aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

We also seem to have ignored the fact that Liverpool smashed Spurs to go top of the league. Their fate is IN THEIR OWN HANDS. All they need to do is win their last 6 games which happen to include home games against City and Chelsea. Piece of piss.

Seriously though, it's looking very interesting and I find myself actually wanting Liverpool to come out on top. It would be good to see someone other than City or Chelsea win the league. I'd rather it was Everton or Arsenal or even Stoke but Liverpool have been very impressive this season and deserve to be where they are.

They'd have secured the trophy by now if Charlie Adam still played for them though.

It's hard to believe I'm saying this but I want Liverpool to win the league. Fun team to watch and going from seventh place to potentially winning it is a massive achievement. Another thing overlooked from the weekend is that Everton finishing in fourth is in their own hands too. Liverpool would be a very happy place at the end of the season if both teams achieve those targets. I like Arsenal and earlier in the season I rooted for them to win the league but now they've imploded a bit I'd like to see them drop out and change up the top four even more. 

Back on Saints, Rodriguez has to go as the second highest English goal scorer this season but I have a feeling he may be the one to miss out with Lallana and Lambert going. Shaw will probably miss out too but I think he should also go. Lallana has to be the first name on the team sheet, he's incredible. 

I too find myself wanting Liverpool to win the league. It's a horrible, horrible feeling.

@Gladstone - I'd obviously take a fit Craig Gordon of old at the Dons, but it would be very harsh on Jamie Langfield who has had an excellent season. Also a gamble given that Gordon hasn't played football for a very long time.

Aberdeen should certainly be talking to Craig Gordon. We're mental if we're not. Agree with Adam that Langfield has had a great season and it would be harsh to replace him off the back of that but if we're to push on we need true competition for places. Craig Gordon, trying to prove fitness and his ability, would be great competition for Langfield and a superb addition to the club for the likes of Rogers to learn from. Certainly rather go down that route than sign Weaver for another 6 months.

Despite all of Gordon's past woes, I imagine he'd still command fairly high wages. He'll probably get signed by an EPL team (or Rangers).

I was only half serious when I suggested he could be the Dons' next keeper.

I think after two years since his last game and stints coaching at the arse end of the Scottish league he'd be open to the idea of playing for any half decent SPFL side that was reasonable on the wages front. He's got a lot to prove and I doubt an EPL team would take the risk on him. He said on Sportscene he's been talking to a few Scottish clubs. He'd be much more likely to get a chance playing first team football up here than in England.

That's good - I think he'd be a good fit at Aberdeen actually, but I just imagine that he'd still be able to command higher than SPL wages. Happy to be proven wrong though.

He was a top keeper before all his injuries. I hope gets back to somewhere near his best. How's Macgregor? He wasn't doing too well the other day after getting hoofed in the kidney.