aberdeen-music

Cool Thinkers Cool Thoughts & Local News Thread

Guest Cool Thinker

• 3 weeks later...

The whole 'is he just trolling?' thing is so stupid. If CT was someone just taking the piss and it was all revealed to be a an 'epic trolling' I wouldn't feel in any way done over or embarrassed. It's easy to pretend to be someone else on the internet - you're not winning some big game by fooling people who can't see you. He contributed some good information at times but had a negative impact on the level of actual worthwhile discussion so i'm glad he fucked off. Whether or not he was fake or genuine is irrelevant in my eyes.

• Upvote 1

I forgot to share these DMs I received from the big guy himself on tweeter:

"I give you permission to take over the thread on Aberdeen Music as my successor. A bit like what they do with American chat shows.

Sorry about earlier, I know your loyal."

Some local news I picked up from my last visit: Carluccio's is baws.

I'll hopefully have some Bridge of Don updates next weekend.

I'm not a picky eater, but I don't really eat meat and hate cheese (yes, even on pizza, jeez internet, calm down) so that really limits the choices. I know it's entirely my own fault for not liking more stuff, but they didn't really have much that could be adapted. Then I asked for the vegan menu thinking it'd at least have a few pasta dishes or something and it ended up being like a child's menu and my choice was pretty much soup or spaghetti with tomato and basil sauce. Wahwahwa, I'm so oppressed etc. My parents enjoyed their food, though.

I'm not a picky eater, but I don't really eat meat and hate cheese (yes, even on pizza, jeez internet, calm down) so that really limits the choices. I know it's entirely my own fault for not liking more stuff, but they didn't really have much that could be adapted. Then I asked for the vegan menu thinking it'd at least have a few pasta dishes or something and it ended up being like a child's menu and my choice was pretty much soup or spaghetti with tomato and basil sauce. Wahwahwa, I'm so oppressed etc. My parents enjoyed their food, though.

You should've tried either Penne Giardiniera or Pasta con Funghi? It does sound like Italian food isn't for you though if you don't like meat or cheese.

Edited by Alkaline

I do usually love Italian food and lots of places are really accommodating and don't look at me like I'm a weirdo if I ask for a pizza or pasta without cheese, but I felt like a jerk at Carluccio's. I think it just seemed like a smaller menu than most places, maybe.

Edited by kirsten

I do usually love Italian food and lots of places are really accommodating and don't look at me like I'm a weirdo if I ask for a pizza or pasta without cheese, but I felt like a jerk at Carluccio's. I think it just seemed like a smaller menu than most places, maybe.

I think a lot of the chain style Italian places have restrictive menus and the family run ones tend to be a bit more flexible.

I think a lot of the chain style Italian places have restrictive menus and the family run ones tend to be a bit more flexible.

I think you're right, although I did go to Prezzo (I think... possibly... one of the Z ones in Union Care anyway) recently and there were a few things I fancied. Maybe it's the chains that are trying to seem more like family owned independent places that are the problem. Mi Amore beats them all anyway.

Im sorry, But i cant understand this... You dont eat meat or cheese?... What else is there left to eat if not meat or cheese?.... 

It's tough being a vegetarian sometimes, when you go out for dinner there's usually only one or two things on the menu you can eat, so if you don't like them you go hungry.

Also Ciao Napoli > all others.

I was vegan for a few years, and it made eating out more-or-less impossible unless you phoned ahead an asked what they could do to accommodate you or accepted that you were going to have tomato pasta and that was that.

xx

I was vegan for a few years, and it made eating out more-or-less impossible unless you phoned ahead an asked what they could do to accommodate you or accepted that you were going to have tomato pasta and that was that.

xx

Then you realised that meat is delicious and got back on board with the rest of us and started eating lovely juicy meat again. MEAT!!!

• Upvote 1

Im sorry, But i cant understand this... You dont eat meat or cheese?... What else is there left to eat if not meat or cheese?.... 

It's a difficult concept to get hold of and angers many many people (especially the cheese part, I'm going to have to start pretending that I'm vegan or lactose-intolerant rather than telling the truth of just not liking cheese) but I get by. I eat a lot of vegetables and delicious, awful CARBS and most places these days will have at least a few things that I like because other than meat and cheese, I'll eat anything. It's difficult when there's somewhere that will have one vegetarian option and that's mac and cheese. That usually just happens in pubs, though, and I'll happily eat some chicken fillets or something if there is nothing else but I would rather not.

It's a difficult concept to get hold of and angers many many people (especially the cheese part, I'm going to have to start pretending that I'm vegan or lactose-intolerant rather than telling the truth of just not liking cheese) but I get by. I eat a lot of vegetables and delicious, awful CARBS and most places these days will have at least a few things that I like because other than meat and cheese, I'll eat anything. It's difficult when there's somewhere that will have one vegetarian option and that's mac and cheese. That usually just happens in pubs, though, and I'll happily eat some chicken fillets or something if there is nothing else but I would rather not.

Now this I just plain don't get.  Why would people get angry and why should you have to make excuses for your preferences?  You don't like cheese.  Big whoop.  All the more for me.