aberdeen-music

The worst album you've bought

palmer_eldritch

Meredith Brooks - "Blurring The Edges"

Aerosmith - "Permanaent Vacation" (I have all their albums and this is a really bad one)

Happy Mondays - "Yes Please"

Yes - "Tormato"

Lemon Jelly - "64-95"

Alanis Morrisette - "Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie" (how did she manage to follow up such an amazing album with such a shite one?)

Pearl Jam - "No Code" (I love Pearl Jam but this is their "permanent vacation")

Pink Floyd - "The Division Bell" (the sad demise of a once innovative, exciting, incredible band into middle age mediocrity) (Though in saying that, Floyd rule!)

Primal Scream - "Dirty Hits" (I hate Primal Scream)

Razorlight - "Up All Night" (A poor mans Libertines, damn you NME for making me part with 12 on your recommendation)

Gwen Stefani - "Love Angel Music Baby" (Damn you Q, see above)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Futureheads album = terrible.

I have some crackers.

Nsync - Celebrity: Asides "Pop" (which is loverly power pop) the rest is drivel... the other albums are the same... take away the more upbeat singles and you have the most wet, spineless tripe on earth.

Greenday - Insomniac (is that what it's called?) - just boring.

Staind - Break the cycle: I actually used to listen to this loads... if this doesn't morph you into a life hating cyborg then nothing will.... it drones on and on and on and on...

Guest bluesxman

Captain Beefheart - Trout Mask Replica. I have never managed to get through it all, gave up at about song 21 of about 27. I like a lot of his stuff but this is drivel.

PJ Harvey - Uh Huh Her. Agree with earlier comment, disappointing.

The Breeders - Title TK.

Cypress Hill - III Temple Of Boom.

Jeff Buckley - Sketches For My Sweetheart The Drunk.

House Of Pain - Rise Above (or something like that. Quality of album can be summed up by the band striking Ali G style gangsta poses on the cover).

The Moldy Peaches.

Loads more I can't recall at present.

I'd have to say the Manics 'Know Your Enemy'. Barring a few tracks, I hate this band. Anyway, I had a record token, and I quite liked that 'So Why So Sad' tune that was in the charts at the time. Bought the album, and hated it from the word go. 'Miss Europa Disco Dancer', what is that all about?!!! Funny thing is, I took it to One Up to sell it, and they wouldn't take it, as they had so many copies!!!

Although, on the upside, at the same time I bought the album, I bought the latest 'Q' magazine, and noticed that I had won 15 for having a question printed in Shaun Ryder's 'Cash For Questions' :D

My question was:

"Who were cooler, you or the Roses?"

to which Ryder so insightfully replied:

"I'd say if we was playing chess and we swapped one or two of them for one or two of ours, then we'd still be cooler. Although I've got to admit that Mani is way cooler than the bald-headed one or the one that couldn't play keyboards".

Easiest 15 quid ever made! Cheers Mr Ryder! :D

Guest bluesxman
Well it was on sale for a fiver' date=' and I thought I'd give them one last chance to impress me. Apart from Movin On Up, and maybe Rocks, Primal Scream's "Greatest Hits" is a big pile of shit.[/quote']

Ha, fair enuff!

Coal Chamber - s/t - EMBARRASING!

Avenged Sevenfold - Waking The Fallen -DIRE!

Do you recall buying Good Charlotte's first album from a bargain bin for 1, and we made it through the first 30 seconds of "This goes out to all the guys who didn't get picked for the football team and didn't get asked to prom" before turning it off and throwing it out? That was worst album you bought!

Incidentally - RSVP in the post today.

Narc - have you heard Spaced Out with William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy ? It's an experience. . .

Er I was just kinda having a laugh! Never actually bought it, however it came to my attention in one of these Top 1000 album books where it was regarded as one of the 5 worst albums ever made. The front cover is also equally hilarious...

Guest DustyDeviada
I've heard bits of it. I'd love to hear some more.

Amazing!

I'm sure you can buy it cheap in HMV.

Worst album I've ever bought was Come by Prince. Oh dear.