aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

It seems like this fly-by protest is nailed on to happen. It seems so cruel, and pathetic. Whether you want him out or not. It's just shite. Boo at full time if you really want, but to distract the crowd, and possibly Moyes himself from the game to read a banner, letting him know they want him to lose his job? Needless. Do they really think it's going make Charlton and Fergie dash to the boardroom and make a quick decision to sack him, because of a banner stuck to a plane? Fuck off.

No surprise 'Red Issue' are heavily involved. Those joyless wankers have pissed and moaned since their inception, even throughout the 22 years of unbridled domination. And now, out of all the people involved at the club, they are pinning all the blame on Fergie, who they are now referring to as "Sir Stooge" because he didn't speak out against the Glazers. I wonder if Billy Big Bollocks at Red Issue has ever confronted his employer? Probably not. Twat.

• Upvote 1

I just can't imagine being so retarded and sad that I feel the need to hire a plane with a banner to make my feelings clear about a manager.  If you're not happy just boo or something.

Stupid Prawn sandwich brigade.

It was probably the work of some oil rich bell ends from Ellon.

Could be a blessing. Moyes will probably park the bus. Might be beneficial having a defensive full back who won't venture too far forward. Smalling is good at defending. Just not so good at the whole playing football thing. Defend, hoof, easy. 

Not expecting United to do anything other than prevent getting totally buttfucked, and with Buttner on the other side, an actual defender on the right would be useful. I think Rafael is ace, but he doesn't like getting beaten. When he does get beaten, he usually climbs all over the forward and hauls him down.

Rafael is a truculent little so and so, and I have to agree entirely with Joda's assessment, aside from the fact I don't think Rafael is a particularly ace footballer; he's quick, agile, comfortable on the ball and always keen to get forward. Defensively, though, he has several deficiencies, and I think it's crucial for Manchester United to use well-disciplined full-backs against Bayern Munich; for all their possession play, Bayern Munich are one of the most devastating teams in the world in terms of utilising the entire width of the pitch with intelligent and inventive wing play. Ribery and Robben are so incredibly dangerous and inter-changeable, and subsequently they are the key to Bayern's attacking prowess - especially when Mandzukic is playing. Imagine Mandzukic and Lewandowski receiving cross balls from Lahm, Alaba, Robben, and Ribery...fucking hell. That isn't even factoring in one of my favourite players in the world currently: Thomas Muller, who is so fucking great at finding space, be it out wide or in the penalty box. He can be the guy working the channels and crossing the ball into the box, or the central player that finds the space to bullet home a cross. Love that guy.

Y'see, Moyes? When you have the right players in place, emphasis on attacking width is very effective. But when you have Valencia and Young hitting the byline to cross for an out-marked Rooney or Van Persie (tall but rarely dominant in the air), it doesn't quite work the same.

I think Manchester United will give it a good shot tomorrow, but Bayern Munich are the best club side I have seen this season, and they will win both matches without conceding many, if any, goals. As well as Bayern's ability down the flanks, they have some very potent creative forces who tend to play through the middle (Kroos and Gotze), and they have Bastian Schweinsteiger who provides all-round class in a deeper role. Bayern Munich will have over 60% possession of the ball after 90 minutes tomorrow, I reckon.

Basically, I have a hard-on for Bayern Munich and I look forward to watching the game tomorrow.

Rafael is great. The improvement he's made since he was teenager is huge. He was pure mental when he first joined. The last two seasons, he's been equally as good as Zabaleta, IMO. Zab often gets lauded as the best in the league. I disagree. Neither Rafael or Zabaleta are as colossal as Ivanovic.

Still, as you expect from ultra attacking full backs, Brazilian ones especially, he's going to get caught out of position on counter attacks plenty. But when he's in position, his defending is very good. Decent in the air for a little lad, and his tackling is solid. He just needs to settle down when a forward manages to get goalside of him, and realise it's probably better to concede possession than haul the man down and risk getting sent off.

But in a game where Bayern will have most of the ball and when United do lose the rare possession they may have, Bayern will counter will blistering speed, I think they'll be better off with a rigid defender on both sides. A proper flat back four, where the full backs keep in line with the centre backs, like a Tony Pulis side. Sexy football.

Rafael has always looked like a bit of a headless chicken to me. He's good at a lot of things without a) being great at them or b) doing them in the right order. He'll fly in and make a saving tackle, then try a backheel or he'll make an overlapping run then blast a shot over the bar. Pab Zab is an all-round better footballer. Better control and distribution and sees the game a step ahead of most younger full backs. His arse is only about half the size of Ivanovic's though. The best full backs are all arse and thighs. Bobby Carlos can attest to that.