aberdeen-music

Pet hates

Lemonade

1- Being told to cheer up by some old guy at work. I resent it beyond words. I'm at work you fuck. I'm serving you and your sleazy drunken friends and I'm not even getting a 'thank you' when I hand you your pint. Telling me to cheer up is a sure fire way to getting a withering look which will remind you exactly how little you mean to me. And maybe your pint in your crotch. And guess what? I won't apologise.

2- Faux lesbians/bi-sexuals. I don't care who you are, don't make a statement about your sexuality until you know for sure. I can count at least 5 girls I know who refer to themselves as bisexual for the sole reason that they think Angelina Jolie (etc) is sexy. That's not bi-sexual. When you've had relationships with men and women, then fine. But if you've only been with men and only had a drunken kiss with your best friend, nuh uh. Please don't.

3- Scene kids. I'm fed up with people name dropping because they know someone in a band. Wow, you do? Shit, I work with about 5 people who are in bands but it doesn't make me any cooler. The actual folk in the bands are normally fine, it's all their little groupies that follow them around and try and ride on the back of their popularity that annoys me.

4- Making up after an arguement and being told it's ok, that you guys are fine now...and then to have them bring it up every time they get pissy again. NO! You forgave me, remember, that does not translate as meaning 'feel free to throw it back in my face whenever you want'. Also when people who had nothing to do with a disagreement try and step in on the other persons behalf. And even when the fight is over and you've made up, to that other person you are always going to be 'that bitch who stirs up trouble'.

5- General incompetance. Why is it that some people are just born without common sense?

6- Obnoxious old people. There's a woman who comes into the Lemon Tree every friday lunch time and sits at a particular table. If it hasn't been booked for her she gets ridiculously annoyed if someone else is there. One day, when someone was at 'her' table she sat there with him. Then all her cronies arrived and crowded him out. This poor guy (who was slightly mentally handicapped) ended up having to move because she and about 5 other folk appeared on HIS table. She's a bitch.

7- Getting lewd comments from wankers driving passed me. You're fine from the safety of your moving vehicle but there's no way you'd say that if you were walking past me.

I should stop now, I'm getting a bit pissed off. There are many more. Unfortunately I'm a rather angry person.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a few of mine:

1. People who tell you 'they know how you feel' when you just want a quick moan.

2. When you go to see your favourite band and the people in the crowd behind you deliberately pull your hair EVEN though you tie it up out of consideration for them (and to preserve the skin on your scalp).Is there something wrong with having long hair?

3. Also all those tall people who congregate at the front wrecking the view for short asses like me. :(

4. People who moan they are always bored (they make me bored.)

5. Partners who aren't straight with me. :nono:

6. People who ALWAYS have to be right! Get a fucking grip you can't always be right.

7. Arrogance and pretentiousness...

8. Those groups that harrass you in the street for money and want you to sign up to give money to some 'blind people somewhere'. I'd choose when to help.

9. So called 'Friends' who deliberately sleep with guys you want because they are jealous or something.

1- Being told to cheer up by some old guy at work. I resent it beyond words. I'm at work you fuck. I'm serving you and your sleazy drunken friends and I'm not even getting a 'thank you' when I hand you your pint. Telling me to cheer up is a sure fire way to getting a withering look which will remind you exactly how little you mean to me. And maybe your pint in your crotch. And guess what? I won't apologise.

10. I also resent the People who say 'it's not that bad' and 'smile' I want to punch them every time..... :( I have a right to smile when I want.

11. People who won't stop talking to you (when you're in a bad mood ) even when you say 'stop speaking to me because you're making me want to punch your face in'. :swearing: There's just some people in the world I NEVER want to associate in ANY way EVER. Unfortunately you can't escpae when you're working with them....

12. People who love the sound of their own voices too much.

13. Indecisive people who can never make up their mind what the want to do (I admit that has happened to me but I usually come up with something.... You don't always have to do things that involve spending money or drinking!)

14. People who can't live without a partner. You should be able to be strong and single and independent sometimes and never NEED anyone except yourself.

