aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

What can I say, I, like most people saw Frank Lampard as a 21 (?) year old at West Ham where he looked the real deal, as good as any attacking mid-fielder this country had produced, skilful, fast and fucking massive from what i remember, a lot bigger than he looks on t.v.....exciting times. He moves to Chelsea, improves, wins everything, looks world class. In the meantime gains 100 caps for England, in his position of choice and looks nothing more than mediocre, sometimes poor. The qualities you mention disappear, the reasons why are open to debate.  

Like you said about Gerrard. He was playing around a bunch of average players, or players who's heart was not in it. He wont carry a national team on his own. 

My opinion is that anyone who doesn't see Lampard as much more than mediocre footballer is merely being a contrarian.  His records and statistics alone signify a top player, or as some might say "world-class."  Who are you comparing him to? 

No one? im comparing him to no one.

Whatever anyone thinks are the "greater qualities" of Frank Lampard Junior ( I personally think he's dreamy :) ) all i was saying was that his international form has never matched his league form, which for an England fan I find frustrating, rest assured he's not on his own, and certainly not the worst, or some would argue, 100% "to blame" for that, I have mixed opinions.

Alas......today I found.................... I was wrong :dunce:

Cambridge going for a record breaking 7th clean sheet on the spin tonight at that football giant Alfreton Town this evening, bit of a bogey side for us though so taking nothing for granted but will be wonderful to keep going this quite spectacular start to the season we are enjoying!

Saying that either Gerrard or Lampard are / were poor players is just mad. I can only imagine it comes from an extreme averse reaction to the idea they were over rated at times, which they may have been. However they are both great players. Always preferred Lamps myself but that is probably chelsea bias. Scholes is easily top out of those three though. Was it during Sven's reign that he stopped playing international football? Whoever was in charge they were stupid not to use him properly.

It was Sven who put him on the left side of midfield in a 4-4-2, to continue to attempt to play Lampsy and Stevie together,m when a shift of formation to accommodate 3 midfielders probably could have worked. 4-3-3 or even a 4-4-1-1 could have accommodated all of Lampard, Gerrard and Scholes better than putting anyone on the wing. It'll be a long, long time before England have 3 midfielders as good as those 3 to wrestle over.

Gerrard and Lampard certainly aren't poor. Gerrard was world class when he played in the middle of a front 4. A complete forward, as good as Rooney, and whoever else. I don't think Lampard was as good as Gerrard in their prime, but he certainly wasn't far off.

Lampard has never been great for England. Partly due to the team/system, partly due to him underperforming at times. He's never really 'let loose' for england like he did/does for chelsea. He had an unbelievable amount of potential for being a major player at international level but that hasn't really happened. So, I can see where furtuiee is coming from, although I DO think he's one of the best players the premier league has had. Top 5 probably. He's a proper game-winner, and that's pretty rare.

Lots of goals last night. I got home at half time and chose the Bayern match which was probably the wrong choice but I'd not seen them under Guardiola yet so was interested to give them a look. Worth it for Robben's goal though, I love a scooped pass.

Toure's goal for City was awesome and Real scored a load of good ones.

iulqWNTFp0mGb.gif

• Upvote 1

That's kind of genius actually. I wonder if it will catch on. High risk though. You're exposed to bits if it doesn't work.

Im not sure it's all that risky. It's essentially the same as a lofted free kick from deep where everyone goes up, just with the added threat of incoming pace and surprise. As long as the guy at the back manages to clear the midfiled there's really not that much risk.

And swigs milk in the street.

Why is that even a thing?

Edit: for those who don't know what I'm on about... During the whole madchester thing when manc-looking people began to form, it became a 'trend' to buy those small 1 pint milk jugs and walk around with them. I never understood why.

Edited by ca_gere