aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

I saw a bit of that. It annoyed me alot, by being horribly unfunny. I switched it off pretty quickly. I also watched "Most Shocking European Championship Moments Ever" or something along those lines. Presented by David James. It was bad. But apparently the most shocking moment in a Euros competition ever is Gazza missing that cross in to the box against Germany in the semis. That's right. Gazza missing a chance is the most jaw-dropping Euro moment of all time. Not Greece smashing their way to the final. Not Denmark winning it in 1992 despite not qualifying, and their star player refusing to play because he thought it would be a waste of time. No. Gazza missing a chance. It also had snippets of wisdom from such people as Ruch Fulscher from the Mighty Boosh and FATBOY from Eastenders. You know. Football people, of course.

Programmes about football are awful. They should be illegal.

• Upvote 1

Phil Neville? Really? Struggling for a left back and pinned it all on that penalty he gave away against Romania, by any chance?

That's exactly what happened. They went through players who could have been picked in the worst XI too, and almost picked Andy Cole because of how poor his debut was, as well as Paul Robinson because of that bobble that led to an own goal. It was just an awful programme.

It was a peach. And Seedorf owned the middle of the park! I presume they must tell the pros not to take shots tho, cos him and Freddie had ample opportunity to pull the game back but seemed reluctant to shoot. Didn't stop Philips, mind you.

Did they ever say what happened to Gordon Ramsay? That challenge was grim!

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-05-28/gordon-ramsay-released-from-hospital-with-sore-back-after-soccer-aid-tackle/

Is that documentary about Polish racism and the Euros on tonight?

See Sol Campbell chipping in about it as well. Nice to see a chap complaining about racism whilst claiming every Polish football fan ever is a white hood wearing, nazi saluting racist. Talk about stereotyping Sol!

I know Walcott isn't letting his Dad go to the games. Either is Oxlade-Chamberlain.

It's a tough issue and I can see the cause for concern but is it just a load of scare mongering? Or is it worse than we think?

BIG news from Italy: wonder-coach, Juventus manager Antonio Conte, and the Lazio captain have been arrested from a probe into match-fixing which is sweeping the nation again. Can't believe Juve are involved in this again! Murr will most likely have an aneurysm.

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/italy/102193/default.aspx

I read that the only reason Conte is involved is because it dates back to when he was the manager at Siena. The FFT article isn't very clear on that though.

It says, "

He is being investigated on suspicion of sporting fraud and fraudulent association over allegations concerning a match between his previous club Siena and Novara in April 2011. There is no suggestion of wrongdoing involving Juve." So I guess you're right.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9295242/Chelseas-rebuilding-grows-with-78m-Eden-Hazard-signing.html

Hazard is getting paid about 170k a week. For a 21 year old that is only proven at French Ligue 1 level. Don't get me wrong I think he looks like he might be a great player but paying that much for talent is crazy. Also just another clear sign that financial fair play will mean nothing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9295242/Chelseas-rebuilding-grows-with-78m-Eden-Hazard-signing.html

Hazard is getting paid about 170k a week. For a 21 year old that is only proven at French Ligue 1 level. Don't get me wrong I think he looks like he might be a great player but paying that much for talent is crazy. Also just another clear sign that financial fair play will mean nothing.

Yup. He's a complete and utter tosspot, as proven with all this dicking about. What bugs me more is that he plays in almost exactly the same position as Juan Mata - Chelsea don't even need him. £170k is probably more than Lampard or Terry get, even..

thing is though who actually signed him? Crazy world when players are not signed by managers!

The Lolpool rollercoaster rumbles on, those Americans are funny, not a clue!

Anyone watch the panorama on Poland/Ukraine? Scary stuff especially when Legia Warsaw (think it was them correct me if I'm wrong) supporters started beating up their own supporters simply because they are Asian.