aberdeen-music

Worst job ever

Birdman

I wonder if there would be a worse job on this blessed earth than that of Alarm Cock tester. Imagine being surrounded by that disturbing, cringing alarm tone we all know and hate, for 9 hours a day.

There probably isn't such a job because of the clear mental implications it would invariably cause but can you think of a more demoralising and suicidally driven job?

(Not Birdman)

p.s because I can't

I win worst job ever...

For six months I spent every day putting polystyrene boxes into bags and taping them shut. I actually quite enjoyed this after a while, I work 300 times faster than anyone else, and the days went by really quick...never got a bit of hassle, and the money was ok for doing something a trained chimp could do. Happy days!

I soon became surplus to the companies requirement so found myself out of work for a while, but got a phone call a few months after to come back. Was getting really forward to it, easy life....although I had changed role!!

My new job was not to put the boxes into bags, but to print designs on them. So my day consisted of fetching 50 boxes at a time on 'barra' then manually forcing each one down a carousel and through two rolling drums with a load of deadly mechanical tapers and shit threatening to chop off my fingers each time. That went on for 6 months before I had lost 75% of my intelligence, lost the rag with the fat bastard who I worked with who had done the job for 10 years (thus losing 1500% of his intelligence, and he obviously had none in the first place..) so I left a huge backlog of work to build up, and walked out whilst he went to stuff his face on 5 cream buns for breakfast. I hear he went absolutely fucking mental when he got back, just wish I could have been there to see him shit his pants when he realised how much work he would have to do himself :D:D

I then decided to concentrate on inept 303 full time...that paid off :laughing::laughing:;(

working at sainsburys was soul destroying.

Sitting on a checkout for 8 hours a day, attempting a smile at customers, constantly asking "do you have a nectar card" "Are you saving your rewards" "would you like cashback".

Then being threatened with the boot because i was looking too miserable at the checkout.

That was pretty soul destroying

working at sainsburys was soul destroying.

Sitting on a checkout for 8 hours a day' date=' attempting a smile at customers, constantly asking "do you have a nectar card" "Are you saving your rewards" "would you like cashback".

[/quote']

i know how you feel i myself have the unfortunate job of working on a checkout

i can imagine cleaning up union street on a sat/sun morning would be a bad job

the cleaners on sauchiehall street on friday and saturday nights have it worse than that. they roll about it their mini hoover van and all around, neds kick the shit out of each other and the people of glasgow ensure that they're maximising the amount of rubbish that goes on the street!!

they go up and down all night, making no imact on the mess whatsoever.

spoons

/x

i know how you feel i myself have the unfortunate job of working on a checkout

I'm sure that IS pretty boring... but it's so much worse stacking shelves! I mean.. having to actually lift stuff and carry it and all that.. but more annoyingly' date=' [i']constantly having to move out of people's way when they want and them not moving out of the way when you want. And I'm not old enough to work in the alcohol section which is the only place the hotties actually go, so I never even get a distraction like that - only old ladies wanting to know whether we have any more carpet cleaner. Superlame.

I'm sure that IS pretty boring... but it's so much worse stacking shelves! I mean.. having to actually lift stuff and carry it and all that.. but more annoyingly' date=' [i']constantly having to move out of people's way when they want and them not moving out of the way when you want. And I'm not old enough to work in the alcohol section which is the only place the hotties actually go, so I never even get a distraction like that - only old ladies wanting to know whether we have any more carpet cleaner. Superlame.

No chance!

On my last day at sainsburys they didnt let me on checkouts (they dont trust you! haha) - So i had the best day i had ever had there, stacking shelves! Almost made me want to stay (although the reason i was leaving was they wouldnt let me do another job there)

Either way, me and another dude had to cope with putting new cartons of milk on the shelves, and about 6 boxes of the things were defective, as in, when you picked them up, they fell apart in your hands. It was a great laugh, to be honest...

At least stacking shelves you can chat to your workmates, or sneak off to the store for a quick skive!

My paperboy job on a Sunday was shit. 3 for a 2 hour paper round. What a fucking joke.

Heh, i did the green final paperround

1 hour on a saturday night, 18 papers, usually made about 20 quid. With that paper, folks payed me each week, and i sent some money away to Aberdeen Journals. The good bit was that most folks couldnt be arsed getting 30p, and just gave me a quid. :D

Heh' date=' i did the green final paperround

1 hour on a saturday night, 18 papers, usually made about 20 quid. With that paper, folks payed me each week, and i sent some money away to Aberdeen Journals. The good bit was that most folks couldnt be arsed getting 30p, and just gave me a quid. :D[/quote']

I can think of worse things like working with you :finger::cheers: Roflmao Tse Tung!