aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

Clubs need to stop doing Twitter commentary on the fly. Nobody is keeping up to date with a football match via Twitter updates.

ByzxSKtIQAAMPW3.png

Argh! I went to rep you but my finger and my iPad fell out and I negged you instead - sorry! Edited by jon

So Fat Mike is now the second largest shareholder in newco, owns the naming rights to Ibrox, has the deal to sell the shirts through Sport Direct and is one of the directors of the new company looking after the trademark rights. The club don't think they will be able to pay wages in December and he's stated he won't sell Newcastle until the end of next season (possibly to ensure newco get into the premier league). Could he take Pardew with him, or force Sally out and replace him with Pardew? http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29464478

City had 10,000+ empty seats for their clash against Roma. They were giving away free tickets to all the schools in the catchment area around the Etihad, and they still couldn't fill the place. It was a pretty huge game that they really needed to win. Poor show.

No idea what they're thinking extending the Etihad, when the place is never full.

City had 10,000+ empty seats for their clash against Roma. They were giving away free tickets to all the schools in the catchment area around the Etihad, and they still couldn't fill the place. It was a pretty huge game that they really needed to win. Poor show.

No idea what they're thinking extending the Etihad, when the place is never full.

Yeah they have had really poor turnouts all through their champions league times.

Their first game in the Champions league was against Dortmund wasn't it?  They had like 5-10k seats left for that as well.

First Champions league game and it's against a great team.  Still don't sell out.

Huge allocations of tickets are given to the City in the Community organisation to give away in the local area, which is a good thing, but it's backfiring on them when nobody goes. If they really do have a 7k waiting list for season tickets, and they're essentially throwing thousands of tickets in the bin by CITC gambling on giving away freebies, then surely it would make sense to stop giving away tickets, or at least reduce the CITC allocation. Give the opportunity to this alleged waiting list to buy tickets.

Massive media presence will only help to a point, having bazillions of fans in Africa and Southeast Asia isn't going to help stadium attendance much. I'd guess the few years City have been filthy rich and successful hasn't had enough of an effect on followings within the UK, EU maybe.