aberdeen-music

The worst album you've bought

palmer_eldritch

'Yoshimi battles the pink robot' (or whatever its called) by flaming lips is probably the worst album i've ever bought. I just don't see anything redeeming or inspiring in it whatsoever.

However, in reply to the first post, Jeff Beck's 'Blow by Blow' is a tremendous album, with lots to offer the listener. Provided you take LOTS of acid before attempting to digest it.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Momentary Lapse of Reason by Pink Floyd

The fact that I'd heard the album before buying it makes the title appropriate. I must have though it would be a grower. How wrong I was. A truly sad album: even with collaborators David Gilmour is no songwriter' date=' combined with "throw everything in to make it sound like Pink Floyd" production results in turgid, abject failure. Pity, I was really expecting something more experimental with the strong control of Roger Waters gone. Clearly they needed him more than he needed them & he was right to say the Pink Floyd name should be retired. For further evidence see The Division Bell. At least I didn't buy that pile of pooh.[/quote']

Thankfully I didn't make a purchase of this as I'd heard somebody's copy.

'Yoshimi battles the pink robot' (or whatever its called) by flaming lips is probably the worst album i've ever bought. I just don't see anything redeeming or inspiring in it whatsoever.

However' date=' in reply to the first post, Jeff Beck's 'Blow by Blow' is a tremendous album, with lots to offer the listener. Provided you take LOTS of acid before attempting to digest it.[/quote']

No way dude..... you can't be saying that shit!

Yoshimi battles the pink robots is a marvellous album!

I need to lie down..... icon8.gif

• 7 months later...
Guest bluesxman
what what what?

It's goooooooooooooooooooooood.

I like the song with the 'dance of the sugar plum fairies' bit.

I think it's an album that takes a long time to get into though and is better treated as a 'background' album.

I think I'm the only one who likes Semisonic :p

I own the album with Secret Smile on it, haven't listened to it in ages tho....

can remember taking The Presidents of United States album back to one up for a refund' date=' 2 good singles and a SHITE album....think thats about it[/quote']

which one? i love the presidents!

mine were probably:

moby - play

the verve - a northern soul and

aphex twin - drukqs

/x

Living in a small town during my teenage years, my only source of music (pre-internet) was the 'Record Fayre' that would visit town on a monthly basis. As a result I spent all my hard earned cash on any vaguely rock-y CD i could find. These included a Spineshank album, early Nickelback (oh the shame) and one by Dog Eat Dog (who are maybe a bit like David Hasselhof now as apparently they are popular in Germany/Austria/Eastern Europe).

However I would classify my worst album as Linkin Park - Live In Germany which, from the sound quality was recorded by a wee manny with a dictophone. And also they suck live.