aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

He'll be let off citing lack of evidence once the Celtic legal team get all over it.

Most likely, pretty similar to this I suppose - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-14913385

I dare say it must be nigh on impossible to prove outright what two people have said to each other in the of a football match in front of 20,000 spectators.

You would hope that Sky cameras somewhere might have picked it up. The offside camera maybe? I dunno. There must at least be something more than one players' word against the other if he's been charged, but alternatively it could be a political move by the SFA in the knowledge that there is no evidence - i.e. showing that they take a stand against alleged racism. This will let Tonev at the very least go on record to dispute Logan's claim.

I very much hope it is just a misunderstanding and Logan has misheard, but similarly if there is evidence to back up what he has alleged then the SFA need to come down v.hard on Tonev.

I was at a wedding on Sunday, in the middle of nowhere, with no wifi, tv or phone signal. I briefly got a bar of signal at some point in the afternoon as some photos were being taken on the roof balcony of the lodge, just enough to check the United score on the BBC. 3-1 up, with the BBC feed hammering on about Di Maria being the second coming of jesus. I predicted United would either see it out, or continue to hammer in the goals.

I didn't find out the final score was 5 bastard 3 until I returned to civilisation, 2pm Monday afternoon. Are you shitting me?

Re-watched the game. It was a right laugh. United got buttfucked pretty hard by Clattenberg, but United still fell apart and deservedly dropped points. Played fine for the first hour, the attack looks immense. 2 goals brought on by amateurish defending (is Phil Jones fit yet?!) and 3 goals that shouldn't have even stood. Still, it would all have been avoidable if they looked to control the game, which they didn't.

Losing 5-3 is still better than some of the zero-shots-on-target performances from the Moyes era though. Top 4 will happen.

Edited by Soda van Jerk

Reach's penalties were so good. Mignolets wrists are made of jelly. He should have saved a few of those.

Great game though. Well, maybe. I only turned it on at the start of extra time. Great extra time.

Suso is ace.

Extra time was better than normal time.  Suso is very good - he should start the next game.  Also, Jordan Rossiter scored and, not really to my surprise, was probably Liverpool's best player in normal time.  They might as well stick him in the team as well even though he's only about 14. 

Mignolet should have saved at least a couple but everyone seemed to be hitting them pretty well.  Even Kolo Toure scored a penalty.  That's how ridiculous it was.

Jack apparently picked up a very bad injury tonight, could be a few months out :(

Stretchered off, looked a bad one. Hopefully he's not out for too long, he was the best player in the park before he got injured.

On a positive note, I'm loving the look of Rooney and Goodwillie upfront.

From BBC's League Cup live feed

• SUBSTITUTION

West Brom 1-0 Hull

Posted at

20:22

The bad news for West Brom fans is that record signing Brown Ideye injured himself scoring the goal and is coming off.

The worse news is that he makes way for Georgios Samaras.

Lolol.

Edited by Soda van Jerk
  • Upvote 4

Wednesday got cunted by City's league cup side, which was pretty much their first team, minus Kompany and Silva. Aguero doesn't count, because he's always injured anyway. Thought City might have slipped just one kid into the first 11 though. Have they even got any?

Wednesday played well for the first half. Lacked a bit of quality up top, but their hold up play was pretty good. May and Madine were giving as good as they got. Then they went down to 10 men and it became a bit embarrassing.

Yeah, Woods is bang-on there. I'd much rather have a lower league team, so that the board/manager would at least suffer some embarrassment at being eliminated. Unfortunately, going out to City is something we can't hold against them.

Unless they win 7-0 again, of course.