aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

Zola does seem really great at keeping the ball. Nice to have a target man that doesn't just flick it on to the opposition a la Lee Miller.  Shame he can't run, dribble or tackle.

I really can't remember the last time I saw an Aberdeen side play with so much confidence and intent. Was just brilliant last night.

This piece about Luis Figo's transfer from Barca to Madrid is well worth a read. http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/sep/26/luis-figo-barcelona-madrid-sid-lowe

I'd had the story explained it to me before but not quite known the full details, absolutely incredible situation. Perez was like Malcolm Tucker pulling strings and working a situation so it ended up just how he wanted it to. 

• Upvote 1

Phil, we should definitely have a pint and talk about football. Have you ever considered writing about it somewhere? I rarely describe football articles as "articulate" and/or "accurate", but your posts in this thread are always spot on.

I used to cover the Juniors and Highland League football for the Press & Journal (and Sunday Mail from time to time), which was a great way to externalise some of my inner football thoughts, but they always denigrated my match reports to a level more akin to someone like Charlie Allan, and that bothered me. I then got offered a trial with Sunnybank Juniors, so I would have had to either play football or write about football from that point onwards. So I decided to do neither, and play in bands and tour instead.

I do sincerely appreciate your nice comment, though, and I am glad my ramblings are read and considered. I always assumed people just skimmed over or avoided my football posts, so I have never even considered getting back into writing it. I don't have the discipline or inclination to maintain a football blog of my own.

I severely lack peers with whom I can discuss football over a pint, so I am always open to such offers!

• Upvote 1

Eup's posts are a joy in this thread. And elsewhere when he's arsed for that matter. Especially considering the utter garbage that has taken over most other threads. This one seems safe.

I have a giddy feeling about the dons. Its strange. Early ebbe was the last time I remember feeling it. Its nigh on impossible for me to watch much action but the mere fact that every time I check the live commentary im almost expecting us to be up a goal is new. Glad to read from non journos that we are actually playing well.