aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

Completely right, I'm amazed they would publish something so blatantly sexist. It's not about the quality of football at all, in fact if he was at a match with a crowd of less than 1000 watching a bunch of unskilled men constantly lumping the ball up the park he'd probably call it "real football". He obviously just think women should not be playing football and that's that.

I was just speaking to a colleague about how good it was to see the women's football getting some well deserved attention. Has the Scotland ladies team not scored 14 goals in their past two games?

Has Motherwell even scored that many this year? 

Edited by Flights

Rio Ferdinand. Oh my. If you didn't watch the game, you should look forward to watching Amfitano just walk through him as if he wasn't even there on MOTD. The finish was class too. Infact, both WBA's goals were. Deserved win for them. Even Anichebe had a solid game. Anichibe. Victor Anichebe.

Alex Buttner is possibly the worst top flight player on earth right now. Worse than John O'Shea. Worse than Gabriel Obertan. I'll even fight Murrr over him being worse than Danny Simpson.

After today's result how much time will Moyes be given one wonders?  That was a 'home banker' and they fucked it up.  tbh they're so hit and miss they're destined for to become the next Liverpool.  Great against Leverkusen in champs league, awful against city... the league cup doesn't really count but still a good morale boosting victory against the scouse gits but losing at home to West Brom well to coin a manager cliche must be 'disappointing'....

Anyway why should I give a fuck when finally for the first time in years I am seeing my own team have some success on the pitch... 12 games unbeaten top of the league by five points, it's now getting hard not to get carried away after all the downright misery I have suffered in recent season.  This is what makes every soul destroying cold November defeat to Alfreton Town worth it when you finally have something to shout about!  Sure it will probably go tits out but you got to milk any success when you support a mostly crap team for every single cent!

Alex Buttner is possibly the worst top flight player on earth right now. Worse than John O'Shea. Worse than Gabriel Obertan. I'll even fight Murrr over him being worse than Danny Simpson.

Danny Simpson is in the Championship now chief.

But still, suggesting there is a worse player than Simpson?

Jasper.gif

• Upvote 2

Judging by the two full games I have seen and various highlights, I think we can conclude that Rio is past it.  The first WBA goal wasn't entirely his fault, but he just keeps getting caught out, completely static, and in the premier league that always leads to goals.  It seems to be a concentration/reactions thing.  I honestly think it should be Vidic and Evans/Jones/Smalling.  Probably Evans, as much as I like Jones. 

Tam Cowan has apologised for his article on Saturday:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tam-cowan-man-say-row-2322534

Good to see he's accepted most of the criticism, shame it's a bit defensive but hopefully that's the end of it.  Was some talk of him getting the dunt from Off The Ball because of it which would be harsh.  He wrote a stupid, crass article and has apologised. 

Cowan's written column is utter mince but Off The Ball is still occasionally brilliant and think it needs both him and Cosgrove for it to work at it's best.

Manyoo looked all over the place at the back on Saturday.  Buttner being too advanced left the CBs so exposed but was Vidic injured or why did he not play?  Feel like playing Ferdinand in every game isn't a great idea he looks knackered and he's slow enough without being tired at the same time.

At least Arsenal are having the most successful crisis in years.  Good times.

I really can't see Arsenal winning it. They have a great first 11, particularly in attack but I can't see them coping well with injuries. While I think it will be very tight between the top 6 I think one of City, United and Chelsea will get it together enough to go on a big winning run even if it's just grinding out results and win it.

Paranoid Android, on 30 Sept 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

I really can't see Arsenal winning it. They have a great first 11, particularly in attack but I can't see them coping well with injuries. While I think it will be very tight between the top 6 I think one of City, United and Chelsea will get it together enough to go on a big winning run even if it's just grinding out results and win it.

Yeah i mean i cant see them winning without Carzola, Walcott, Arteta, Podolski, Ox, and Diaby...........

Oh wait......

There is too much made of this small squad crap, Wenger always has a kid lined up who is great, the next one is that wee German kid that scored at the weekend. People need to trust that he knows what he is doing, i think the smaller squad will be the making of them. Schmeichel said as much last night, with the smaller squad, people like Ramsey have stepped up to be senior squad members and really upped their game.

Edited by The Milner
  • Upvote 1

Judging by the two full games I have seen and various highlights, I think we can conclude that Rio is past it.  The first WBA goal wasn't entirely his fault, but he just keeps getting caught out, completely static, and in the premier league that always leads to goals.  It seems to be a concentration/reactions thing.  I honestly think it should be Vidic and Evans/Jones/Smalling.  Probably Evans, as much as I like Jones. 

Agree on the CB duo. Should be Vidic and Evans, until Vidic is finished, then it should be Evans and Jones, but Jones needs to play at centre back and get more experience there. He ain't no full back. He's not a bastard midfielder either, unless he's playing super deep, just infront of the defence, barging into people with his face, which is essentially a back 3, especially with how advanced Evra and Rafael play. Still, he's better suited to CB.

Jones 2nd season at Blackburn was tremendous, which was entirely from centre back. Fergie loved to put centre backs at full back though. O'Shea, Brown, Silvestre etc. Jones is a total clogger who is pretty toss at actually playing football, but he's good at stopping the ball with his entire body, sticking his head on anything and kicking strikers up in the air, kind of like Vidic. He should succeed Vidic, and learn from him by playing next to him, and not overlapping the winger.

Every team who has the league in the last decade has had a big squad with strength in depth. The difference between Arsenal's first and second choice in many positions is just too big imo. Maybe the January transfer window could change that. Another striker needs to be brought in at least, Giroud can't play every game.

Last week Arsenal were weak because they had to field this Gnabry kid.  I'm sure I heard pundits saying it just show how weak the squad is because they're playing this 18 year old no one has heard of.

No mate, you've not heard of him.  He was on the bench plenty last season and even played in a Champions League game when Arsenal had already qualified.  Now after playing three games on the trot because of masses of injury at that position they were spaffing over him because of how he runs at players and isn't afraid of playing on the big stage.

So far Arsenal have missed Arteta, Vermaelen, Podolski, Santi, Wallcott, Ox, Diaby, Zelalem (not a huge one but he would have been on the bench at least) for multiple games.  So this small squad stuff is pretty nonsensical.  There is an injury crisis but the first 11 hasn't been that weak in those games and add these players back in it's not half bad.

Just need a striker and maybe a goalie in January to be fairly competitive.

Flamini has been amazing by the way.  After the mocking the media had with that free transfer.

Edited by Captain America
  • Upvote 1

Every team who has the league in the last decade has had a big squad with strength in depth. The difference between Arsenal's first and second choice in many positions is just too big imo. Maybe the January transfer window could change that. Another striker needs to be brought in at least, Giroud can't play every game.

Is it really tho? Like i say, there doesnt seem to be a huge gap between that German boy and Walcott, different players obviously but is the quality difference that big? The midfield is as good as any in the league, if not better than most at the moment, i'd have their midfield over almost any in the league right now. Giroud is a top top striker, and Bedtner is not the worst back up in the world, he played really well midweek. Plus they currently have the leagues top scorer, and he isnt Giroud. The only place they might struggle is defense, but Sagna seems to be able to play anywhere he wants along the back so as long as they stay fit then they should be fine. 

The only reason the media say they will struggle is because they dont care enough about their entire squad to find out who the players are, they are only interested in the already made superstars. I play ALOT of football manager, trust me, the kids coming through Arsenal will be as good if not better than what they have now, and this season they will get the game time to prove it.

Edited by The Milner