aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

And that van Persie goal has become way over rated. I deserves it's place in the top ten for Blind's pass but it shouldn't win.

It deserves to be overrated. Most strikers would have tried to bring it down. It's just silly goal.

And headers themselves are underrated. A typical screamer is nearly always a strike. Be it a volley, smash, lob, whatever. It'd be great if a header won it.

It deserves to be overrated. Most strikers would have tried to bring it down. It's just silly goal.

And headers themselves are underrated. A typical screamer is nearly always a strike. Be it a volley, smash, lob, whatever. It'd be great if a header won it.

Agree 100%. The pass, the technique to redirect the ball, the placement... it's a fantastic goal.

Can't believe Costa's overhead isn't getting love. Overheads are often overrated. It's often just a volley with a pretty smile. In this case though, it's almost an ugly overhead but the speed at which he repositions himself and plucks the ball out the air is amazing.

It has to be Cahill's, for me.  I was on my feet and shouting "WHAT?"" at the tele for that one.  Amazing goal. 

I love it when you remark on how animated you got when watching football. I always think you'd react to the television like this guy:

I feel like Barca score similar goals all the time. It's a wonderful goal, but it's not Puskas award-worthy imo.

FWIW - I think the token lower league (this year it happens to be a woman) goal shouldn't be on there, neither should the Sanvezzo rent-a-volley

Edited by ca_gere

Listening to the latest Terrace Podcast just now and they mentioned an extra reason why we should really hope to beat England tonight. Something I've not seen spoken about anywhere else. Apparently if we win against England and beat Ireland in March (the Gilbraltar game doesn't count) we are very likely to be in the second pot for the next World Cup qualifying campaign. That might not be as exciting as thinking about the historic rivalry but I'd be delighted to have improve our chances of finally getting back to a World Cup.

• Upvote 2