aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

Big Sam said that the linesman "dropped a massive bollock" by CORRECTLY calling Kevin Nolan offside to disallow the equaliser. It was very tight, but he was still half a yard offside. But because the call was so close, Big Sam is implying the right decision would be to allow the goal, because the call was just pure luck and there's no way the linesman could have been certain, or something. He was even shown the replay, and he's still having none of it. He's not disputing that Nolan was offside. He's just disputing that the linesman doesn't possess the superhuman powers to spot the marginal offside. 

So there you go. Even when linesmen get it right, they get it wrong for getting it right. The linesman made the right decision, but didn't actually possess the ability to make that decision. Or something.

Kevin Nolan was equally pissy about it. Understandable when officials get the calls wrong, but it was the right call. Nolan reckons the lino wasn't even inline with him, so shouldn't have been allowed to make that decision.

What a couple of shiteaters.

Linesman looked in line from the replay. It's his job to make that call. And he got it right. Complaining about how good the officials decision was, as if it is a negative, is possibly a first for football.

Tight or not, it's still offside. Understandable to feel aggrieved if he actually wasn't offside. But he was, and Allardyce knows it.

Besides, if the boot was on the other foot, and a late United equaliser/winner was chalked off, Big Sam would be patting the lino on the back for his "super human" decision.

Edited by Soda van Jerk

When they showed it on match of the day the linesman was a good few yards behind the line to see it but it was the correct decision so it doesn't matter.

I see what they're saying that he gambled on whether he actually was offside or not as he wasn't in line to see but he got it correct and that's all that matters in the end.

Just another example of why a proper video review should be allowed in football.  Give them little challenge hankies like in the NFL.

I've never willingly wanted Cambridge to lose but by jove have come close on numerous occasions because a hapless, dickface, idiot twat has been in charge and the only way you will see the berk removed is to lose games so can see where Murrr is coming from.  Another hapless defeat for the toon army, Pardew is like a dying animal who just needs to be put out his misery!!!!

Pulling against your own club is horrible, absolutely horrible. Hopefully this gives you a good idea of what Pardew has reduced us to. Ultimately you want what's best for your club, and what's best for Newcastle is him out the door, so why would I want them to win last night? Makes no sense.

The hapless cunt has absolutely murdered my passion and I will celebrate his sacking, whether today or in eight years time, like a lottery win.

I had a similar reaction to reading that, I'm not comfortable with the idea.

I'll third that.  During Aberdeen's recent history there have been some hugely polarised opinions on some of our managers and I've seen a few people claim to be against the club or hope we lose just to get rid of the man in charge.  Not cool. Far as I'm concerned you never bet against your own club. 

Pulling against your own club is horrible, absolutely horrible. Hopefully this gives you a good idea of what Pardew has reduced us to. Ultimately you want what's best for your club, and what's best for Newcastle is him out the door, so why would I want them to win last night? Makes no sense.

The hapless cunt has absolutely murdered my passion and I will celebrate his sacking, whether today or in eight years time, like a lottery win.

Think there's a big difference between being happy when he's sacked and hoping you lose to speed it up.  

It is absolutely directly related to Pardew. Do not let the media con you into thinking "his hands are tied by Ashley," or whatever other dross they've been trotting out lately. The man is an absolute con, the worst manager in the Premier League, and even the slightest analysis of his last few years at Newcastle should highlight this. Ashley is lacking in ambition and prioritises the balance sheet over everything else, but he's given Pardew an excellent scouting team and a decent squad to work with. Pardew is going to relegate us and we can't afford that again.

There was a small faction of United fans willingly wanting United to lose last season, to hasten the Moyes departure. I think it's quite difficult to come to terms with wanting your own team to lose, but you can see the reasoning behind it, when you have a ball and chain in the shape of an inept manager. I've not heard much of what the current Newcastle players are thinking and feeling, but there were noises all last season about United players being pissed off with Moyes' mixed messages and small time mentality, so it was for the best in the end that he got given the heave ho. Rio Ferdinand's new book have confirmed that almost all of those noises were true anyway.

If Newcastle players are feeling the same, then it's certainly for the best that Pardew is axed, or you risk seeing the squad be dismantled by transfer requests, or ravaged by disenchantment.

Plus, he's a shit bastard and a smarmy wanker. Get rid.

Edited by Soda van Jerk