aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

I think Mata has been at his best this season off a lone striker anyway, in a more central area.

This is the exact position Hazard prefers! Pretty sure he would get pissed off if he was used as a winger all the time. Mata played an awful lot last year and really tired in the last few months of the season so they could rotate them, but that is an awful waste of talent to leave one sitting on the bench.

This is the exact position Hazard prefers! Pretty sure he would get pissed off if he was used as a winger all the time. Mata played an awful lot last year and really tired in the last few months of the season so they could rotate them, but that is an awful waste of talent to leave one sitting on the bench.

Neither will be left on the bench. Both will play and both will interchange position in the way that Silva/Nasri/Balotelli/Tevez do for City.

I thought Chelsea would have benefitted greatly last season if they'd had two Juan Matas on the pitch. Now they kind of do. He can get the ball through the midfield and to the striker efficiently and effectively.

I think Mata is likely to take a secondary role to Hazard though, considering the money involved.

Guest Gladstone
Did you string it out over Twitter? Other interested parties? Did your agent take a massive cut?

Not really.

I mentioned to a couple of players that I was considering coming out of retirement. They told the manager who then phoned, texted and left a message and said:

"PLEASE SIGN NOW SO THAT YOU'RE ELIGIBLE FOR A SEMI-FINAL ON SATURDAY."

And I said:

"Eh, okay - I'm not going to be anywhere near match fit, but go on then."

And the deal was done.

Just you wait to the dazzler's on board.

I've got a feeling he could do a good job at Dundee or Hamilton or one of those clubs, end up nicking 10-12 goals a year for them for two/three seasons before retirement.

I thought Chelsea would have benefitted greatly last season if they'd had two Juan Matas on the pitch. Now they kind of do. He can get the ball through the midfield and to the striker efficiently and effectively.

I think Mata is likely to take a secondary role to Hazard though, considering the money involved.

Chelsea also got Marin which has flown under the radar a bit so they are doing a good job re tooling for next season with their unlimited monies. If they get Hulk as well they could be scary.

How much would Hulk cost too? He has the £80 million release clause so while it won't be that much, they won't let him go cheap. I remember an article suggesting he may be available 'for around £60million' but surely no one will pay that either? Especially not Chelsea after the Torres transfer. Think they would be weary of spending so much on one player again.

Don't think they are going to get a bargain striker though. Everyone being touted as transfer targets this year has a high price attached.

Hazard will play for Chelsea. No question of him not getting into the team

4-2-3-1. Hazard, Mata and Marin behind Torres. Brollies up. It's raining goals.

Then again, despite Hazard announcing the move himself, on Twitter of all places, there's still nothing official from Lille or Chelsea.

I said all along I didn't want United to get him anyway because he seems like a total boob. Kagawa looks better suited to what United actually need and has played in a better league for a team that has gazumped Bayern Munich to the title two years in a row. He's also due to cost less than half the price of Eddie Izzard. Sorted. Hope he brings his big Polish mate Robert Lewandowski too. Goal machine.

As usual, Germany win the best strip contest. Followed by England and France this year:

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/kits/124652/euro-2012-all-32-home-away-kits-for-euro-2012-your-cut-out-and-keep-guide-photos.html

How come Ireland get a shirt sponsor?

And yeah, Germany away is my favourite out of that lot. I like the Greek one too. Portugals is the same as it has been for years.

Then again, despite Hazard announcing the move himself, on Twitter of all places, there's still nothing official from Lille or Chelsea.

Right, I wont believe it until I see him shake hands with the manager John Terry at the press conference.

Imo, Kagawa probably is a better signing for Man U but Hazard could be a very good signing for chelsea.