aberdeen-music

Cool Thinkers Cool Thoughts & Local News Thread

Guest Cool Thinker

Guest Cool Thinker

Aberdeen Journals on Lang Stracht might close and printing of Evening Express & Press & Journal be moved to Dundee, this would make 46 people redundant.

HMV weren't bought by Hilco. Their debt was bought by Hilco. It means that they control what happens to the company but it's still in administration for now and being run by the accountancy firm in charge of that process.
That doesn't always equate to too many people viewing it, someone may have just asked it to make the perfect cup of tea.
They won't close it as the offices are still there, they will just close the printing press side of things.

This thread should be called "Cool Thinker's Mostly Incorrect Reading Of Things".

• Upvote 1

Guest Cool Thinker

Clinton's Cards on the lower floor of Bon Accord closes tomorrow, the one upstairs will remain open.

2 Scottish Flags have been put up on Jamie's Italian ahead of it's launch in February 2013.

Time to look at how the snow has effected the planes and trains.

Aberdeen International Airport

Flights to Norway and surrounding countries have been CANCELLED.

Average delay to flights is: 4 HOURS.

On the rare occasion you may have to change flight at a different airport if conditions change while you are in the air.

Aberdeen Train Station & Dyce Station

Trains are running on time.

Guest Cool Thinker

A leaked report has reported that The Scottish Government will not give funding to any regeneration project in Aberdeen City Centre until The City Garden Project happens.

Guest Cool Thinker

Disappointed you haven't posted about the new and improved Aberdeen-music website   :moody:

I have posted on another thread at my anger that once you have posted you are not allowed to edit a post.

Prefer the old one.

Guest Cool Thinker

you probably can, but just within a certain time frame.

Yup just checked, and edit appears at the bottom by the report and delete options

I edited within a minute and it said "You Do Not Have Permission To Edit".

I don't like how I would have to become a supporter to edit my messages. I guess eventully the whole forum will become pay only.

I don't like how I would have to become a supporter to edit my messages. I guess eventully the whole forum will become pay only.

i think making edits for supporters only is good. And i'm saying that as a supporter, really. x

That's never going to happen. At the moment everyone, supporter or otherwise, can only edit their post for a certain time. It used to be 5 minutes, it's probably been reset to 60 seconds with the new site,.

Guest Cool Thinker

Jane Norman are having a closing down sale, I reported that they were closing and all of you did not believe me due to them employing staff. Just because they are taking on new staff does not mean they are not closing down.

Virgin Atlantic flights to Heathrow are launching on 9th April 2013. Flights will be operated by Aer Lingus and prices start at £99 return.

Edited by Cool Thinker