aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

His first booking was a pure brainfart. Who has ever blocked a keepers kick and got away with it? Stupidity. 2nd booking was more forgivable because Valencia sold him up the river by running after anything that moves. He probably had to make that challenge, or they are in behind. The first one lost United the game.

11 v 11 and I think United would have gotten something out of that game. City didn't look good but took advantage of United being under the kosh. Looked fairly useless after scoring the goal.

Hart should have been off as well, before the Smalling red. He went head-to-head with the referee. No idea how the referee has allowed that.

Decent back to back performances for United against the two best teams in the league, but no wins. And all four centre backs are either injured or suspended, again.

The first booking was ridiculous, but once he knows he's on a yellow, wtf was he doing?

He probably had to make that challenge, or they are in behind. .

Not really. Sprint in (as he did) and stand up to Milner. Absolutely ridiculous decision to throw himself into that tackle - and arguably more stupid than his first given he knew what would happen if it was anything but a perfect tackle. He could have gotten a lot of the ball and still seen yellow.

The first booking was ridiculous, but once he knows he's on a yellow, wtf was he doing?

Not really. Sprint in (as he did) and stand up to Milner. Absolutely ridiculous decision to throw himself into that tackle - and arguably more stupid than his first given he knew what would happen if it was anything but a perfect tackle. He could have gotten a lot of the ball and still seen yellow.

I'd also argue that even if they do get in behind and score, then having 11 men and being 1-0 down is probably better than being 0-0 with 10. Either way, it wasn't worth committing to that tackle. Inexperience isn't really an excuse given that you wouldn't committ to a tackle like that when booked in an u18's fixture.

It is disappointing to hear him spout such nonsense about the 3 championship teams though. 

I'd actually forgotten about the England friendly. Hopefully it's as good as match as the last one, with a better result. 

I'm pissed off the Ireland match is Friday. Evening matches in Europe are at very difficult times for me to watch, the last few weeks for the dons have been shite with Friday and Monday night matches.

Yeah, a good player who will be very important for the national team in years to come. Strachan has systematically brought youngsters in at various points - I presume to give them experience of being away with the squad, etc. No problems with that.

Yeah he has done it with Jack, Pawlett, May, Gauld and a few others. Take them to the squad for a meet up so they get a taste for it. 

Disappointed that Reynolds has been left out tho. Dons defense has been really good the past few weeks. 

Obertan out for five months. It's a real shame for the guy, as he was getting a run in the team and has actually looked quite dangerous lately. Think it's a purple patch rather than true progression, and he's still a honking footballer, but he must be pretty gutted at the moment.

Hopefully this means more Cabella and Aarons rather than Sissoko out wide.

Yeah, a good player who will be very important for the national team in years to come. Strachan has systematically brought youngsters in at various points - I presume to give them experience of being away with the squad, etc. No problems with that.

I do think that there is a bit of an issue picking a player - even a youngster, this is a full national squad - who has experience playing against the likes of Dumbarton and Queen of the South, where there are players in the SPFL and English Championship that have been potentially left out. You have to take into account quality of the league that your squad plays in.