aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

Might United go with three deeper lying midfielders? Fellaini, Cleverley and Fletcher? Or Giggs. 

That's probably how I'd play it if I were Moyes, with Mata and Kagawa supporting Rooney and using full backs for width knowing that there is the cover provided by the three in midfield. A bit more solid and probably would leave Carrick less exposed.

Edited by Adam Easy Wishes

Might United go with three deeper lying midfielders? Fellaini, Cleverley and Fletcher? Or Giggs. 

That's probably how I'd play it if I were Moyes, with Mata and Kagawa supporting Rooney and using full backs for width knowing that there is the cover provided by the three in midfield. A bit more solid and probably would leave Carrick less exposed.

3 in the middle, and 2 supporting 1 striker?

CHRISTMAS TREE!

christmas_tree_formation-223x3001.jpg

Few comments since I logged in...

Re: 3/4 of Parkhead - that was in relation to League Cup final.

If Aberdeen reach the final and don't get 50% of the seats that will be scandalous after them taking 40k and asking for more for the league cup final.

I stopped following Celtic after becoming increasingly annoyed/sometimes appalled by the behaviour of the players and coaching staff. I forget which game it was that I made the decision but Stokes in particular was being a right cunt. I can't even remember what he did. It was over 2 years ago now.

I've had a soft spot for Aberdeen ever since I stopped being a kid and not caring about bragging rights over my Aberdeen supporting mates. I didn't initially openly support Aberdeen when I stopped following Celtic. Not quite sure why - couldn't really be bothered with the turncoat type shit that I expected to get. In hindsight, I don't think anyone would have given a fuck. Been watching and hoping they'll win ever since though and this season just came out and told folk I'm supporting Aberdeen now. I feel like I've missed out on being part of something with my mates all these years which is a bit of a shame but nothing I can do about it.

I feel absolutely nothing for Celtic now. Can't relate to them at all. I only supported them because my older brother and Dad did. Ironically, I first 'supported' Aberdeen but when I was 6, the day after Aberdeen won the Skol Cup (must have been in '88) I announced I supported Celtic. No idea why but I can remember it clearly.

Where's Russell Anderson tonight?

Rested. 3 games in a week a bit much for the auld mannie.

Tate was woeful tonight and rightly hooked at half time. Pretty entertaining game despite the 1-1 draw.  Lots of chances, some great performances from both keepers and baffling decisions from the ref (at least 2 obvious corners for County given as goal kicks). No complaints about Considine's red card and Vernon and Zola were even entertainingly shit when they came on.

Zola. Holy fuck. He's like a terrible Lee Miller.

Missed Anderson's influence at the back. Good game though - County were very dangerous on the break. Impressed by Aberdeen - kept going for it right until the end. Could have gone either way. Langfield was great and shit in the same game. Well played.

Edited by Gladstone

Had Robson on for anytime scorer and he could have had 3! That one off the junction would have been a cracker.

Tate is mince. Thought that in the St. Johnstone game a couple of weeks ago. As is Zola. McGinn didn't look interested tonight, not sure what is going on with him.

We'll need to be a lot better to beat Utd on Saturday.

Zola is the worst player I've seen play for Aberdeen in a loooong time. Would take Magennis ahead of him 100% of the time.

We were a bit unlucky, McGinn is suffering from a lack of confidence I think. Desperately needs a goal. I thought Nicky Low would have been a good option last night - was he on the bench? Missed the start of the game.

@ Gladstone: funny that you're happy to announce your support of Aberdeen now, this season in particular... :sleeping:

Zola is the worst player I've seen play for Aberdeen in a loooong time. Would take Magennis ahead of him 100% of the time.

We were a bit unlucky, McGinn is suffering from a lack of confidence I think. Desperately needs a goal. I thought Nicky Low would have been a good option last night - was he on the bench? Missed the start of the game.

@ Gladstone: funny that you're happy to announce your support of Aberdeen now, this season in particular... :sleeping:

Yeah yeah.  I "announced" it prior to the cup game against Celtic... I had been fairly openly supporting the Dons before that and always hoping they did well.

I've been to more Aberdeen games than Celtic games in the past 10 years.  Even when I was classing myself as a Celtic fan, I'd nip down to Pittodrie to watch the Dons as I lived nearby and was always in support of Aberdeen.

Didn't notice if Low was on the bench - I also missed the start (I caved and subscribed to BT Sports...).  Zola was absolutely horse shit.   He looks like a guy masquerading as a professional football player.  He's conned someone, somewhere along the lines.

To be fair to Tate and Zola, they've not played a lot of football, but - some schoolboy errors from Tate (positioning) and just utter shite from Zola. He somehow always makes it look like he's doing the fouling when he's being fouled, all legs and arms that boy.

Get him, Vernon and Tate to fuck, sign up Logan and get Hector in on a free transfer.

Magennis back from his loan spell and spunk a bit of wage on an established SPL striker, obviously depending on who is available. But someone like Rooney (in terms of quality). Probably need a left back too, Clark Robertson could use a loan deal.

= win the league

Logan looks better each time I see him play.  He was one of the better players last night I thought.  Tate's looked shaky any time I've seen him (which is only a handful of times) and Zola - words cannot describe how shite he was last night.  Think I've only seen glimpses of him before last night though.  He won a couple of headers, but his touch and close control last night was abysmal.  That incident where he claimed for a corner was just embarrassing.  He took about 4 touches to try and control it and the ball rolled hopelessly out of play and he turned and made a big case for a corner - oh the injustice.  What a fud.  Just control the ball better.

That incident where he claimed for a corner was just embarrassing.  He took about 4 touches to try and control it and the ball rolled hopelessly out of play and he turned and made a big case for a corner - oh the injustice.  

To be fair to him on the ref's performance last night it was worth trying to claim for anything.  Langfield makes a great save and pushes the ball out, goal kick.  Ball gets smashed off Reynold's back and goes out, goal kick.  

fellaini-zabaleta.gif

Somehow not a red a card. A needless assault.

I hate Fellaini. He's actually looked reasonable in the past few games, up until last night. The amount of times he just walked around whilst Yaya and even Fernandinho got goalside of him was outrageous. Pointless lump.

If Moyes, Fellaini and the rest of the Everton backing band could leave, it would probably give the club a huge lift. They are all deadweight.

fellaini-zabaleta.gif

Somehow not a red a card. A needless assault.

I hate Fellaini. He's actually looked reasonable in the past few games, up until last night. The amount of times he just walked around whilst Yaya and even Fernandinho got goalside of him was outrageous. Pointless lump.

If Moyes, Fellaini and the rest of the Everton backing band could leave, it would probably give the club a huge lift. They are all deadweight.

Who do you want to replace him with? 

Chatting with people on another forum about who Man Utd fans and Arsenal fans who want Wenger out to replace them with is interesting.  Not that many options it seems to be.

Pep isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Klopp is the obvious one everyone mentions with these jobs but when his squad isn't gutted with injuries he's got a pretty good thing at Dortmund. Would he want to go?

Martinez is having a good year but it's his first good year at a bigger club. Don't think he's ready yet (remember when Owen Coyle was the next big manager?).

Rogers is settled at Liverpool, he's not moving.

Simeone is doing great at Athletico so will he want to move? Maybe if they sell his best players he will.

Mancini? Is he really the answer? He had a lot of money to spend at City and he did ok I guess.

Who else is there? Van Gaal could be one but he's 62/63, hardly a long term solution.