aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

Yeah that was in the local press earlier in the week.  Crazy.  Michael Gannon has expressed similar sentiment in another great DR article

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-gannon-aberdeens-league-cup-3263121

He'll need to be careful. No way the Record can keep letting him write all these pro-Aberdeen articles.

I must admit I have read a few of his articles and enjoyed his pro AFC sentiment. He did a good one after that whole Neil Lennon thing a few weeks ago.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-gannon-aberdeen-fans-arent-3118878

I really fucking hate it when the media try and drag us into this sectarian issue that plagues the OF. Keep us out of it. Stand Free.

What are peoples thoughts on this guy?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/disgraced-former-hearts-defender-convicted-3216613

I know what he did was terrible, and he has been rightly punished, but do you feel he should be allowed to get on with re-building his life, if possible, without being followed around by the Sun or DR? I do think its time for them to let it drop and let him re-build if he can, yes he messed up, and he will be on the sex offenders list for the rest of his life probably, but does that mean he should never be allowed to play football, at any level? 

I disagree about Olympiakos being shit. They've got a great coach, and he has them playing some really good technical football. They break with pace and their movement is excellent. They've got some skilled players who will probably move on to bigger clubs this summer after proving themselves in Europe.

They've had a superb season overall. Europe's 2nd top scorers, behind Bayern. I reckon they are a better team than Galatasaray, but overall I'm glad neither Galatasaray or Olympiakos made it any further.

I'm sure most teams will be hoping they get United in the quarter finals. RVP's injury looked a bad one, and Evra is suspended. Evra isn't all that, but he's first pick because there's no one better. Moyes got rid of Fabio, for some reason, so the only real option is BUTTNER!

Imagine if United draw Bayern. Robben vs Buttner. Blimey.

As I said i was being relative, I think Olympiakos (and Galatasaray) were clearly a level below the rest in the last round. And after selling their top goal scorer they are now weaker than earlier in the season. 

Buttner in the next round must be a frightening prospect for all United fans. Robben as you say would destroy him and if Real got them I know what wing I'd stick Ronaldo on.

Shitty hola is not working at the moment so I can't watch this :(

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/disgraced-former-hearts-defender-convicted-3216613

I know what he did was terrible, and he has been rightly punished, but do you feel he should be allowed to get on with re-building his life, if possible, without being followed around by the Sun or DR? I do think its time for them to let it drop and let him re-build if he can, yes he messed up, and he will be on the sex offenders list for the rest of his life probably, but does that mean he should never be allowed to play football, at any level? 

I'm sure he will be allowed but I can't see anyone signing him. I wouldn't want him playing for my team.

I generally stand on the side of rehabilitation and letting offenders move on once their punishment has been served and as long as he'd only be playing football at a low level I'm okay with it. I'd have a problem if in a similar situation a player was going to return to a bigger club at a professional level where players are role models to kids celebrated by fans. That obviously isn't the case here though. 

I'm amazed he wants to play. He'll get a ton of abuse wherever he plays even if there are only 20 fans watching a match.

• Upvote 1

Buttner in the next round must be a frightening prospect for all United fans. Robben as you say would destroy him and if Real got them I know what wing I'd stick Ronaldo on.

Even if you didn't put Ronaldo on that wing, you'd put Bale there. Either way, Buttner is getting kicked in half.

Just a thought, but say Aberdeen meet the blue side of Glasgow in the cup final, does that mean that the fourth place team in the league will get the euro spot, as the runners up will be ineligible to play in Europe.

Don't think the cup runner's up get into Europe anymore. Or if they do it's dependent on who else has already qualified.

But Hampden isn't linked with Ireland.

Why does it matter which stadium it's in?  Celtic Park was operating as a national stadium for the final, Celtic had nothing to do with it.  Why would the police match commander say a sunburst is OK in one stadium in Glasgow but not another when the teams involved aren't Celtic or Rangers?

Why does it matter which stadium it's in?  Celtic Park was operating as a national stadium for the final, Celtic had nothing to do with it.  Why would the police match commander say a sunburst is OK in one stadium in Glasgow but not another when the teams involved aren't Celtic or Rangers?

It doesn't, but the fact the police rejected it at Celtic Park means that the connection with Celtic and Ireland is the only real reason to nix the display.

Spuds should just sack this idiot Sherwood now, what kind of statement is this for a manager to make,

They were running scared. It was good to see their manager sweating as much as he did. I didn't see a suave character, he looked really flustered. It was worth the entrance fee to see that.

What an absolute prick he really is. Nothing is pleasing me more than seeing Spuds struggle at the moment.