aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

There was an excellent slip up by McGhee where he referred to Aberdeen as 'we'. It was great, will make a note of it when I watch the final again this weekend.

I agree that the game was better second time round than it was in the stands. Possibly due to nerves? I was absolutely drained by the time I'd made it back to the bus.

• Upvote 1

There was an excellent slip up by McGhee where he referred to Aberdeen as 'we'. It was great, will make a note of it when I watch the final again this weekend.

I agree that the game was better second time round than it was in the stands. Possibly due to nerves? I was absolutely drained by the time I'd made it back to the bus.

Did you wear your shinpads when you watched it back?

• Upvote 1

It should be a turning point for them, but I don't think it will be.  Backs firmly against the wall and no other option than to absolutely go for broke last night.  Away to West Ham at the weekend - a game they should win and they should be brimming with confidence, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they're brought down to earth with a thud by Andy Fucking Carroll.

I don't think it will be a turning point, they won't really turn around until Moyes is able to step up to being a manager of a club that size which sadly I doubt he ever will. They deserve credit for turning it around last night but Olympiakos are shit for a team in the knock out stages, they should be able to beat them easily. I think this will only be a very temporary boost, a bad defeat to city next week will see the dark clouds return. 

And there are very very few matches when playing Giggs in the middle is going to be the solution to anything.

I think it might be the strongest QF line up I can remember. Some people are saying that the best draw United could get is Dortmund and they were last year's runners up. I'm really looking forward to the draw. I just hope the teams from the same countries get kept apart so we get a bit more variety in the matches. 

Really.  Not because I think Man United can beat Chelsea over two legs, but I just think they have more chance of doing it against a team they know well and be familiar with etc.

The downside of getting Chelsea of course could be that if Chelsea run riot against them over two legs, it would feel worse than say, Atletico Madrid running riot against them over two legs.

Against Chelsea, for some reason though, I think there's always a chance they could do what Liverpool did to Chelsea all those years ago in the CL and somehow sneak a win.  The game would be huge for Man United, and they have experienced players in there with an awful lot to prove.

That all said - I think they'll get humped by whoever they play.

I don't think it will be a turning point, they won't really turn around until Moyes is able to step up to being a manager of a club that size which sadly I doubt he ever will. They deserve credit for turning it around last night but Olympiakos are shit for a team in the knock out stages, they should be able to beat them easily. I think this will only be a very temporary boost, a bad defeat to city next week will see the dark clouds return. 

And there are very very few matches when playing Giggs in the middle is going to be the solution to anything.

I disagree about Olympiakos being shit. They've got a great coach, and he has them playing some really good technical football. They break with pace and their movement is excellent. They've got some skilled players who will probably move on to bigger clubs this summer after proving themselves in Europe.

They've had a superb season overall. Europe's 2nd top scorers, behind Bayern. I reckon they are a better team than Galatasaray, but overall I'm glad neither Galatasaray or Olympiakos made it any further.

I'm sure most teams will be hoping they get United in the quarter finals. RVP's injury looked a bad one, and Evra is suspended. Evra isn't all that, but he's first pick because there's no one better. Moyes got rid of Fabio, for some reason, so the only real option is BUTTNER!

Imagine if United draw Bayern. Robben vs Buttner. Blimey.

I didn't think RVP's injury looked bad at all.  Looked like a dead leg type of thing.  At first, I thought he was rolling about wasting time, but the replay showed he took a knee to the back of his leg just above the knee.  Can't imagine it's anything worse than a bruised muscle or something.  I'm sure he'll be back pretty quickly.

I thought it looked like a thud to the thigh muscle. I've heard some TWITTER EXPERTS reckoning that even that sort of impact can do your cruciate ligaments in. I thought if it was just a dead leg, he'd have just limped off, or had an arm around a couple of physios. The strap and the stretcher made it look severe, unless he really was hamming it up to waste some time.

Apparently the original display planned for Sunday's cup final was banned due to it having a sunburst design, which has IRA connotations...apparently.

There are parts of this country that I fear are broken beyond repair.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-fans-baffled-police-scotland-3263138

Yeah that was in the local press earlier in the week.  Crazy.  Michael Gannon has expressed similar sentiment in another great DR article

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-gannon-aberdeens-league-cup-3263121

He'll need to be careful. No way the Record can keep letting him write all these pro-Aberdeen articles.