aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

They'd have done better last night with either Borini or Lambert, I reckon. Mario spoiled everything. I don't even think they did too badly. Sterling and Coutinho were excellent. Moreno looked solid too.

Isco is underrated. You can't get the ball off him. He was pirouetting all over the shop, like he was Emerson. One day, he might be as good as Emerson. Boro's Emerson, of course. Not that other more successful, internationally capped Emerson. He was shit.

• Upvote 1

There's a youtube montage of Ricardo Queresma floating about which is like 4 mins of rabonas*. It's glorious. 70% of them either go out for throw ins or get edited out so you can't actually see that he just whacks it straight into the defender. Entertaining nonetheless.

In fact, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce3gVRyd0lY

*For some reason I still can't bring myself to fully be ok with this name. It needs a name, but where was this word 10 years ago when you'd just call it a 'fancy kick' or a 'reverse-behind-the-leg-thingy' or something. Same goes for 'flip flap' or any other name for a bit of skill that isn't just a player's name (e.g. Cruyff).

United probably should have won that. Comfortably better in the 1st half and had the better of the chances. Didn't show up for the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half. Somehow Rafael ended up with Drogba as his man. Terrible organisation.

They celebrated the equalizer like a winner though. I don't get that. A minute left, Chelsea down to 10 men, should have grabbed the ball and ran back to the centre circle. They should feel disappointed they didn't go for the win.

El classico was a good game. Looked like they swapped roles most of the match - Barca were the ones getting wound up and fouly and Real were the fluid passing possession hogs at times. Carvajal was a monster. What a player. Suarez looked really good. He's gonna do just fine at Barca by the looks of it. Real are scary good at the moment. They really should win the champions league.

Bale is a more potent goal threat but Isco is much better defensively and puts in more of a shift. They look more solid with 4 in midfield (Kroos/James/Modric/Isco) and that formation still seems to allow the full backs to be up in attack virtually the whole game somehow. I dunno though, there's something about having Bale on the field that gives the constant threat of a goal. His assists this season have been immense. Of what i've seen of the two this season, i'd pick Bale over Isco still. he's got an intangible quality.

Like this article about football no no's, pretty much agree with most of them but thought a lot of fuss was made about Balotelli's half time shirt swap.  The leaving early one gripes me - three blokes where I stand at the Abbey leave with 10 mins to go every match... we scored an 87th minute winner on Saturday :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29743332