aberdeen-music

Cool Thinkers Cool Thoughts & Local News Thread

Guest Cool Thinker

Guest Giles Walker
I love the idea of this but the sad truth is that there's more music out there that I want than I can reasonably afford, so I do download quite a bit of it. I realise the hypocrisy - there's tons of clothes and stuff I want as well, but I don't steal those, I just accept I can't afford them - but I do it anyway and I don't really feel that bad about it. Though strangely I refuse to download films. I always pay for films.

You should get a healthy vinyl habit on the go, getting a record in the mail is a great feeling.

I got a 7" single of an old record i have been after for years this morning, i was super excited to open it and find it was OOP and looked in NM condition.

Then i filed it away in the appropriate shelf and went back to arguing with people on the internet in silence and darkness.

• Upvote 4

You should get a healthy vinyl habit on the go, getting a record in the mail is a great feeling.

I got a 7" single of an old record i have been after for years this morning, i was super excited to open it and find it was OOP and looked in NM condition.

Then i filed it away in the appropriate shelf and went back to arguing with people on the internet in silence and darkness.

I collected classic vinyl for a few years, I had a decent collection, then I got bored of it taking up all the space in my cupboard so I swapped hundreds of £ worth of vinyl for two Iron Maiden tickets.

Kilau is gone? Oh man that sucks. That was my first date cafe. It served me well over the years and led to many second dates (and eventually ending up balls-deep in several of them. LADZ!)

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/3096472#.UQJpwObuaHw.facebook

They're concentrating on the Kilau in old Aberdeen having done a lot of work on refurbing it etc. Sad that the city centre cafe is closed for good but at least the students will still get good coffee. Bastards.

Guest Cool Thinker
They're concentrating on the Kilau in old Aberdeen having done a lot of work on refurbing it etc. Sad that the city centre cafe is closed for good but at least the students will still get good coffee. Bastards.

Is it student only, or could you just catch the 20 to the place and walk in ?

Despite HMV being bought by Hilco the website and facebook pages are still dead. Although the stores footfall has increased dramatically.

HMV weren't bought by Hilco. Their debt was bought by Hilco. It means that they control what happens to the company but it's still in administration for now and being run by the accountancy firm in charge of that process.