aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Guest Gladstone

SFA need to get Rangers to fuck before they bring everyone down with them.

The excitement of having Ross County in the SPL will bring with it amazing new TV deals, so that argument can fuck off now too.

I forgot to mention previously that my signing on fee for New Deer FC was a brand spanking new training kit which is the brightest shade of yellow I have ever seen (despite the team playing in green) with the number 11 on the back. Delighted. 11 is my favourite number - it's an omen. I'm going to score 11 goals in my first match on Saturday with a new pair of boots that I'm going to buy tomorrow. I pulled my boots out of the shed this morning for training tonight to find them in a bit of a sorry state. I don't think they've got much more than 1 training session left in them... I want a pair of black adidas predators that I can whip David Beckham type crosses into the box with and smash Eric Cantona style volleys into the top corner with and lob keepers in the style of Ross County's latest signing, Serge from Kasabian. It's going to be awesome.

• Upvote 2

Guest Gladstone
I take it that we'll be getting a full blow-by-blow account of the season as it happens? I'll stop coming on here if you don't tell us everything that happens!

Absolutely. New Deer FC is more important than any of this professional pish everyone keeps talking about.

If we don't win and I don't score, I'll just make it up. Maybe. The season has already started and I have no idea how it's going - probably the same as it always does with New Deer. Brilliant one week and then shit for the next 3 or 4 weeks. The most inconsistent team in the world. Ever.

Absolutely. New Deer FC is more important than any of this professional pish everyone keeps talking about.

If we don't win and I don't score, I'll just make it up. Maybe. The season has already started and I have no idea how it's going - probably the same as it always does with New Deer. Brilliant one week and then shit for the next 3 or 4 weeks. The most inconsistent team in the world. Ever.

Sounds consistent to me!

• Upvote 2

A: It will end in Balotelli coming on as a sub and leaving the pitch after 5 minutes, claiming to have been racially abused, just to be the centre of attention.

Seriously, if he is racially abused he has every right to walk away, but knowing him, he'll claim he was regardless.

I really hope there are no incidents at the Euros at all, but you can just guess Mario will be at the centre of any kind of incident.

Guest Gladstone
New Deer FTW. Can we get relpica shirts with your name on the back?

Also, this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18260738

Can anyone else guess how this is gonna pan out?!

You probably can if you want to.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10151484897300262&set=o.149277178448945&type=1&theater

That's what the strip looks like.

"CRIGHTON 11" on the back. Come to all the home games etc and shout abuse at the manager for not building the team round me...

I like how Mario Balotelli adds that he will "kill" anyone who throws a banana at him. I bet he would too. But that'd be fine, because he would have killed a racist, right? And besides, it's Mario Balotelli, and he is a LAD, so him breaking someones neck is just banter, or whatever.

Guest Gladstone

Super Mario is starting to bore me to be honest.

Obviously he's right to have a strong stance on racism. I completely agree with that and if he went to the Euros and got racially abused, he would be in the right if he refused to play. However, this just sounds like more attention seeking - why come out and say it a week before the tournament, knowing exactly what will happen...? He probably was asked directly by a trouble-making journo and just answered honestly, but still.

EDIT: I forgot to say - and publicly saying he will "kill" anyone that racially abuses him in the street is just stupid. Killing racists isn't exactly going to solve anything is it? It will rid the world of one racist, whilst criminalising another young black man and make the racist's friends and family probably hate black people more.

Another thing I just though of though - in this instance his stance won't actually do any good. If an Italian player gets racially abused by the local fans in Poland or Ukraine and decides to go home are the racist local fans going to care? No. It's not the same as Bobby Carlos walking off the pitch in Russia because that affected the Russian team he was playing for and made them think twice, maybe. If Balotelli was Polish and was their best player, they would think twice about any racism etc. but they won't give a fuck if an Italian bench warmer decides to pack up and go home. It's a tricky one because I doubt I'd put up with it if I was him.

Guest Gladstone
I dont think he would actually kill anyone lets not get carried away.

I don't think he would actually kill anyone but he's a very high profile professional football player who I'm sure young black kids (and other kids as well, but it's relevant in this instance to focus on young black kids I think) look up to. And he's publicly saying he would kill someone who racially abuses him in the street. Now, an impressionable young black kid hearing this may think it's okay to react to racial abuse with violence. As I say - not productive.

You wouldn't think he'd let off fireworks in his bathroom either. I don't think any of us can really say what he wouldn't do, but we can certainly predict what he's probably capable of doing, because he's a lunatic.

I think he's probably bright enough to know that murderers are considered to be worse people than racists generally.

Another thing I just though of though - in this instance his stance won't actually do any good. If an Italian player gets racially abused by the local fans in Poland or Ukraine and decides to go home are the racist local fans going to care? No. It's not the same as Bobby Carlos walking off the pitch in Russia because that affected the Russian team he was playing for and made them think twice, maybe. If Balotelli was Polish and was their best player, they would think twice about any racism etc. but they won't give a fuck if an Italian bench warmer decides to pack up and go home. It's a tricky one because I doubt I'd put up with it if I was him.

It might cause UEFA/FIFA to actually do something about it instead of wringing their hands for a bit before handing out a tenner fine to the offending club/association. That'd be progress.

No one should be made to feel that they have to put up with it.

I think quite a lot of people would have the same feelings if they were racially abused. If someone called me a honkey i would looking for the nearest crowbar to take their teeth out with.

I would also be wary of that interview being twisted round to say what they want it to say, it is Balloteli afterall, they love to sell non stories of that guy.

You're offended by Honkey? I call the missus Honkey all the time. I suppose it's okay since I am too am a Honkey. What about "Cracker"? They say it on Scrubs, so it must be acceptable.

If a player is racially abused during the Euros, I definitely condone a mass walk-off by the whole team. Killing racists is a bit much though.

Guest Gladstone
It might cause UEFA/FIFA to actually do something about it instead of wringing their hands for a bit before handing out a tenner fine to the offending club/association. That'd be progress.

No one should be made to feel that they have to put up with it.

You're absolutely right that nobody should feel they have to put up with it but I don't think UEFA / FIFA would actually do anything about it to be honest. Sadly, I think it would take more than Balotelli to walk off the pitch. You would probably need the entire Italy team to walk off the pitch in support of Balotelli before they take notice.

The thing is about all this, do you not think this is the FA and BBC trying their best to undermine another FIFA decision, very little has been said about the racist problems of Poland and the Ukraine over here for the past 10 years, then FIFA give them a European Championships and all of a sudden the place is full of racists and the likely hood is black people will be instantly attacked and panorama feel the need to make a programme on it. It just stinks of another attempt to have a go at FIFA for not giving England the World Cup.

Id be happy to put £100 down that we will see very little racism at the Euro's, no more than what happens in Bradford on a daily basis.

• Upvote 1