aberdeen-music

Cool Thinkers Cool Thoughts & Local News Thread

Guest Cool Thinker

Krispy Kreme are the shit, but a lot of that may be the fact that I can never actually get the fucking things so I want them more. If they opened one here I'd probably go like twice then get bored of it, like Shake-A-Mania. 

So I was back in Aberdeen last week for the first time in a year. Man did Union Street go even further downhill since I was last back. I came out of the Trinity Centre and walked down towards the Castlegate, and it was just discount shop after discount shop after discount shop. It's pretty sad. Those new American sweetie shops up the other way are fairly pish as well. 

So I was back in Aberdeen last week for the first time in a year. Man did Union Street go even further downhill since I was last back. I came out of the Trinity Centre and walked down towards the Castlegate, and it was just discount shop after discount shop after discount shop. It's pretty sad. Those new American sweetie shops up the other way are fairly pish as well. 

Well, to be honest after you went to Poland I'm afraid we didn't really cope with the loss very well. The city's self-esteem just plummeted and we didn't really see the point in caring about our appearance any more. We don't totally blame you, we know we weren't exactly perfect either, but it's been difficult, y'know?

Krispy Kreme are the shit, but a lot of that may be the fact that I can never actually get the fucking things so I want them more. If they opened one here I'd probably go like twice then get bored of it, like Shake-A-Mania. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-21610522

So what if you're travelling on Virginia Street and you want to go up on to Bridge Street or Union Street? Do you now have to go all the way down Market Street, along Riverside Drive to the BP roundabout and turn right up South College Street? That's kind of a long winded route to go 100 yards.

So what if you're travelling on Virginia Street and you want to go up on to Bridge Street or Union Street? Do you now have to go all the way down Market Street, along Riverside Drive to the BP roundabout and turn right up South College Street? That's kind of a long winded route to go 100 yards.

you could cut down Shore Lane, onto Regent Quay then come up Marischal Street.  But otherwise yes.

Guest Cool Thinker

If you were wanting to go to Union/Bridge Street why would you be on Virginia Street anyway?

Guest Cool Thinker

Yeah man, why would you even do that?

If you were intensionally going there you would of turned off at the roundabout.

Guest Cool Thinker

I had a quicker way but the train tracks got in the way.

Guest Cool Thinker

Virgin Atlantic Domestic Flights UPDATE

They will operate under the Little Red brand owned by Virgin Atlantic but the plane will be owned and operated by Aer Lingus.

There will be a 23kg bag allowance, leather seats, pre assigned seats and you will be able to get Irn-Bru and a specially made kind of tyrells crisps called Plane Crisps.

The adverts have already appeared around Aberdeen including having a billboard at the train station.

Edited by Cool Thinker

Guest Cool Thinker

American Candy World will be moving from the old "The Works" unit and will be opening in the former "Game" unit on Union Street.

Card World will be opening where American Candy World is currently.

Guest Cool Thinker

I have been reading my Pizza Hut thread again and cannot stop laughing at this:

Lucky Rathen, on 20 May 2011 - 21:33, said:

"I got food poisoning from it once about 8 years ago, was puking and shitting for 3 days. Shit my pants on the first day. Wouldn't have set foot in the fucking place, good riddance to it."

Sorry Lucky Rathen please don't ban me.

• Upvote 4

Guest Cool Thinker

The opening of Carluccio's in Union Square has hit a problem Pure Spa have objected to Carluccio's getting an alcohol licence. Pure Spa which will be next door to the restaurant has said that it could affect business.

Bob's post was best:

I remember one time I went there and got pizza and this other time I went there I got pizza again. But the first time I had some cola to wash down my pizza with and the second time I can't remember what I had which is weird because the other time was more recently unless I'm getting the two times mixed up. There was a third time I went there and I got pizza but I don't like to talk about it. 25 years? Wow.

Incidentally CT, how did you manage to work there in 2008 when you were 11? 

I worked there back in 2008 made loads of friends it was good and so was the pizza. Its good that is lasted a 25 years.

Guest Cool Thinker

Bob's post was best:

Incidentally CT, how did you manage to work there in 2008 when you were 11? 

I was 12, I am 17 now. That was BS, thread filler because the truth is too boring.

Guest Cool Thinker

You are such a reckless bastard.

You have got me mistaken, my parents were married when I was born.

Posted at School.

Edited by Cool Thinker
  • Upvote 1