aberdeen-music

Cool Thinkers Cool Thoughts & Local News Thread

Guest Cool Thinker

Guest Cool Thinker
From the above website.

Also from the above website.

which is anticipated to distribute over 15 million fiction and nonfiction books to children by the end of 2014

Guest Cool Thinker
Guest Cool Thinker
The vouchers for books scheme with WH Smith will probably have the end of 2014 as its expiry.

It couldn't be the £1 off a book scheme as it says that McDonalds will Distribute 15 Million books by 2014.

Guest Cool Thinker
Every website leads off with the words "5 week promotion". What part aren't you getting?

The part where it says it will continue until 2014/2015. It says 5 week promotion then goes on to say it will still be going in 2014.

It couldn't be the £1 off a book scheme as it says that McDonalds will Distribute 15 Million books by 2014.

They've signed a deal as part of an initial 5 week promotion. It may well be that they'll conduct the promotion at several points during the next two years. But it is not permanent.

Guest Cool Thinker
They've signed a deal as part of an initial 5 week promotion. It may well be that they'll conduct the promotion at several points during the next two years. But it is not permanent.

After hearing this I have withdrawn from this argument but next time I will win.

• Upvote 2

They also have deals with Mattel and Disney. This is going to be a recurring thing in the cycle of Happy Meal gifts so the 15 million will be over the course of the two years. The whole thing about being able to buy the book as well is just better PR seeing as you can buy the toys on their own anyway.

Guest Cool Thinker
It's not surprising, for the last 5 years it's been more a case of When not If.

Yeah but it in the news that Sony and Microsoft purchased HMV.

Guest Cool Thinker
I anticipate HMV being replaced by yet another pound shop on Union Street. With One Up (most likely) going at the end of the month Aberdeen will have Cavern and fuck all else for music buying it seems.

2 Floor poundshop I think if it does go it will be empty for years the unit is too big for most business in the current climate. I am personally hoping Home Bargains open a city centre store.

Guest Cool Thinker
Any word on a 2 pound floorshop?... I could be done with some cheap lino

I doubt a 2 floor Poundshop is possible as Poundland have opened in Union Square in a 3 floor unit but only use 1 floor.