aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

Bit of a weird one here, but does anyone know why Daniel Agger signed for Brondby?!? Was he not being linked with Barca/PSG etc?

I presume just because it's his hometown club and he wanted to go back there. That's where Liverpool signed him from. Must have taken a huge pay cut but he'll have made enough at Liverpool to live on comfortably for the rest of his life I'm sure.

I presume just because it's his hometown club and he wanted to go back there. That's where Liverpool signed him from. Must have taken a huge pay cut but he'll have made enough at Liverpool to live on comfortably for the rest of his life I'm sure.

I think that's part of it but I also believe his knees are shot and he's taken the chance to play out his career in a less physically intensive league.

Seems to be injuries, which is a shame, as he's only 29. Here's some quotes from him about the move here:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/30/daniel-agger-liverpool-brondby-transfer

Here's a story about Daniel Agger being a top gent:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/10/daniel-agger-denmark-homeless-world-cup-chile

• Upvote 1

Seems to be injuries, which is a shame, as he's only 29. Here's some quotes from him about the move here:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/30/daniel-agger-liverpool-brondby-transfer

Here's a story about Daniel Agger being a top gent:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/10/daniel-agger-denmark-homeless-world-cup-chile

That last one has some bonus Zlatan too.

Your posts are now reppable. Have you been demoted from Staff status?

Me and Neil had a disagreement about my transfer budget for the coming season, I gave him an ultimatum and lost. Iain Dowie is to be named as my successor in the next couple of days.

I guess now we can remind him about how much of a cunt he is, AMIRITE LADS?!

Yep. But now I can do it back.... You cunt ;)

Quite a few reports doing the rounds about Pardew now. The common point seems to be that he'll be binned with a heavy defeat at Southampton this weekend.

I don't believe it for a second, but I really hope that we take an absolutely tonking. The thought of winning this game makes me sick.

• Upvote 1

We were so bloody bad yesterday, it was poetic. Fun little shitstorm as we suffer a humiliating defeat, assistant manager John Carvers gets caught calling some fans "fucking cunts" on-camera, and Pardew refuses to attend the post-match presser.

Hull at home on Saturday is going to be an absolute powderkeg. I'm pretty tempted to go down for it. Remember the Cardiff game towards the end of last season, where half the fans walked-out and Pardew was unable to get off his seat without getting booed? It's going to be like that but much, much worse. I'm amazed that the dickhead actually has the stomach to handle all the abuse he's getting. Saturday is going to be incredibly unpleasant for him, though I have little faith in Ashley to actually pull the trigger, even if we're soundly beaten.

• Upvote 1

Looking at the team sheet today it's crazy how stacked the attack is compared to the defence. Imagine the back four from a few years ago with the new front six, it would be incredible. 

RVP was pants though. If he keeps this up he'll get to spend a lot of time on the bench watching Falcao bang in the goals. 

I quite like this Blackett kid. He looks a fine player, comfortable on the ball and looked much more settled in a back 4. Evans is still rubbish and his passing yesterday was terrible at times, twice in the first 10 minutes he played suicidal balls to Rafael. 

Blind made one of the biggest differences i thought. Bombed about that midfield clearing up everything and just laying the ball off to better footballers than him.