aberdeen-music

They made us laugh, they made us cry and they made us think

Birdman

I don't think many films have done that to me, although Lost In Translation had quite a profound effect on me, for reasons which escape me.

However, I am soon going to attempt to achieve the feat of watching the extended version of the Lord of the Rings trilogy back to back, possibly at some point during the holiday season between Xmas Day and New Year's Eve. Around 12 solid hours of viewing, starting at lunchtime and finishing at midnight. Sheer endurance, but I hope to emerge a better man.

However' date=' I am soon going to attempt to achieve the feat of watching the extended version of the Lord of the Rings trilogy back to back, possibly at some point during the holiday season between Xmas Day and New Year's Eve. Around 12 solid hours of viewing, starting at lunchtime and finishing at midnight. Sheer endurance, but I hope to emerge a better man.[/quote']

ive watched the first 2 films extended and the cinematic edition of return of the king back to back..that was ace but im going to do all 3 extended as well...gonna be good.

The Back of the Y Hollywood Special got me

Spanners getting his backpack nicked by the scouts, Randy's ensuing broken leg and jail sentence then getting sent to Guantanamo Bay Cuba.

(Not Birdman) - Because I'm not.

I couldn't possibly reveal my real name. I slept with the administrators girlfriend and he blamed me for the rashes she got.

I have tried a few times but I keep getting the rejected.

I've tried Jockeysnogger & more recently TheVaselineWarrior but I've run out of personal e-mail addresses. I'd appreciate if there was a reason but unfortunately the automated message just says Sorry - such and such unknown problem encountered. Not much to work on really.

So anyway, I always use (Not birdman ) afterwards to avoid confusion.

p.s Any administrators who could give me JockeySnogger, I would be grateful

(not Birdman)

Donnie Darko' date=' American History X[/quote']

I was going to say both of them too actually. No film has ever left me trying to work out what I'd just seen as much as Donnie Darko, and American History X is just astounding.

Forrest Gump brought a tear to my eyes (sounds a bit better than saying it made me cry) the second time I watched it... I think the reason it didn't the first time was due to being on a bus to a school trip, so my brain must have been telling my tear ducts "if you open up, it will be suicidal."

Other thought provoking films I can think of: Stroysek, Goodbye Lenin (both German with English subtitles, and both quite humourous too), The Filth And The Fury (seeing Rotten cry when talking about Sid's death is quite heart warming), Memento, and I daresay when I go upstairs and look at my DVDs I'll think "how could I forget that one and that one?"

• 4 weeks later...