aberdeen-music

Cool Thinkers Cool Thoughts & Local News Thread

Guest Cool Thinker

Guest Cool Thinker

I thought I would do it early.

I am 16 year old and on 24th April 2008 I was sent to a boarding school only coming back weekends and holidays which ended my social life but now I have a friend which means I can get my life back on track. In 2013 I will be leaving school and going to college.

I was born in 1996

See not exciting.

• Upvote 3

I thought I would do it early.

I am 16 year old and on 24th April 2008 I was sent to a boarding school only coming back weekends and holidays which ended my social life but now I have a friend which means I can get my life back on track. In 2013 I will be leaving school and going to college.

I was born in 1996

See not exciting.

Have you considered doing an autobiography?

Guest Cool Thinker

Ramboland will close down on 7th January 2013 after 25 years of being open it will be replaced by the Smugglers Cove area featuring Play Area and Restaurant.

Guest Cool Thinker
The Wimpy at the beach is horrible, they don't even do a bender in a bun anymore.

I beg to differ.

http://www.wimpy.uk.com/full-menu.asp

May I also add that Wimpy have classed the Aberdeen branch as an express branch and do not give you your food on a plate or do desserts etc. Their Peterhead and Fraserburgh branches are classed as full branches.

In summery, if you want a bender on a plate head to The Broch.

Guest Cool Thinker

I was going to meet a girl today but I have decided to ditch her and have a bender in a bun instead, looking at the size of it I might have to limp home.

Looking at the menu I see that they now have a Bender salad so even health freaks can be benders.

• Upvote 5

Guest Cool Thinker

I went to the Wimpy at the beach today so I could see Ramboland one last time and the place was empty so I looked at the menu and to my anger they did not have the Bender In a Bun that was an outrage why do people in Peterhead, Fraserburgh and Portobello get a special menu but the people in Aberdeen have to suffer, so after that I got served by the most miserable (nice looking) woman there and I ordered a Cheeseburger meal (£5.20) and it took ages to arrive despite the place being nearly empty and when it did arrive it was tiny. My thoughts on Wimpy have gone below and all I think of them now are that they are a more expensive and rubbish version of McDonalds.

After that I went to Cineworld at the beach for the first time since February 2012 (when was the last time you went ?) and I noticed some changes the Food bit is not counter service rather than self service and there was now an Arcade so the place has Cineworld bits but mostly UGC branding even though it has been 7 years since the takeover, the place needs a revamp. I went to see Life of Pi 3D and on the glasses it told me to recycle them in the bins provided I spent 80p on them and I am keeping them.

So that was my day.

• Upvote 2

SSE Lost a fuse or something. Power cuts all over Aberdeen including traffic lights being out on Union Street. WOO HOO!

Think there's a fire at the TSB on Union Terrace which might be the root cause for the power issues. Someone on twitter suggested the power had been cut there.