aberdeen-music

Cool Thinkers Cool Thoughts & Local News Thread

Guest Cool Thinker

Actually fuck Millets, I hope it's Halfords. Fucking rip-off merchants. I've got a bee in my bonnet about Halfords at the moment. Cock-guzzling jizz-crackers.

Have you seen how much they charge to fit wiper blades, if they go bust they are clearly doing something wrong. Although they do seem to be going down the furniture store sale route.

If you know about stuff about cars, then you don't use halfords unless and emergency.

stock is unrealistically over-priced and some cases I've seen us selling the same product for less than half the price of halfords.

Yeah this. My missus bought a bike there a couple months ago, they persuaded her she needed all sorts of shit to go with it, lights, helmet, lock/chain etc, and they convinced her she was getting a great deal but she paid massively over the odds for it all. They assembled the bike for her, then two days later she was cycling round a busy street in the city centre with a bus alongside her and the handlebars came off in her hands. Also the gears don't work properly, and now they're claiming that's her fault and they want her to pay for the repair.

cunts, moan about it on their facebook, you might get something back, a lot is to be said for complaining and threatening to take it further, I think this is ok only when you know they are taking the piss and you know your rights. I hate the type of people who think they can stamp their feet and get everything they want, when its their fault for something and the company is not liable

Yeah this. My missus bought a bike there a couple months ago, they persuaded her she needed all sorts of shit to go with it, lights, helmet, lock/chain etc, and they convinced her she was getting a great deal but she paid massively over the odds for it all. They assembled the bike for her, then two days later she was cycling round a busy street in the city centre with a bus alongside her and the handlebars came off in her hands. Also the gears don't work properly, and now they're claiming that's her fault and they want her to pay for the repair.

Guest Giles Walker

The gears will stop working properly because the cables will stretch due to it being a new bike, they should have included a free service to sort this out. This happens on all bikes.

I am assuming the stem came loose, it would have to be a catastrophic failure for the handlebar to come out of the stem.

My brother had a part time job working in the bike section of Halfords and he said he was pretty shocked at all the elemental stuff they just didn't do to bikes when building them.

He had to explain to his bosses and colleagues why they should tighten bolts to the correct torque and use grease on the threads of bolts to stop them from seizing. It sounded like a bit of a joke tbh.

I had a similar experience working at a sports store in the bike department.

Buy your bike from a bike shop if you don't want some dog shit bike that falls apart.

If you want to only spend minimal money on a bike, then you have to expect it to fall apart and be super heavy i'm afraid.

Unless you buy a stolen bike from a junkie, then you could luck out and get a top of the range beast for the price of a fix of the sweet brown!

• Upvote 3

Guest Cool Thinker

NEWS

* Millets Is Closing Down

* Poundland at Union Square has closed down

* One up Will be closing down on 31st January :(

* HMV is currently in administration and will refund your gift cards but Asda and Tesco are considering refunding the cards, Game is interest in buying the stores. The Canada stores will continue.

* Blockbuster are currently in administration.

* Jessops has closed down due to administration.

* American Candy Co. are going to be closing down.

Above explains why I don't like talking about the high street.

As a tribute I will buying stuff from 1Up this weekend.