(This thread makes me feel violent....I love this thread)

Cat xx

I will definitely think of more' date=' much kudos to the genius who thought up this thread.

Mike[/quote']

I am glad someone else has finally realised I am a genius.

Here's more of mine:

people who wear Ramones / Led Zep T-shirts because they are cool and you can buy them in Top Shop or River Island, yet they couldn't name a single song by Led Zep or the Ramones.

People who think that 'darkie' isn't a racist word.

People who say "I am going for a Chinky" - I'm sure they wouldn't say this to the Chinese person in the restaurant, so why is it OK to say it to me?

The ridiculously overcrowded taxi ranks in Aberdeen on a Saturday night. I can walk home to Garthdee in 45 minutes and it takes me longer than that to stand waiting for a fucking taxi.

People who don't charge their mobile till the battery has run out.

The fact that I can't spell the word embarresed. Ever.

Tabloids.

People trying to force their religious beliefs on me. "You're going to burn in hell if you carry on like this!" they say. Tell you what, I'll take my fucking chances rather than waste my entire life denying myself all the good stuff.

People who tell me "Wrestling is fake". I've watched wrestling for 15 years. I know it's fake. It doesn't mean I still can't enjoy it, dick-face.

Scottish people who roar and swear alliegance to Scotland till they are blue in the face but wont admit to being British, although in every legal document and on their passport it clearly states British. Scottish national pride is my pet hate. I get loads of shit because despite being of 100% Scottish birth, bloodline and upbringing, I prefer to call myself British rather than Scottish. This is my fucking choice and it'll fucking well stay that way. Getting called an English bastard for having a Union Jack on my bedroom wall. Problems:

A- that's a British flag, not an English flag

B- Calling someone English isn't an insult.

C- I'm not English.

I think I just touched a nerve. I'm going to lie down....

Oh also Americans who think that the UK consists of England and nothing else. That really fucks me off. "You're from the UK? Which part? Scotland? But I thought you said you were from the UK?"

Hello? UNITED Kingdom? As far as I was aware there has to be more that one country involved before it can be called United, correct? Surely a union is more that one.

People who don't eat McDonalds because they are anti-American / anti-capatalist / anti-everything. I just don't eat McDonalds because the food tastes like luke-warm vomit.

People trying to force their religious beliefs on me. "You're going to burn in hell if you carry on like this!" they say. Tell you what' date=' I'll take my fucking chances rather than waste my entire life denying myself all the good stuff.

[/quote']

I hate Brendan. He was an agency porter sent to work with me. He took in leaflets with pictures of dead babies and religious messages telling me that jesus loves me.

Well sorry dude im pro-choice and if jesus loves me that much he can suck my dick.

Drunk guests who disturb my skiving at work. Trying to watch a Ric Flair DVD last night and they wont leave me alone.

Guests who walk in look at the bar notice the wet floor signs, notice the lights are off and the shutters are down then turn to me and say "Is the bar closed?"

WHAT DO YOU THINK BRAINIAC!!!!

My Girlfriend (sometimes)

Alcohol...how can it make you feel so good one minute and so shitty the next.

People who think that just because you wear a shirt and tie and work in an office that you dont work as hard as them because they work with there hands.

Wankers who go to the gym and stay for a shitty little 20 minute work out once a month and look great whereas i go in for 2 hours 3 times a week and look shit. (this is why i gave up and now look even more shit)

Fat people who tell you that they are happy being fat...Liars

The woman in the insurance advert who says "Babble you with science" Its Baffle you stupid bitch!!!

Barbera Windsor Die Bitch Die

Doctor Who

Wesley Crusher from Star Trek The Next Generation....such a pussy

The Wonder Years

People who dont like Star Wars

Fake Tramps who pretend to be homeless but get taxis to the places they sit and beg.

That stupid stripy hair thing that women are doing now

Insomnia

Buying an album for a new band that you had heard a couple of songs and liked them enough to buy it only to find out that the other 12 tracks are complete piss

Learning 3 chords, learning a new one and instantly forgetting the first one. I suck. Think im gonna take up dominos instead.

