The worst album you've bought

palmer_eldritch

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what what what?

It's goooooooooooooooooooooood.

I like the song with the 'dance of the sugar plum fairies' bit.

I think it's an album that takes a long time to get into though and is better treated as a 'background' album.

I think I'm the only one who likes Semisonic :p

I totally agree with you on Six. Fookin great it is. I hate da 'Sonics tho.

Guest Gasss
I love those records. Horses for course I 'spose. How can you not like Pet Sounds?!

No, I do love those records! I just didn't like them the first time round which was why I was prepared to give Six a chance.

It's no Pet Sounds, that's for sure.

Guest bluesxman
Silverchair are utter balls' date=' and always have been. Shame on the people defending them![/quote']

I hate Silverchair. But respect to the guy for getting Natalie Imbruglia.....jammy twat.

Aerosmith - "Permanaent Vacation" (I have all their albums and this is a really bad one)

Alanis Morrisette - "Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie" (how did she manage to follow up such an amazing album with such a shite one?)

Pink Floyd - "The Division Bell" (the sad demise of a once innovative' date=' exciting, incredible band into middle age mediocrity) (Though in saying that, Floyd rule!)

(Damn you Q, see above)[/quote']

Agree on Alanis and Floyd but Aerosmith's Permanent Vacation... nah it's one of their best, shame they descended into blandome ever since.

Agree on Alanis and Floyd but Aerosmith's Permanent Vacation... nah it's one of their best' date=' shame they descended into blandome ever since.[/quote']

I agree Permanent Vacation is an excellant album and the follow up Pump is very good too.

The Division Bell on the other hand would have been a good David Gilmour solo album but by putting the name Pink Floyd on it taints the whole experience, the album just doesn't have any bite.

A Momentary Lapse of Reason by Pink Floyd

The fact that I'd heard the album before buying it makes the title appropriate. I must have though it would be a grower. How wrong I was. A truly sad album: even with collaborators David Gilmour is no songwriter, combined with "throw everything in to make it sound like Pink Floyd" production results in turgid, abject failure. Pity, I was really expecting something more experimental with the strong control of Roger Waters gone. Clearly they needed him more than he needed them & he was right to say the Pink Floyd name should be retired. For further evidence see The Division Bell. At least I didn't buy that pile of pooh.