aberdeen-music

Cool Thinkers Cool Thoughts & Local News Thread

Guest Cool Thinker

Aberdeen City Council have announced today plans for a £200,000 Hogmanny Party in Union Terrace Gardens.

They have also announced plans to bring back the Christmas ice rink spending £100,000 on the ice rink.

A council worker looked out their window today the conversation went like this.

Council Worker - What's New Year?

The END

Holy shit.

• Upvote 1

Guest Giles Walker

Aberdeen City Council have announced today plans for a £200,000 Hogmanny Party in Union Terrace Gardens.

They have also announced plans to bring back the Christmas ice rink spending £100,000 on the ice rink.

The END

Couldn't you have put this in the 'Cool Thinkers Fan Fiction Thread'?

It has been said that if Aberdeen Wins UK City of Culture that Aberdeen will be considered to host the MTV Europe Music Awards. Doubt we will win unless Aberdeen City Council suddenly have a change of heart and do lots of investment in the city. We would also need a bigger arena to host it.

Wouldn't it be a tad ironic that if Aberdeen were to host this MTV event, that it would be in a place where you likely wont be able to buy music, unless it's in a supermarket?

• Upvote 2

Guest Cool Thinker

Wouldn't it be a tad ironic that if Aberdeen were to host this MTV event, that it would be in a place where you likely wont be able to buy music, unless it's in a supermarket?

I doubt that would stop them.

I did something bad I have researched the MTV EMA's and now I really want them to be hosted here. Damm.... Evening Express teasing me.

Guest Cool Thinker

Couldn't you have put this in the 'Cool Thinkers Fan Fiction Thread'?

It is not fiction though this Christmas & New Year Aberdeen City Council will be spending £300,000 to have a New Year Party with bands and Ice Rink. They are also considering moving The Union Terrace Market into the park, aswell as providing disabled access. They want everyone to start making use of the park.

This marks the end of The City Garden Project forever after 3 years.

Guest Cool Thinker

HMV Aberdeen

113 Union Bridge, 14 Trinity Centre

AB11 6BE

Rent - £325,000

Lease Expiry - 04/01/2018

9,800 square feet

compared to 

HMV Dundee

71/77 Murraygate

DD1 2EA

Rent - £200,000

Lease Expiry - 01/05/2016

3,268 square feet

Just Sayin

Guest Giles Walker

The END

So this is the actual minutes of that meeting?

Guest Cool Thinker

So this is the actual minutes of that meeting?

No, the council did not spend the money they stole the money and spent it on the city, they shall have statues erected in front of Marshall College.

Guest Cool Thinker

Although I generally disapprove of chain restuarants, Carluccio's is actually pretty good. They have a deli inside the restaurant as well and sell loads of ace Italian meats, cheeses, pasta etc. Good coffee as well. I'm down with Carluccio's.

It won't be open until 2014 at least, the Glasgow one took 18 months to complete. Hopefully Antonio will still be alive when it opens although he is a figurehead and no longer owns the restaurant he is an employee.

Guest Cool Thinker

Aberdeen Football Club have identified a site to move to in Dyce near the airport.

AECC have identified a site to move to in Dyce near the airport.

Welcome to Gridlock Hell.

Edit - Once AECC moves McDonald's Bridge of Don will most likely close.

Edited by Cool Thinker

Guest Cool Thinker

Jamie's Italian opens on Monday (18th February 2013) but is fully booked for the first week (unless you just wan't lunch) if you wan't dinner the earliest you can get in is 25th February 2013. 

Edited by Cool Thinker

Aberdeen Football Club have identified a site to move to in Dyce near the airport.

AECC have identified a site to move to in Dyce near the airport.

Welcome to Gridlock Hell.

Edit - Once AECC moves McDonald's Bridge of Don will most likely close.

Both only rumour at this stage. AFC have flatout denied any potential move to Dyce. If they do end up going it'll be with gritted teeth...

Guest Cool Thinker

I wonder what ever happened to that mad butcher with his knife who wanted to open a restaurant in the other part of E&M's.

Thinking about E&M's what is going to happen with the bridge connecting the 2 buildings how will the mad butcher keep Jamie Oliver from coming into his restaurant via the bridge at night and trashing his restaurant.