The fact that every channel has its adverts at the same time now. I preferred it in the good old days when you could have a swift look at other programmes. Now all i get is a swift look at various adverts. Thats not cool!!

People who think im gay because i occasionally wear nail varnish. I just like it!

Corned Beef

The Simpsons.....i never thought i would hate them but here we are.

Tap Water

Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Hulk Hogan

neds at my school.

when people let their mobile ring and ring and ring in a public place without answering them, especially if it's dance music or the crazy frog.

abi titmuss.

guano.

the dog down my lane that barks non stop.

darren, the freaky kid who stalks people at my school. I HATE HIM SO MUCH! He threw a pie at my friends head. he sang the 118 advert song to me in the street. he stalks people. and i really, REALLY hate him.

1. People who know fuck all about religion and claim it doesn't effect their lives but think they know enough to make all kinds of ill informed and absurd accusations to people who are religious and who moan about people always telling them they will "burn in hell" etc. because this probably hasn't actually happened to them and if they don't care about religion they surely can get over it no problem.

2. Narrow minded liberals who think that liberalism is doing whatever you want regardless of the consequences.

3. Anarchists who think they can make a difference by smashing stuff.

4. People who continually whine about whiney emo bands. They are no better themselves.

5. People who urinate on war memorials but justify it on the basis that urinating is "natural".

6. People who who hate things for being too mainstream or populist and rate anything that is considered "underground" or alternative.

7. People who are easily led.

8. Kooky people who are so wacky and random and who chunter on about ninjas and pirates.

9. People who equate "edginess" with distortion pedals.

10. Possible conquests who go and ruin it by asking your age!

Aha, I've thought of more. Glory be.

10 - Bus drivers, in general. I get on a bus outside King Street Exchange. I want to go to Union Street. I don't use the buses very often, so when I do I don't know how much it's going to cost. I get on the bus, and there's some fat, bitter old fuck glaring at me, sat on his fat arse in the driver's seat. I ask him how much it costs. He tuts, and wheezes "1.20, and it has been for five months now". You give him 2 because you've no other change - you don't get any change. I don't see why you should have to have the correct change. You're the fucking customer, you shouldn't have to find change to get a service your already being over-charged for!

11- People smoking my fags. What I mean here is people that complain whenever you light up during the day or in your living room or whatever. Then you go out on the town, they've had a few drinks and all of a sudden its, "Oh give us a fag". Because they want to look cool/fashionable/sexy/whatever. Buy your own fucking fags, or make your mind up; you either smoke, or you don't.

12 - People that talk about how much they've drunk the night before. Every single weekend without fail, I get up, go into my living room and my two flatmates are sitting in the frontroom saying "Man, I was so wasted last night, I drank 12 pints and 4 vodkas". I don't mind recalling the fact they were wasted; it's whenever they feel the need to talk about how much they drank. The macho attitudes associated with drinking loads fuck me off. Yes, drink loads. Yes, get pissed. Most of all, have a great time. But under no fucking circumstances tell me how much you drank, unless you want this wine bottle shoved where the sun don't shine.

13 - Birds who ask you if you think they're fat.

14 - The wind. Yes, that sounds ridiculous, but this is one type of weather which I have never understood the need for. Unless you are a fan of either sailing or flying a kite, its totally fucking useless. Whenever I'm on my bike and I'm cycling into the wind, I can feel myself ageing. That's how much I hate it.

I will be back again. Elwood dude, I love you.

Mike

Guest haigyman
12 - People that talk about how much they've drunk the night before. Every single weekend without fail' date=' I get up, go into my living room and my two flatmates are sitting in the frontroom saying "Man, I was so wasted last night, I drank 12 pints and 4 vodkas". I don't mind recalling the fact they were wasted; it's whenever they feel the need to talk about how much they drank. The macho attitudes associated with drinking loads fuck me off. Yes, drink loads. Yes, get pissed. Most of all, have a great time. But under no fucking circumstances tell me how much you drank, unless you want this wine bottle shoved where the sun don't shine.[/quote']

this is even worse when they don't ACTUALLY get drunk. i mean, getting drunk is not anything to be proud of, let alone to be worth lying about.

