aberdeen-music

Cool Thinkers Cool Thoughts & Local News Thread

Guest Cool Thinker

I went to the Wimpy at the beach today so I could see Ramboland one last time and the place was empty so I looked at the menu and to my anger they did not have the Bender In a Bun that was an outrage why do people in Peterhead, Fraserburgh and Portobello get a special menu but the people in Aberdeen have to suffer, so after that I got served by the most miserable (nice looking) woman there and I ordered a Cheeseburger meal (£5.20) and it took ages to arrive despite the place being nearly empty and when it did arrive it was tiny. My thoughts on Wimpy have gone below and all I think of them now are that they are a more expensive and rubbish version of McDonalds.

After that I went to Cineworld at the beach for the first time since February 2012 (when was the last time you went ?) and I noticed some changes the Food bit is not counter service rather than self service and there was now an Arcade so the place has Cineworld bits but mostly UGC branding even though it has been 7 years since the takeover, the place needs a revamp. I went to see Life of Pi 3D and on the glasses it told me to recycle them in the bins provided I spent 80p on them and I am keeping them.

So that was my day.

You should write this in a letter to the Evening Express.

"Dear Sir,

I went to the Wimpy at the beach today so I could see Ramboland one last time (which incidentally was empty). Upon looking at the menu I realised to my anger that they did not have the Bender In a Bun meal. This is an outrage. Why do people in Peterhead, Fraserburgh and Portobello get a special menu, but the people in Aberdeen have to suffer?

Yours disappointedly,

Cool T

Mastrick.

Dr Noodles are going to be opening a noodle bar somewhere in Aberdeen location unknown. They currently only have 2 noodle bars one in Dundee and one in St Andrews this is part of their mission to open a noodle bar in every city in Scotland and northern England.

Also they will give you noodles in a box just like in America.

Has this happened yet?

• Upvote 1

Guest Cool Thinker

Aberdeen Airport has been renamed Aberdeen International Airport. There is also plans to open a Novotel & Ibis hotel.

JD Weatherspoon has abandoned plans to open 2 new pubs in the north east including 1 in Fraserburgh due to a issue with the Scottish government tax.

Guest Cool Thinker

Jimmy Chungs is dying also they used to have loads of restaurants but now it has all gone wrong for him.

Current Restaurants

Aberdeen

Edinburgh Waverley Bridge

Edinburgh Grindlay Street

Dundee

Inverness

Stirling

Dublin

I guess Cosmo will finish off their Aberdeen presence.

Guest Cool Thinker
That is no bad thing. Jimmy Chung's is fucking rotten.

EDIT - is the Elgin one gone?

I kinda agree Jimmy Chung's were past their best and now upmarket Cosmo have came on the scene with unlimited soft drink refill's and italian food their days are numbered.

The Elgin has closed along with their Union Street and Westhill branches.

Have you seen how busy that bloody place is?! Ridiculous, man. My office is directly opposite and above their entrance and some of the queues have been mental. I often look up from my computer and see a queue stretching as far as Greggs just before they open at lunchtime. I keep thinking that the buzz will eventually die down, but it's absolutely rammed every day. We tried to go in for lunch once at about 12:30 and were told it'd be an hour-long wait, and the place is massive. You'd think Aberdonians had never experienced an all-you-can-eat buffet before.

Guest Cool Thinker
Have you seen how busy that bloody place is?! Ridiculous, man. My office is directly opposite and above their entrance and some of the queues have been mental. I often look up from my computer and see a queue stretching as far as Greggs just before they open at lunchtime. I keep thinking that the buzz will eventually die down, but it's absolutely rammed every day. We tried to go in for lunch once at about 12:30 and were told it'd be an hour-long wait, and the place is massive. You'd think Aberdonians had never experienced an all-you-can-eat buffet before.

Well the food is completely fresh the only problem with it is there is too much tables so you are crammed in to little spaces.

Guest Cool Thinker

Monopoly on Facebook are doing a vote in which a piece will be banished from the game and replaced by a new piece. Save you favourite on Facebook.

Pick 1 To Save

* Car

* Thimble

* Scottie Dog

* Boot

* Battleship

* Hat

* Iron

* Wheelbarrow

Pick 1 To Vote In

* Robot

* Ring

* Cat

* Helicopter

* Guitar

You can vote once a day and voting closes on February 5th 2013 the loser and winner will be announced the next day. Games with new piece will come out later in the year.