aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

United are going to do Chelsea on Sunday. I can feel it.

RvP is pisspoor. Everything that came to him just bounced off. Then he walked around for bit. Di Maria and Shaw's delivery was excellent, but he didn't attack any of them. I don't know how he played the full 90. He's done. Start Falcao and watch it rain goals. He was immeasurably better as soon as he came on, but it was too late.

Rafael is getting hammered for playing Berahino onside for the 2nd goal, but surely he wasn't expecting Phil Jones to go bombing into the midfield, and leaving a massive Berahino-shaped hole in the defence. If he'd have stayed in position, that pass probably wouldn't have even happened. If it did, Jones would have been goal side. It was never Rafael's fault. It was a typical Phil Jones rush of blood to the head.

Anyway. Chelsea. Easy. Fellaini will just give them a couple of these

OpulentZealousDogfish.gif

If it's a regular occurrence, I certainly can't remember seeing United use it to good effect, not this season anyway. I remember Vidic doing it a lot, but the difference was that Vidic, Rio and Evra were a well-oiled unit. This was the first game Jones and Rojo have played together. They should be nailing the basics before risking to trap an in-form striker, under no real pressure. Brainless, IMO.

Some pure hidings being dished out in the Champions League tonight.

Players do it all the time now. Most teams get changed into a fresh strip at half time anyway, so end up swapping shirts on their way back in. Usually it's done in the tunnel though, rather than in clear view of the telly cameras.

The media are making a whole lot of fuss about nothing really. probably just because it's Balotelli. Nobody is saying anything about Pepe. It takes two to swap a shirt.

Edited by Soda van Jerk

Paul Scholes said that in his final season, he rarely ever made it to the dressing room - at either half time or full time - with a shirt on, and as soon the the whistle went, opposing players were racing towards him to get his shirt, and he'd give them it in the tunnel.

Man City have "tunnel cam" videos on their website, and they're all doing it, every game.

I don't see what the fuss is about. The shirt swapping seems to be papering over just how terrible he was in general.

Should have played Big Rick. He'd have given Pepe the runaround.

Also, Coutinho did it last season at Stamford Bridge, on the pitch and in clear view, and also whilst losing at half time. Not a word said. Van Persie did it when he played against Arsenal for United as well.

It's just a stick to beat Balotelli with, because it's Mario Balotelli.

Justice for Mario.