aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Sigurdsson's medical hasn't gone through yet, which is weird for a few reasons but mostly because he spent the second half of last season on loan at Swansea - surely they know pretty much everything they need to already?

Reeks of holding out to see where Rodgers ended up (he was instrumental in taking him to Swansea after seeing him through the youth setup at Reading), so I wouldn't be at all surprised if Liverpool hijacked that deal now.

Christ. I'd not considered that. The thought of Liverpool getting a good player... Urgh. Not only that, but a player AND a manager I like. What a horrible day that will be when they are both announced.

I wish I was dead.

gonna be interesting to see how much time Rodgers is given at Lolpool, wonder how the ever demanding scousers are taking to the appointment, they never gave Woy a chance. Don't expect him to get the kind of transfer budget the king got. Lolpool are looking more and more like a mid to upper table prem team who specialize in cups, bit like Man Utd used to be!

It'd be great if we all picked some random shite team (in a different division/country than the teams we alreayd do follow) to support all season long. Like a sweeper, but with no prize, except pride and bragging rights for your newly assigned boyhood club. Maybe we could even meet up have have a fight, like real football fans do.

• Upvote 1

It'd be great if we all picked some random shite team (in a different division/country than the teams we alreayd do follow) to support all season long. Like a sweeper, but with no prize, except pride and bragging rights for your newly assigned boyhood club. Maybe we could even meet up have have a fight, like real football fans do.

I support Bohemians now remember. They're the best.

But yeah, we should do that. That'd be fun. I might support 1860 Munich because of my FM allegiance. I should probably pick an English team as well though.

I want to support Millwall. When I collected Panini stickers as a kid I used to always do swaps to get loads of Millwall shinies because I liked the lion, and then I'd stick them all over my school books. Technically, that's a "boyhood" team, even though I didn't technically support them, right? I did support Luton Town for a while though, for similar reasons.

Millwall fans are widely renowned for being awful cunts. So yeah...

;)

Ha ha ha. The Luton Town story is similar too. As a little kid I wasn't allowed to collect stickers. But one of the bigger boys at school completed his book, so he did a "sticker scramble" with all his doublers, where he got all the boys from school together and he stood on a wall and threw them all in the air. I picked up one sticker. My first ever Panini sticker. It was a Luton Town shiny. I've had a love affair with Luton Town ever since. They're so awesome in that league that they play in, and all their players are the BEST!

You have a ridiculous amount of slightly genuine boyhood clubs. Just like Robbie Keane. Support them all. It can't fail. One of them must win something.

I watched a subtitled documentary about FC St. Pauli recently. They are a grand organisation. Anti Nazis. Anti Ultras. Anti Prejudice of any kind. A bunch of pussies really. I'm going to follow them through thick and thin this season.

Home or away. Through the rain and the snow. It doesn't matter. I'll look up the score online no matter what.

• Upvote 1

You have a ridiculous amount of slightly genuine boyhood clubs. Just like Robbie Keane. Support them all. It can't fail. One of them must win something.

I watched a subtitled documentary about FC St. Pauli recently. They are a grand organisation. Anti Nazis. Anti Ultras. Anti Prejudice of any kind. A bunch of pussies really. I'm going to follow them through thick and thin this season.

Home or away. Through the rain and the snow. It doesn't matter. I'll look up the score online no matter what.

I was in Hamburg last year, I passed their stadium a few times. I bought a pair of St Pauli aviator shades, and a black rubber duckie with St Pauli written on it. I've had a love affair with them ever since.

So you've got:

Aberdeen obviously. Plus your new local side Bohemians. Millwall and Luton Town as boyhood clubs. Blackburn Rovers and Sunderland as voted for by the Ab-Mus faithful. 1860 Munich due to FM allegiance. St Pauli due to buying merch and soaking up the local atmosphere. You once supported Rangers at one point right? And I remember you mentioning Everton not so long ago.

It's not enough.

So you've got:

Aberdeen obviously. Plus your new local side Bohemians. Millwall and Luton Town as boyhood clubs. Blackburn Rovers and Sunderland as voted for by the Ab-Mus faithful. 1860 Munich due to FM allegiance. St Pauli due to buying merch and soaking up the local atmosphere. You once supported Rangers at one point right? And I remember you mentioning Everton not so long ago.

It's not enough.

Fuck all them. MILLWALL FOR LIFE. SMASH WEST HAM.

Ha ha ha. The Luton Town story is similar too. As a little kid I wasn't allowed to collect stickers. But one of the bigger boys at school completed his book, so he did a "sticker scramble" with all his doublers, where he got all the boys from school together and he stood on a wall and threw them all in the air. I picked up one sticker. My first ever Panini sticker. It was a Luton Town shiny. I've had a love affair with Luton Town ever since. They're so awesome in that league that they play in, and all their players are the BEST!

Ah Luton the team everyone hates in the BSP, a team who spunk money on the promotion dream every season and fail at the final hurdle, a team so shit they failed to beat Cambridge last season! I like having them in a the BSP, it's a good pay day for us when we play them at home!

Guest Gladstone
Gladstone:

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/7787374/Martinez-staying-at-Wigan-DW

Spanish Bob is staying put at your boyhood club.

I knew he would. He grew up supporting Wigan, just like me.

The merry go round is silly. The radio said this today:

Rodgers to Liverpool

Lambert to Villa

Mackay to Norwich

and I forget who was going to go to Swansea.

I wish managers like Lambert, Rodgers, Martinez etc. would stay where they are forever and try to take the clubs up the table rather than jumping ship after a couple of good seasons to go to a "bigger" club with more money. Where did Villa finish last season again? It was pretty low down wasn't it? Liverpool is a totally poisoned chalice. If a club like United or Arsenal comes calling for one of these managers I could totally understand it, but I just think it seems like it would be more fun to manage Norwich than Villa, or Swansea rather than Liverpool. You already get paid an absolute shitload of money, and so long as you don't get relegated, your job's pretty damn safe, giving you time to build something at the club.

Guest Gladstone
Oh man, I wish I had a boyhood club to attach myself to for no reason :( Anyone want my allegiance?

Join the Wigan revolution. We will welcome you with open arms.

You need no other reason than Gary Caldwell is the best human being ever to walk the earth.