People who say to me the day after a night out "Wow, you were pretty drunk last night." Yeah, that was the fucking point, didn't you see mine drinking all that alcohol?

And to be totally un p.c, fat people annoy the fuck out of me, especially ones who say it's not their fault that they are fat.

Old people in those buggies tearing down george st anger up my blood no end.

1. People who know fuck all about religion and claim it doesn't effect their lives but think they know enough to make all kinds of ill informed and absurd accusations to people who are religious and who moan about people always telling them they will "burn in hell" etc. because this probably hasn't actually happened to them and if they don't care about religion they surely can get over it no problem.

It did happen to me once. Then again im sure that fucking nutcase had every right to scream at me in the middle of a busy shopping area for wearing my ozzfest 2002 t-shirt...prick

But I also agree with Mr Jazz mostly as there are far too many posts with nonsense facts about religion that these people either made up in their heads or were told by their reliable mate Davey.

another thing i hate. the elephant.co.uk adverts.

"oh, what, the elephants directing now?"

shut up you stupid twat! gah! i hope a million elephants stampede on your company and burn the elephant costume because of it's sheer stupidity.

"i want cheaper car insurance"

"so there you have it, elephant dot co dot uk!"

grrrr...

But Hogan is a legend and Hacksaw Jim Duggan...beats people up.

Hogan does maybe 3 moves in a match ..if your lucky and is probably the most boring wrestler i have ever seen. Legend...No Lucky to be in the right place at the right time....Yes

I hate Hacksaw coz of a match i saw him in in WCW.e ran down to the ring with his 2X4 and started laying people out. He then had to stop and bend his FOAM RUBBER 2X4 back into shape because it had bent. Oh and he has no gimmick other than he is american. Woopdeedoo

Ultimate Warrior is shit too. Apparently "Queering dont make the world work". Yeah well neither does your shit shaking the rope thing. Running to the ring isnt exciting and the big splash is only an impressive move if the person doing it is like 300 pounds+.

Hogan does maybe 3 moves in a match ..if your lucky and is probably the most boring wrestler i have ever seen. Legend...No Lucky to be in the right place at the right time....Yes

I hate Hacksaw coz of a match i saw him in in WCW.e ran down to the ring with his 2X4 and started laying people out. He then had to stop and bend his FOAM RUBBER 2X4 back into shape because it had bent. Oh and he has no gimmick other than he is american. Woopdeedoo

Ultimate Warrior is shit too. Apparently "Queering dont make the world work". Yeah well neither does your shit shaking the rope thing. Running to the ring isnt exciting and the big splash is only an impressive move if the person doing it is like 300 pounds+.

Yeah but almost every wrestler at that time was just some middle-aged guy in tights doing cheesy things in the ring for peoples' entertainment. Gone are the days when matches were decided by terrifying moves such as the dreaded scoop slam.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Man -bags. What prick designed this? What exactly do men have enough of to actually warrant one of these. I have change' date=' a wallet, a phone, an Ipod and a pass for my work... MAX! What more do you carry with you? You're a posing cunt, just admit it because we all already know it.

[/quote']

I keep books/magazines and a jumper in mine too. Mine has a purpose

What sepcific denomination were they? I can't imagine any christians actually saying that apart from maybe older people.

I honestly can't remember. I found the leaflet the other day and lost it, but it was quite a strange one. You'd be surprised though about how many christians and catholics do feel so against spiritualism and magick. . .

Reading this thread though, the people of Aberdeen do seem to be a pretty intolerant bunch :nono:

Guest haigyman

me and my friends bought wrestlemania 1 for 1 today

muhammad ali guest refereeing in a classic match: hogan + mr t VS. roddy piper + mr wonderful.