get anyone else to go with me, I just fucking go by myself.

However, I still think ticket touts are utter, UTTER cunts.

Still... it's my pet hate of people who go to gigs either disliking the band or genre of music and do one of the following:

1. Grump all evening but then say how ace it was later.

2. Have an ace time but then grump about it later.

So I hope at least somone is singing along this evening at T. I think James Brown hits stage in around five minutes...

When did T In The Park become a three day festival?

My BIG hate of the moment, and I think someone has mentioned this earlier, are those absolute bastards from Shelter who stop you in the street. Today I got appraoched 3 times just walking between from Virgin on Union Street to the Holburn Junction.

The first time, I was just walking up Union Street, minding my own business, enjoying the sunshine and the calmness, and this guy from Shelter pops out and says "Excuse me mate, do you have a minute to talk to me?". I was perfectly civil and polite and said "Sorry mate I don't have time to stop I've got to be somewhere", no dirty look, no malice, no anything I just wanted to get to where I was going, and politely, politely informed him of so. I even smiled apologetically. And the cunt yells from behind me "Oh right I've bet you've never been homeless have you?". Motherfucker tries to put a guilt trip on me for no reason other than that I didn't stop so he could ask me for money. That was an "Elwood tries and somehow manages to bite his tongue" moment. Cheeky bastard! A) I am perfectly within my rights not to stop and talk to you, for all you know I give money to every charity in Britain and already give to Shelter. B) My living arrangements are none of your business, whether I stay in a penthouse or on a park bench.

Because of this idiot, I was an absolute cunt to the next two who asked me to stop - which I kind of feel guilty about now but I was in a good mood and that first guy just got me riled up.

Elwood (for the record I've never been homeless)

ok so i have a few more.. yeay

1. when you are out having fun in a club, and someone glares at me for the fact that i am enjoying myself, i hate it, and its unnecessary, and it then puts ME in a foul mood (not always, just last night)

2. when i am in a foul mood, and someone is looking too happy.

3. vicious cycles.

4. dogs that try to bit your ankles when you are cycling in a park.

5. people who don't control their animals.

6. people who act like animals.

7. actors that can't act.

8. really bright white teeth, it's horrible, it's not natural, and it makes you look like a prick.

9. pritt stick, why does it always gloop SO much when all you want is just a little line of glue..

10. glue, i prefer sellotape

11. when sellotape folds over and sticks to itself.

12. when people tell me that someone i was in love with was ugly, or too skinny.. and then they believe that they ' hate shallow people'. take a look in the mirror, i think you'll find a hypocrit staring back.

13. people who think im thick/stupid/silly/wrapped up in cotton wool. don't talk to me, you don't know my life story, i don't want to tell it to you, but you have no right to think im feeling'less' just because i appear to brush things off easily..

14. feeling weak, i hate when people make me feel weak. i like to be an emotionally strong person. i should just be a brick. build a house with me, and then pee on me.

15. when my mum calls from the airport, and in the background my big strong dad says 'tell my lovely daughter that her daddy loves her'.. he made me feel weak.

16. when people call me evil, i am not evil, not in the slightest, i don't have a bad bone in my body, i would never hurt anyone, and i would never intentionally do wrong.

17. people who stare, it's rude.

18. shitty saturday tele

19. people who say 'turn those lights off when you're not in the room, think of the starving africans!' or 'finish your meal, think of the starving africans!'.. ok i dont really understand this concept of a guilt trip.. if i don't turn my lights off, will a starving african not get fed? and if i don't finish my meal, a starving african might talk behind my back and call me a selfish bitch? maybe every meal i don't finish could get packed off and sent to africa, or maybe someone could stop making my food portions sooo fucking large..

20. people who flash their cash. well done.

21. when my soft toys come alive when i sleep

22. people who don't understand that i actually quite like conversing with animals, maybe it's because you've got nae chat, and i find talking to a non-talking animal quite a break.

23. people who have no banter.

24. oh my god, namely bampots who overhear someone saying my name in a pub, usually triple kirks, which then follows on to a load of extremely funny ways and saying of using my name in a sentence. congratulations, like i've never heard that before, you make me laugh so much i may wet my panties, go sing 'laura' to laura and leave my name alone.

25. people who sniff really loudly, blow your feckin nose.

26. people who sneeze/cough/yawn without covering their mouth

i apologise, but i really needed to let off some steam.

17. people who stare, it's rude. - i hate that too, makes you feel paranoid you have something on your face etc

22. people who don't understand that i actually quite like conversing with animals, maybe it's because you've got nae chat, and i find talking to a non-talking animal quite a break. - animals are great to talk to, get more sense out of them than some people!!!

25. people who sniff really loudly, blow your feckin nose. - untitles does that. its soooo annoying!

Havent seen him for a while but remember that dude that use to stand near the lion statue on schoolhill with all the army gear on spouting political bollocks......i hate him.

And that guy from the Word of Life church who was outside M&S with his microphone yelling about jesus. I hate him and jesus.

That weird gypsy woman who tries to sell you bits of heather she has just pinched from the duthie park.

Those people who sit round the back of the statue on the corner of union st. and rosemount because they know the CCTV cant see them and drink buckfast and Tennents Super at 7am.

The Homeless....not the real homeless but the ones who get taxis to there pitch and sit there under a perfectly clean laundered blanket pretending to have no money but you can plainly see that they have just had there hair done and you know it cost a bomb.