aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

A colleague and I had been throwing some footballer Christmas puns at each other to relieve the boredom at work this week. I got so involved, I decided to put together a team of current players:

QUEENS PARK MANGERS

Manager: Jose Myrrh-inho

Assistant: Ruud van Tinselrooy

GK: Sleigh Given

DR: Dani Elves

DL: Sleighton Baines

DC: Brussel Martin

DC: John Sherry

MF: Snowy Barton

MF: Toni Kroosmas

FW: Robin van Pressie

FW: Alex Ox-sled-Chamberlain

FW: St Nicolas Anelka

FW: Demba Ba Humbug

Any further contributions would be great. SHARE YOUR CHRISTMAS FOOTBALLER PUNS WITH US ALL.

• Upvote 2

tyjBFbu.gif

Pretty harsh red card. I'm not convinced he even touches him. Markovic is daft to be swinging his arms around though. He seems to get two good looks at him to know where he is. I'm not sure why he's done it, but I don't think it's a red. He looked good when he came on as well.

Only Sterling showed up. Gerrard's goal was superb, but he was a bit naff overall, as was everyone bar Sterling. He'll probably end up at City in the next year or so. He's too good not to be winning trophies and playing in Europe consistently.

Good goals in the Arsenal game last night.  Ramsey's was stunning and Podolski tried to take the net off again!

Not sure why Podolski doesn't get more games against the mid and low tier teams in the EPL.  I see why he doesn't play against the top teams as he offers no protection and little in movement.  Going forward though he's such a threat.

I thought it was a red last night, he looks for him, twice, before swinging the arm. Even if he just poked him in the eye, that can hurt and shock you if your not ready for it, hence a reason maybe why the guy looked like he was sniped. Stupid stupid thing to do in the first place, no need to swing the arm like that. 

Ramsey's goal was as good as you will see, what a hit, with his weaker foot as well. 

I thought it was a red last night, he looks for him, twice, before swinging the arm. Even if he just poked him in the eye, that can hurt and shock you if your not ready for it, hence a reason maybe why the guy looked like he was sniped. Stupid stupid thing to do in the first place, no need to swing the arm like that. 

Ramsey's goal was as good as you will see, what a hit, with his weaker foot as well. 

I agree it was a stupid thing to do, but I'm not convinced he even touches his face. If he really touches his eye, I don't think there'd be the delay that there is from Markovic's hand going near the lads face and then him flinging his head back.

A daft swing of the arm, but I do reckon the Basel lad has played for it and got him sent off by reacting.

It should have been a red card for Markovic for hitting out, and a yellow card to the Basel player for his over-the-top reaction. Just because someone reacts stupidly to an incident shouldn't make light of the incident itself. Okay, whether he made contact or not is debatable but the intention was there to hit out at the guy's face - given he looked for him twice before swinging his arm. That enough is worthy of a red.

Is the champions league based on head to head or goal difference?

There's a lot of charts and 'what ifs' floating about in regards to the CIty game but none clarify this. If City win with enough goals to outscore CSKA on GD do they go through?

Head to head first then goal difference, then first person to post a racist tweet goes through if still the same.

• Upvote 1